Search found 22 matches

by Rymbeld
19 Jul 2011, 01:57
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: What HoMM Needs
Replies: 41
Views: 11956

What I think would be cool would be the ability to have subordinate commanders--more than one hero, essentially--in an army. You might have one main army marching along, with two or three smaller armies scouting along, flagging mines and such, but when you need to, you can unify all the armies. Of c...
by Rymbeld
17 Jul 2011, 15:49
Topic: HoMM is disappointing
Replies: 53
Views: 18139

Well, I must be in the minority, because for me, the HOMM games have never gotten old for me. I don't play them non-stop, but I always come back to them. I played RoE and player-made maps for years, never even getting the h3 expansions for a long time. For me it's just, a new map = a new situation t...
by Rymbeld
29 Jul 2009, 20:02
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: After-Action Reports
Replies: 43
Views: 15255

HOMMIII: Long Live the King - A Gryphon's Heart

In A Gryphon's Heart , the first scenario of the Necromantic campaign in Restoration of Erathia, one's quest is to seek the Spirit of Oppression, and to seize the body of the recently dead King Gryphonheart located in Stonecastle. The task must be completed in three months' time, else the body will ...
by Rymbeld
29 Jul 2009, 18:20
Forum: Articles
Topic: Long Live the King → Season of Harvest
Replies: 4
Views: 7917

Long Live the King → Season of Harvest

Good walkthrough. I just played this one today, and thought it was very tedious and boring.
by Rymbeld
29 Jul 2009, 18:20
Topic: Long Live the King → Season of Harvest
Replies: 4
Views: 7917

Long Live the King → Season of Harvest

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/225
by Rymbeld
29 Jul 2009, 04:39
Topic: Restoration of Erathia → Steadwick's Fall
Replies: 8
Views: 11851

Restoration of Erathia → Steadwick's Fall

I won this one today by sliding into Steadwick while Kendall was out at the windmill. It seems to me that Kendall leaves the castle if you have a hero right at the garrison. I wonder if that's the way you're "supposed" to win; fighting Kendall was way hard.
by Rymbeld
16 Jun 2008, 08:14
Topic: Recommend me some maps (H3, H4)
Replies: 9
Views: 4350

Recommend me some maps (H3, H4)

I just ordered HoMM3 & 4 Complete ! I've been playing just RoE for all these years, so I'm excited to see the expansions and then H4. And I'm excited about all the maps I'll have access to! But...there are 355 H3 and 231 H4 maps here and a ton at Map Haven (but can you still download the maps th...
by Rymbeld
15 Jun 2008, 03:37
Topic: Time to get through the campaigns in H5
Replies: 2
Views: 2045

Time to get through the campaigns in H5

how long did it take everyone to get throught the campaigns? I don't ask out of a sense of competitiveness but only interest. I haven't played all the Campaigns yet (I know, I'm behind the times), but so far I've got: The Queen: 137 days, 12,484 points The Cultist: 271 days, 35,840 points The Necro....
by Rymbeld
14 Jun 2008, 10:51
Topic: Why hasn't HOMM series won many more fans?
Replies: 45
Views: 18737

Did it really do that "poorly?" if you look here on the right then you'll see that HOMMV and TOE are the #6 and #7 top sellers, respectively. That seems good.
by Rymbeld
13 Aug 2007, 20:26
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: The Best HOMM Clones or games influenced by HOMM
Replies: 12
Views: 12641

I wouldn't call Disciples a clone really. I think it's distinguished itself enough from the Heroes series with the spell system, creature evolution, land capture, etc, etc. Maybe not a "clone" but, having read about the game now, I think it's obviously heavily influenced by HOMM. Here's s...
by Rymbeld
13 Aug 2007, 02:06
Topic: All the Walkthroughs Are Done!
Replies: 33
Views: 19000

The Warlock → The Expansion

I found the tear without too much trouble, but it did seem harder than in HOMM3, with the 3d graphics and everything, and not knowing what orientation the camera should be at. Mine was on the road newar the Haven outpost, just beyond the garrison.
by Rymbeld
11 Aug 2007, 20:17
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: The Best HOMM Clones or games influenced by HOMM
Views: 12641

The Best HOMM Clones or games influenced by HOMM

Hi, I don't really know a lot about various HOMM clones, but I'm sure there are many of them out there. So I'm starting this thread to find out about them! So talk about good HOMM clones and their pros and cons. I'll kick it off with one HOMM clone I have played: Lords of Magic! Pros: -Units can gai...
by Rymbeld
11 Aug 2007, 01:53
Topic: Infiltrate the Dungeon Campaign
Replies: 34
Views: 16492

The Warlock → The Clanlord

I went into the Fight at level 10, with Advanced Irresistable Magic Basic Defense Basic Sorcery Basic Summoning Basic Enlightenment Empowered Spells Elemental Vision Intimidate Vitality Magic Insight Master of Earthblood Intelligence Troops: 36 Assasins, 23 Minotaur Guards, 8 Blood Fury, 8 Shadow Ma...
by Rymbeld
10 Aug 2007, 17:53
Topic: Haven Revolution
Replies: 55
Views: 24641

I didn't find this one too hard. H5, none of the others even come close. It looks like a real place, rather than an odd assortment of buildings laying around. It's silly how in all the other ones the fortifications are off to the side and aren't protecting the buildings.
by Rymbeld
10 Aug 2007, 17:36
Topic: Griffin Evolution
Replies: 76
Views: 34239

I'm all about the HV Imperial Griffin. Decked out in armour and badass...that swoop attack, I love it!!! DEATH FROM THE SKY. They are the Tactical Bombers of HOMM.
by Rymbeld
10 Aug 2007, 17:22
Topic: Sorceress' Town Evolution
Replies: 54
Views: 24609

I know I'm late to the party, but I've been going through all these evolution polls and tis one was the hardest so far! I went with V but II and III are both nice--II being nicer. I think I is ridiculous: unicorns in a corral? C'mon, they should be running free or something.
by Rymbeld
09 Aug 2007, 10:17
Topic: Campaign, necro, last mission, heroic, can't do it
Views: 4949

I just beat this on day 7. I went straight to Hikm after getting the angel wings. I just spammed Curse of the Netherworld and occasionally raised some dead. I was surprised at how easy it was? But then again I'm playing on Normal, not Heroic.
by Rymbeld
09 Aug 2007, 04:51
Topic: The Necromancer → The Invasion
Replies: 54
Views: 37936

The Necromancer → The Invasion

Ok, I figured this one out. The key is to just avoid the orange armies and snipe the towns behind their backs. Their movement is pretty predictable, and a two-pronged strategy works best: get them to chase a hero while the other runs into town. Make good use of the Sanctuary. Recruit lots of low-lev...
by Rymbeld
07 Aug 2007, 22:57
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Installing H5 Maps
Replies: 3
Views: 2504

ok, I figured it out myself. I just created a new folder, named if "Maps" and that works.
by Rymbeld
07 Aug 2007, 20:16
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Installing H5 Maps
Replies: 3
Views: 2504

Hm, I started a map inthe editor and saved it: it was placed in the "\Maps" folder. However, I still can't see that folder or find it at all, and I can't extract files to that folder. What gives???

Go to advanced search