Search found 63 matches

by jeffh
Oct 27 2012, 8:17
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!
Replies: 933
Views: 299339

Re: about Lunatic Vault

You must knock to several buttons on the walls and click on the white lever on the table in one of several rooms. I don't remember their locations - there are three or some more buttons. One of two central doors will be opened. Cellar Key open door after central room. Thanks, but I already knew all...
by jeffh
Oct 19 2012, 8:48
Topic: The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!
Replies: 933
Views: 299339

I can't for the life of me get through the Lunatic Vault. I can't find a way to open the big central room; there's also a secret door fairly close to the entrance that I can't open for love or money. I did find the cell key but it doesn't seem to open anything, and none of the switches seem to do an...
by jeffh
Oct 11 2012, 21:10
Topic: MM6 - Temple of the Moon - altars
Replies: 9
Views: 11529

Okay, it's WAAAAY after the fact, but here's how you handle the problem I was having when I first posted this thread. If you have touched altars out of order for any reason, perhaps hitting the spacebar once too often while collecting the treasures near them: 1. Leave the Temple and come back. It is...
by jeffh
Sep 26 2011, 21:23
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Question on Archery penalty
Replies: 3
Views: 1583

It's supposed to be half the length of the battlefield - which is longer if there's a fort or better on the defending side - and halved again if there's a castle wall in the way. I don't think other obstacles make a difference. Note that assassins et al are something of a special case as they actual...
by jeffh
Sep 26 2011, 7:36
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Larger text windows in TotE?
Replies: 0
Views: 1871

Larger text windows in TotE?

There's an old mod that's supposed to make message windows in HoMMV larger, for more comfortable reading of some of the messages that occur in more story-oriented maps. I have downloaded it and put it in my mods folder, but it doesn't seem to work in TotE. Several other mods including some its age w...
by jeffh
Sep 11 2011, 5:21
Topic: H5: Modfiles zipped with screenies and readmes
Replies: 7
Views: 10463

Can "comfortable story messages" be made to work in ToE? I've renamed it and put it in the mods folder, which worked as expected for various other mods its age, but in this case it did absolutely nothing.
by jeffh
Sep 6 2011, 12:03
Topic: Ingame Skillwheel and other useful and forgotten mods
Replies: 1
Views: 2469

It's at http://h5mods.nm.ru/3.0/ (i.e. just drop the /eng from the end of the URL you find the other mods at).
by jeffh
Aug 22 2011, 11:31
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 121208

Black Dragons aren't immune to magic! I had a whack of enemies, with no friendly units other than my blackies anywhere near them, and set off Chain Lightning expecting it to ignore the dragons as it would have in HoMM3, but it zapped them just fine. Killed a couple, too 8| . This took place in 1.6,...
by jeffh
Aug 21 2011, 8:59
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 121208

Black Dragons aren't immune to magic! I had a whack of enemies, with no friendly units other than my blackies anywhere near them, and set off Chain Lightning expecting it to ignore the dragons as it would have in HoMM3, but it zapped them just fine. Killed a couple, too 8| . This took place in 1.6, ...
by jeffh
Sep 17 2010, 8:41
Topic: Ruins in the Desert, what am I doing wrong?
Replies: 4
Views: 1822

Thanks. I tried contacting you via the site where I downloaded the map. Guess I should have stuck to CH.

I thought I'd tried that but I'll give it another shot. If not, I'll just assume something broke in one of the updates since the map was designed.
by jeffh
Sep 10 2010, 8:44

Anyone? Does it sound like my copy of this map is somehow bugged, or am I missing something obvious? I've heard of people getting stuck on this map, but not this early (except due to not being able to get the boots, which I had no problems with).
by jeffh
Sep 6 2010, 3:53

Ruins in the Desert, what am I doing wrong?

I can't seem to get anywhere in this map, which I've heard a lot of praise for. I can get the boots near the beginning, but that's it. I've found one magical axe but apparently it's not the one I'm looking for, as the quest doesn't go anywhere. I have completely explored the area I start in, up to t...
by jeffh
Sep 5 2010, 7:14
Topic: Legend of Erthia - Might and Magic-like Game (Progressing!)
Replies: 265
Views: 81931

Small question/suggestion: Why does Learning raise Wisdom and Meditation raise Intelligence? Seems to me the reverse would make more sense.
by jeffh
Aug 17 2010, 22:22
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes6 leak ?
Replies: 44
Views: 8108

Heroes6 screens leak ?

Only one resource besides wood, ore and gold? (Which appears to be crystal.) I hope that's only for the current phase of testing and that they'll ultimately have the whole lineup.
by jeffh
Aug 16 2010, 17:43
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Very basic (I hope) WoG question
Replies: 5
Views: 2332

I think that if you're in the town it should be offered to you, alternatively you may try to look up hero properties and click the crossed hands or in the town click mage guild? I also remember that here's an option "Sanctuary will ressurect commanders." Maybe my mage guild wasn't high en...
by jeffh
Aug 16 2010, 7:57
Topic: Very basic (I hope) WoG question
Views: 2332

Very basic (I hope) WoG question

I'm trying out WoG and managed to get my commander killed. How can I raise him? http://www.celestialheavens.com/h3maparchives/wog/wogfeatures.html says I can resurrect him but doesn't say how. I have returned to one of my towns and both left- and right-clicked on everything in sight, but nothing let...
by jeffh
Aug 16 2010, 4:54
Topic: Heroes I-IV FAQs
Replies: 11
Views: 23981

The WoG link in this thread is out of date; it should be corrected by the OP or a mod (and then this post deleted).
by jeffh
Aug 16 2010, 4:25
Topic: [HoMM3] Install Armageddon's Blade over Shadow of Death?
Views: 2791

I'll answer my own question here, in case anyone else in the same situation comes along later. When I didn't get a response right away (I was in an uncharacteristically impatient mood today for some reason), I decided to just load AB and see what happened and it worked fine. Apparently AB installs j...
by jeffh
Aug 16 2010, 0:34
Topic: [HoMM3] Install Armageddon's Blade over Shadow of Death?
Views: 2791

[HoMM3] Install Armageddon's Blade over Shadow of Death?

I have HoMM3 and its two expansions on separate CDs. I recently installed Shadow of Death thinking it would have everything on it, but it doesn't. Can I just install Armageddon's Blade and thereby have the whole shebang, or would I need to knock everything out and reinstall everything to get this ef...
by jeffh
Jul 13 2010, 5:58
Topic: vote for equipment set
Replies: 9
Views: 1909

I voted for 8 overall. But the following bits stood out as especially good: 1 - Armour, weapon 3 - Armour, mask/helmet 4 - Weapon 8 - Armour, weapon, helmet And the following seem weaker than the rest: 1 - mask/helmet, belt 5- mask/helmet (or is it part of his cloak?) 6- helmet 7 - weapon, helmet. I...

Go to advanced search