Search found 40 matches

by Ohma
21 Feb 2008, 21:21
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Why hasn't HOMM series won many more fans?
Replies: 45
Views: 18735

First impressions really did hurt 5. The way objects on the adventure map were (still are) scaled, the confusing interface, poorly worded (or nonexistant) skill and artifact descriptions, obvious imbalances, and a piddling selection of maps with no editor to create new ones; put together, those issu...
by Ohma
21 Feb 2008, 21:12
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Which Heroes of Might and Magic Game did you first play?
Replies: 70
Views: 23507

My parents bought H1 back when it was new (and we'd just recently splurged on a brand spanking new Windows based computer with a CD-ROM drive!!) and we all ended up having a blast playing hotseat games together.
by Ohma
21 Feb 2008, 21:07
Topic: Barbarian hero evolution
Replies: 20
Views: 10253

Yeah, I'd have to go with the H2 general too. The rest just look...off...and I still don't care much for the H5 "each faction is a different race" thing that's really obvious in the design for the barb model there.
by Ohma
16 Feb 2008, 17:32
Topic: Proposals for next patch
Replies: 49
Views: 12496

IMO they loose too much rage and absorb way too much dmg... i recall several times when no creature was killed while losing some 300 rage... i'd prefer if i could get to higher rage lvls easier but the units couldn't just take all that punishment without a scratch. Yeah that's what I was trying to ...
by Ohma
14 Feb 2008, 05:55
Topic: Which town has the best graphics?
Replies: 31
Views: 7415

I play at 1600x1200. Good for you. That could be part of the problem. The bag of gold lets you by creatures. The helm is for upgrading creatures. :) Fine, whatever, that doesn't change the fact that unless you know that you can buy and upgrade creatures ect., that those buttons aren't very informat...
by Ohma
13 Feb 2008, 17:59

Er . . . so those big buttons on the lower right and left hand corners of the town screen mean nothing to your friends? Are you sure they should be playing strategy games? Precisely which buttons were causing all the confusion? :| They aren't all that big once your resolution passes 1024x768. Thoug...
by Ohma
12 Feb 2008, 22:15
Topic: Proposals for next patch
Replies: 49
Views: 12496

I think something needs to be changed with the rage ability, maybe it's just me but I've yet to win against a barbarian opponent, and it seems partially due to their ability to 1. boost their stats waaaay up via rage 2. absorb damage without losing an appreciable amount of rage 3. gain just as many ...
by Ohma
12 Feb 2008, 22:01

This ain't H1 and there are alternative ways to buy creatures and that method is always usable. There is no way to make it useless. In fact, H5 has all needed functions in its interface which makes adding buildings to the town only for estatic reasons. There was no reason to include building-clicki...
by Ohma
12 Feb 2008, 21:50
Topic: Ashan - Best of all possible worlds?
Replies: 15
Views: 6293

I personally feel that the HoMM series is much stronger when the game isn't getting deeply involved with the M&M universe. For instance, I prefer the campaigns from the expansion for 2 to the campaigns from the basic game, because the expansion campaigns were much more fantastic, which fits with...
by Ohma
17 Jan 2008, 21:00
Topic: 22" Widescreen Monitor Resolution Question...
Replies: 7
Views: 4791

Indeed, DOSBox is incredibly useful once you learn how to use it. I've even been able to play my old copy of HoMM1 off the HD with no problems at all.
by Ohma
10 Jan 2008, 21:25
Topic: Logistics?
Replies: 27
Views: 9695

Naki wrote:Unlike Heroes III, in HOMM V the creatures/army speed does NOT affect adventure map movement of the heroes - it says so in the manual.
...and?

I'm sorry if I sound a bit thick but I don't really see how that somehow makes TP/DD any more powerful than in the previous games.
by Ohma
06 Jan 2008, 05:06
Topic: So what's the final verdict on Heroes V?
Replies: 271
Views: 58393

I understand that they can be useful at times but I feel they are way too situational. If you meant primary skills then I apologize, but still I would never take war machines for example. War machines is amazingly usefull if you get the right secondaries. Having a ballista that fires twice a round,...
by Ohma
02 Jan 2008, 20:58
Topic: Favourite faction in H2 - 2007
Replies: 18
Views: 6687

Warlock, I have much more fun when my army is full of monsters than when it's full of goody two-shoes elves and knights.
by Ohma
02 Jan 2008, 20:55
Topic: So what's the final verdict on Heroes V?
Replies: 271
Views: 58393

Eh, it's okay, better than 4 at least. Still isn't all that great though. I'd prefer that they went back to a more storybook fantasy style than a contemporary fantasy style if they made another game, and if they spent more time ensuring that the gameplay and editor were functional before they releas...
by Ohma
02 Jan 2008, 20:52
Topic: Favourite faction in H5 - 2007
Replies: 61
Views: 23911

I generally prefer the side sporting the most diverse assortment of interesting monsters in its army. So since the Dungeon is now home to the emo elves, I've come to appreciate the Acadamy the most.
by Ohma
25 Oct 2007, 22:34
Topic: Installing Heroes 1
Replies: 14
Views: 4780

There is no DOS AND Win95 version to my knowledge. Quick check, does your version include a map editor? ...no... But it does say right on the CD (and the installation guide) "For DOS and Windows 95". Furthermore, it includes a seperate installation program for both. I decided to install t...
by Ohma
25 Oct 2007, 22:28
Topic: Orc Evolution
Replies: 40
Views: 15220

I thought we were talking about HoMM orcs. ;|
by Ohma
25 Oct 2007, 22:27
Topic: ToE AI
Replies: 12
Views: 5541

You're kidding. Have you been playing Heroes V? On what level? I always play hard and until ToE, the AI essentially never retreated. In Heroes III, it would always do the old "cast devastating spell and run away" move. Normal. Though it could be that since my friend and I play larger maps...
by Ohma
25 Oct 2007, 16:13
Topic: Installing Heroes 1
Replies: 14
Views: 4780

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:The W95 version will NOT run on dosbox.
I beg to differ! I have my old copy (DOS/Win95) installed via the windows installer, and run through DOSBox.
by Ohma
25 Oct 2007, 16:09
Topic: Orc Evolution
Replies: 40
Views: 15220

ThunderTitan wrote:
There are no goblins...
Uhhh...yes there are... ;|

They're the little green guys with the grass skirts...

And the H2 Orc Cheif has a funny hat. Hee hee...

Go to advanced search