Search found 70 matches

by Capt_Tripps
28 Oct 2007, 03:25
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Widescreen problems
Replies: 1
Views: 1393

Read through this post. Maybe it will help.
viewtopic.php?t=7293&start=0&postdays=0 ... highlight=
by Capt_Tripps
27 Oct 2007, 21:30
Forum: News
Topic: Tribes Review at Games Radar
Replies: 37
Views: 7880

Tribes Review at Games Radar

Despite the eronious bullet about the editor (which isn't even commented on in the review), I found the review, although extremely casual, to be quite nice. This probably fits well with majority of the sites viewers. I would expect a celestial heavens review on the other hand to be quite a bit diffe...
by Capt_Tripps
27 Oct 2007, 18:36

Simple factual inaccuracy detracts from the value of the review and brings into question the validity of the reviewers judgements. This reviewer can't event get a simple fact like "No tutorial for map/scenario editor" correct. This is not a quality to be judged or an opinion to be given. T...
by Capt_Tripps
27 Oct 2007, 17:23

I could have sworn that the 67 page, fully illustrated, step by step walkthrough on making a map constituted a tutorial. HOMM5_Editor_Practical_Guide.pdf Of course they did cleverly hide it in the folder named Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\Editor Documentation I mean, seriously, w...
by Capt_Tripps
26 Oct 2007, 21:36
Topic: Something I Only Discovered By Mistake...
Replies: 16
Views: 4663

Actually, Relic has, with Company of Heroes:Opposing Fronts, gone to a system where you register the game to thier online service and either have log onto the system (if your online) or have the dvd in the drive (if you're not connected to the internet).
by Capt_Tripps
25 Oct 2007, 21:32
Topic: HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE
Replies: 42
Views: 29540

Yeah, I posted in the Mapmaking Guild forum not too long ago. I figured I would post it here so that non-editor types could try it. I also added the link to the map files. I considered trimming the data folders down and making a custom pak file for just the campaigns, but after browsing through the ...
by Capt_Tripps
25 Oct 2007, 00:55
Replies: 42
Views: 29540

HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE

I've managed to get the campaigns from Heroes 5 and Hammers of Fate to work as Custom Campaigns in Tribes of the East. It was mostly just renaming some of the campaign files and editing some of the paths in the campaign.xdb file. I used the extracted campaign map files from H5 and HoF that were post...
by Capt_Tripps
21 Oct 2007, 22:51
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Replies: 0
Views: 1955

HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE

I've managed to get the campaigns from Heroes 5 and Hammers of Fate to work as Custom Campaigns in Tribes of the East. It was mostly just renaming some of the campaign files and editing some of the paths in the campaign.xdb file. I used the extracted campaign map files from H5 and HoF that were post...
by Capt_Tripps
19 Oct 2007, 02:30
Topic: Tribe o t East is out.
Replies: 22
Views: 17550

I got it. Walmart and Target have it. I don't know why BestBuy wouldn't, but whatever.
by Capt_Tripps
18 Oct 2007, 16:03
Topic: Tribe o t East is out.
Replies: 22
Views: 17550

I just called BestBuy here in Wichita Falls, TX and they show it arriving at thier store on the 25th :(
by Capt_Tripps
17 Oct 2007, 22:26
Topic: Heroes V Widescreen Tip(s)
Replies: 10
Views: 14775

Do you have to start RivaTuner before you have the created resolution or can you uninstall RivaTuner and the resolution is still there after once created? I'm not sure about uninstalling, but you don't have to run RivaTuner after creating the resolution. It should be fine though. I have widescreen ...
by Capt_Tripps
17 Oct 2007, 02:14
Topic: New Patches?
Replies: 14
Views: 9299

New Patches?

Is there any word on if there will be any new patches now that TotE is out (mostly)?
by Capt_Tripps
17 Oct 2007, 01:12

Here's how to make a custom resolution in RivaTuner: At the top of the "Main" tab there should be a picture of a monitor with a drop-down menu below it. If you have more than one monitor and or video card, make sure that you have the monitor/video card combination that you want to make a c...
by Capt_Tripps
15 Oct 2007, 22:36
Forum: Articles
Topic: Fortress Walkthrough Started
Replies: 7
Views: 3826

Wulfstan's Defiance - The Border Zone

I looked into it and it sounds like the rune problem is related to a bad no-cd exe.

viewtopic.php?t=5771&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 2381015435
by Capt_Tripps
15 Oct 2007, 22:15

Thanks. I got that, but for some reason my hands decided to keep typing 1260 and my mind decided to ignore the disparity. I fixed it.
by Capt_Tripps
12 Oct 2007, 02:00
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Tribes of the Easter Egg
Replies: 21
Views: 7960

Tribes of the Easter Egg

Are we talking about the hexagons or the space suit. Maybe they'll bring The Forge back.
by Capt_Tripps
06 Oct 2007, 22:14

Heroes V Widescreen Tip(s)

Here's a tip for those of you running Heroes V on a widescreen monitor. The problem with Heroes V on a widescreen monitor is that they just stretch the image to fit the monitor in anything but standard 4:3 resolution modes (800x600, 1024x768, 1280x960, 16000x1200). I monitor's native resolution is 1...
by Capt_Tripps
06 Oct 2007, 08:50
Topic: Screenshot Troubles (and a solution)
Replies: 0
Views: 1512

Screenshot Troubles (and a solution)

I recently discovered that I've been having trouble taking screenshots. For some reason I figured that after hitting the magic "Print Screen" button, the screenshot feature would kick in and the screenshots would Magically show up. I was mistaken. It appears that I've had to apply a little...
by Capt_Tripps
06 Oct 2007, 03:32
Forum: Articles
Topic: Academy Walkthrough Complete
Replies: 35
Views: 19916

The Mage → The Alliance

I just finished this level (version 1.5). I never had to fight Raelag or Shadya (Isabel's army was a pushover). Of course I had a HUGE army. Given the cinematics, I was wondering if there are alternate ending to this level.
by Capt_Tripps
28 Sep 2007, 19:38
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Vampire Lord
Replies: 18
Views: 6695

Vampire Lord

Is it possible to create alternate main menu animations?

Go to advanced search