Search found 14 matches

by Yazman
09 Nov 2011, 06:27
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 94962

... Everyone already knows it's my opinion... Which you are not trying to imply in any way on everybody here? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but like you said, it's just an opinion, everybody ALREADY KNOWS THAT BECAUSE I'M THE ONE WHO SAID IT! Your opinion isn't in danger of being mon...
by Yazman
07 Nov 2011, 06:31

^ Your opinion. :) This has got to be the most worthless, pointless post I've seen on these forums in a long time. Trying to validate your taste by reminding me that I only speak for myself, as if your opinion was in danger of being monopolised by mine. Everyone already knows it's my opinion by vir...
by Yazman
02 Nov 2011, 11:41

LOTR-esque? :| Now, don't get me wrong here -case for the most part I didn't particualy like H5 design - but there was nothing LOTR-esque about it. Also, people throw the word "generic" around like crazy...and most often completely wrong. Personally the "nature" town I liked hte...
by Yazman
26 Oct 2011, 10:02
Topic: Pronunciation of "Igor"
Replies: 20
Views: 15141

I doubt it. Names should be pronounced the same way as in their language of origin. (For example, Mukao is pronounced Moo-kah-o, even though if it was an English name, it would be pronounced Mew-kei-o). The translation of the English and German initial H as G is a historical Russian translation tra...
by Yazman
26 Oct 2011, 09:55

Overall I'm very happy with Heroes VI. After the astounding piece of **** that Heroes V was, Heroes VI, while not perfect, is a huge breath of fresh air. From the stupid cliched, LOTR-esque generic towns of Heroes V LOTR-esque? :| Now, don't get me wrong here -case for the most part I didn't partic...
by Yazman
20 Oct 2011, 10:43
Topic: HOMM6 modding?
Replies: 8
Views: 5522

I think alternative upgrades are pretty cool. However they are poorly executed. Most of time one choice is obviously better than the other. That said, I think there will quite a bit of modding in this game. It just takes time. I hated them. There were far too many units in the game and it made thin...
by Yazman
20 Oct 2011, 10:41
Topic: Finished Sanctuary campaign (Bugs, impression, and spoilers)
Replies: 13
Views: 8601

I finished it, I thought it was pretty good overall. Changbo turned out to be really useful to have around! Did you keep him or kill him? As I choose Blood path before I fought with him, I could only kill him and released Katashi. There was no Tear choise for Changbo. And I can't obtain Silksword o...
by Yazman
20 Oct 2011, 10:40

I also think it's funny that he talks about Night of the Living Dead. Yes they call them "ghouls" in that film, but they are and have always been zombies - Romero has said in interviews that he didn't want to call them zombies because he was changing the paradigm so much that he wasn't sur...
by Yazman
20 Oct 2011, 10:11
Topic: HOMM6 modding?
Replies: 8
Views: 5522

Maps? Your'e thinking msall.. I'm thinking re-balanced. New units. New units..? You mean new towns? They're going to add that. Otherwise I don't see how there can be more units, unless you're talking about more neutral units. Or the dreaded "alternate upgrades" like H5 had, which imo was ...
by Yazman
20 Oct 2011, 10:09
Topic: Heroes 6 wish list
Replies: 39
Views: 22992

Alternate upg creatures in expansion packs - as in H5. But PROPERLY balanced! God no. This was one of the things i hated the most about Heroes 5. It just became this ridiculous clusterfuck with billions of different units. I don't mind alternate units if it's done like H4, but then H4 didn't have u...
by Yazman
20 Oct 2011, 10:06
Topic: All this "i m not happy with the game" - h6 is awe
Views: 8826

I agree, it's awesome so far :D

The only thing I don't like is how when you recruit units from one town, it gets them from EVERY town. Is there a way to switch that off? It makes it a pain in the ass to manage multiple heroes in different towns.
by Yazman
20 Oct 2011, 10:05
Topic: data5.orc
Replies: 1
Views: 1749

It's a pretty big file (814mb). Do you have the non-Steam version or something?
by Yazman
20 Oct 2011, 10:03
Topic: Finished Sanctuary campaign (Bugs, impression, and spoilers)
Views: 8601

I finished it, I thought it was pretty good overall. Changbo turned out to be really useful to have around! Did you keep him or kill him?

I am actually enjoying the campaigns.
by Yazman
20 Oct 2011, 09:59

Overall I'm very happy with Heroes VI. After the astounding piece of shit that Heroes V was, Heroes VI, while not perfect, is a huge breath of fresh air. From the stupid cliched, LOTR-esque generic towns of Heroes V - where dungeon were almost entirely dark elves, nature almost entirely wood elves, ...

Go to advanced search