Search found 36 matches

by dcinroc
08 Mar 2008, 23:50
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Favourite/Least favourite dungeon?
Replies: 83
Views: 27931

My favorites: I only mention 7-9 cuz my recollections of the earlier games are hazy at best. MM7: Barrow Downs, Haunted Mansion, everything in the Pit (nice challenge, lots of optional killing), Castle Harmondale/Harmondale (good intro challenge), Temple of the Moon. MM8: Planes of Air/Water, Minota...
by dcinroc
05 Mar 2008, 18:32
Topic: MM8: Game resulotion too big?
Replies: 3
Views: 2514

I believe the issue with the inventory is a bug unrelated to your other problem. It seems to me that there was an earlier thread on this board that discussed it.

I had inventory crashes, but I think that just reloading the game solved it.
by dcinroc
17 Feb 2008, 19:11
Topic: Editing question: Monster spells
Replies: 12
Views: 6798

Yes, I would think Blades should work. The earth elementals in the Watchtower use the Blades spell.
by dcinroc
02 Feb 2008, 17:31
Topic: Why do I keep playing M&M?
Replies: 15
Views: 7290

I agree with you guys. I have certainly played lots of other games...but none have had the staying power of M&M for me.
by dcinroc
02 Feb 2008, 12:59
Topic: Why do I keep playing M&M?
Replies: 15
Views: 7290

Why do I keep playing M&M?

It's like a co-dependent relationship! We fool around for awhile, then I leave...never expecting to return...and yet, I just can't say goodbye. :)

Seriously, why do we keep playing after all these years?
by dcinroc
15 Dec 2007, 19:12
Topic: Does the order of your characters matter? (MM7)
Replies: 12
Views: 7576

I put my best ranged/spell attackers in the middle, cuz there have been at least a few occasions where the character on the end has his shot blocked by a corner.

Not a big deal...but it has happened to me in some dungeons.
by dcinroc
01 Nov 2007, 19:26
Topic: What is your favorite Magic school? (MM6 and MM7 only)
Replies: 36
Views: 14861

Man! I can't believe you guys are ignoring/dissing Sparks! One of the best spells in the game! I mean, I have taken down every critter in the game with that little spell (except, obviously, the magic-immune critters)! And consider this...when you go with your pittiful low level party to face Wromthr...
by dcinroc
01 Nov 2007, 19:11
Topic: Party based cRPGs?
Replies: 25
Views: 11739

For me, it all depends on game balance. One of the things I love about the early MM games is that all of your party members can be useful. They are not just annoying tagalongs to some almighty hero. Indeed, I really LIKE the four characters I created in MM7...I continue to replay them with the same ...
by dcinroc
01 Nov 2007, 18:59
Topic: M and M 7, how did you get through the game?
Replies: 25
Views: 7806

I voted "kinda everything"...but after thinking about it, I should have voted "Might." Most of the magic I use is LM buffing spells and adventure spells (fly, invisibility, torch), with the odd area affect spell thrown in. When I do use magic to get kills, it's almost always Spar...
by dcinroc
01 Nov 2007, 18:51
Topic: MM 6 & 7: Does perception help?
Replies: 20
Views: 20970

For it to work, the character possessing the perception skill must be the one opening the chest. I don't believe that is true.I had a recent playthrough where my Archer failed to open a chest. He and 2 other characters took varying points of damage, but my cleric dodged the effect completely (bobbi...
by dcinroc
01 Nov 2007, 18:43
Topic: MM 6 & 7: Does perception help?
Views: 20970

My memory is a bit hazy, but I seem to recall that there are hidden doors in MM7 that require at least Master perception to see. Also, most of the hidden doors in the game require at least Expert level. Keep in mind that since most of us have playedd the games umpteen million times...we know what we...
by dcinroc
01 Nov 2007, 18:33
Topic: Favorite Weapon Skill
Replies: 28
Views: 9902

I had to go with axe.

I don't think it's the "best" weapon, but it is probably my favorite. I'd say spear is the best.
by dcinroc
01 Nov 2007, 18:21
Topic: What is your most embarrassing/annoying death in an MM game?
Replies: 37
Views: 18037

What is your most embarrassing/annoying death in an MM game?

Ugh, I was playing MM8 recently and had a death so stupid that I must share it. Anyway, I had finished trashing some dragons in Garrote Gorge and Portalled back to Ravenshore to sell some items. My party was pretty banged up, with very low hit points. I had fly on and decided to fly on over to the m...
by dcinroc
01 Nov 2007, 18:08
Topic: MM7 Mok patch - massive weapon bug discovered
Replies: 9
Views: 12571

I have never experienced such a bug in MM7 or 8.

I run on WinXP with Mok's patch (dunno which version) and no other patches or downloads.

Are you running any mods on your game?
by dcinroc
05 Oct 2007, 07:30
Topic: MM7: CSSS party
Views: 12841

Editing your Druid to GM in all magics must have been fun; but did you also give your Druid Light & Dark Magic? Traveling around with three tombstones makes me feel odd, so I never solo in MM6 or MM7 games. I always play Light Path in MM7, so three tombstones just doesn't fit with my idea of pl...
by dcinroc
05 Oct 2007, 05:30
Topic: Might and Magic X, Ideas and Suggestions
Replies: 76
Views: 52083

I'd basically like MMX to be a lot like MMVI-VIII. First person view, turn-based combat. Keep the skills and training system largely intact. What I'd like to see changed is better game balance. Some classes/spells/items/skills were too powerful, and others basically useless. Some quests were too eas...
by dcinroc
28 Sep 2007, 20:17
Topic: MM7: CSSS party
Views: 12841

In my MM7 mod, Druids are allowed to GM all their magic, Rangers Master all their magic and Archers/Paladins can learn Light/Dark all the way up to master now. Fun to have Druids casting Incinerate, Power Cure and Lloyd's Beacon (they could in MM6, so why not?) Yeah, I edited the Druid magic up to ...
by dcinroc
28 Sep 2007, 16:59
Topic: Question about lich promotion mm7
Replies: 13
Views: 10435

Well it says to return it to a certain guy. So I guy to that guy that it says too which is also the same guy i get the thunder mountain quest from with the lich jars, and he says i don't have them... so whats up? Those are two different quests. The Thunderfist Mountain quest is for one of the Advis...
by dcinroc
28 Sep 2007, 16:52
Topic: Finally started my first MM8 game.
Replies: 14
Views: 5386

Having a Cleric and Vampire is a bit redundant if you ask me. The only reason to have a Cleric is Light spells, but if you must have them then the Cleric is a must-have. Actually, I think Clerics have HUGE advantage over Vampires. GM Magic Protection is nice, as is Power Cure, and Light Magic is fa...
by dcinroc
28 Sep 2007, 16:41
Topic: Weapon Enchantments - What rocks?
Replies: 5
Views: 7054

And while have a bow 'of Carnage' is cool at a distance, it is very dangerous to your party if used indoors. I have lost count of how many times I have zapped my own characters with a Bow of Carnage.
True. It is also useless against fire immune creatures.

Go to advanced search