Search found 6 matches

by Charles J Lee
16 Jul 2007, 15:49
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: The Harder Difficulty Easier Win Anomaly
Replies: 2
Views: 1651

The Harder Difficulty Easier Win Anomaly

I find that playing official maps on higher difficulty settings results in a much harder starting game, but a much easier end game. As we all know, game always starts hard on higher difficulty settings, since you face stronger enemy stacks, start with fewer resources, and need lots of time to rest b...
by Charles J Lee
16 Jul 2007, 15:26
Topic: H4: Strategy, tactics and hints
Replies: 52
Views: 14833

I remember this Nature map with pain. It is not a difficult scenario if you move quickly, but almost any delay makes the difficulty rise dramatically. I've beaten it easily on intermediate (basically rushed the enemy castles with everything I got, hiring the orcs at the tower outside the first enemy...
by Charles J Lee
09 Jul 2007, 18:05
Topic: Playing on Expert/Champion vs Normal/Hard
Replies: 6
Views: 2646

Playing on Expert/Champion vs Normal/Hard

Hello I'm a newcomer to the forum, but a longtime Heroes fan. I"ve played most maps from H2-H4, so I'm pretty experienced and know most of the common tricks. But I'm not particularly good, and have generally stuck with Normal/Hard settings. I can beat most campaign maps with solo heroes and min...
by Charles J Lee
09 Jul 2007, 17:15
Topic: H4: Strategy, tactics and hints
Replies: 52
Views: 14833

Chaos Campaign Pain

Of all campaigns, I found the chaos the most limiting. You have to basically 'know' things that the storyline doesn't cue you to know - things that you really learn only after being squashed on your first two tries. I played Chaos on Normal, taking time to pick up the seaman's hat, pick up resources...
by Charles J Lee
09 Jul 2007, 16:44
Topic: Which way do you take your favorite heroes???
Replies: 13
Views: 4220

how do you 'train' heroes the way you want?

Gravyluvr, I'm kinda surprised that you actually have a 'choice' on how to train your heroes. Getting a General or Warlord from, say, a Lord or Barbarian isn't hard. But most specializations are a pain to get. Even when I play Gauldoth, for some reason the AI just won't give me Nature skills. I actu...
by Charles J Lee
09 Jul 2007, 16:28
Topic: Draconic walkthrough
Replies: 7
Views: 7885

Is Draconic that fun?

I've played most of the best user-made scenarios on H4. But Draconic stumps me. I'm finding it fairly ok on Advanced, but it's a huge map and there doesn't seem to be any storyline. Am I doing something 'wrong'? NWCPrometheus reveals a beautiful map, but it feels very boring. If anyone has played Ch...

Go to advanced search