Search found 181 matches

by Grail Quest
26 Aug 2009, 06:01
Forum: Articles
Topic: Final Walkthroughs Completed
Replies: 44
Views: 20637

Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Dark

A relaxing campaign on Normal--I saved the Assassins and with them plus the initial Academy troops I took down with me to the Dungeon level, I won the map. There's an interesting opportunity to go for the Ultimate or at least set up enough skills for it: Because on Normal the AI builds slowly. Once ...
by Grail Quest
25 Aug 2009, 19:28

CJLee - I can understand your frustrations. I quit playing on Heroic after Raelag's Dungeon campaigns in the original campaign. The problem with Heroic is that it really is UNTESTED. I can't remember where I read it, but the devs openly said they didn't test it to see if it were beatable. Kudos to a...
by Grail Quest
25 Aug 2009, 19:25

I played till week 3 on Normal when I restarted. Why? The academy town was too far, so I decided to switch to using Dungeon and rolled back the game. But main reason -- on Normal, you get to keep the 100 Assassins! Here's how: Move them to a mule hero. This triggers an attack against Zehir immediate...
by Grail Quest
25 Aug 2009, 19:20
Topic: The Triumvirate
Replies: 43
Views: 34336

The Triumvirate

By "use up", I mean to not worry about losses, or if you encounter too many unavoidable losses (not everyone will have a light-magic resurrection build, even though it's a strong tactical choice). Eventually the forces will be too small to be of any good, in which case you'd swap them out ...
by Grail Quest
23 Aug 2009, 18:05
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One
Replies: 90
Views: 42698

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One

This is a very irritating mission because it is so boring -- on Normal, anyway. Gotai's missions 1 and 3 are rush rush rush. It seems that Kujin's mission is the long drawn-out one to let you properly play around with Stronghold units. On normal, everything is mostly passive. If you wait too long, T...
by Grail Quest
22 Aug 2009, 16:01
Topic: The Triumvirate
Replies: 43
Views: 34336

The Triumvirate

Aynako: What version are you playing with? In my game, I rushed and got all the cities before freeing Godric. You're not supposed to do that because you're not supposed to be able to clear the garrisons that early and without help. I think the map-builder's idea is to get Godric, which also gets you...
by Grail Quest
21 Aug 2009, 05:04
Topic: To Honor Our Fathers Walkthrough
Replies: 12
Views: 7692

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Coll

Following Kragh is a good strategy. Not picking up too many resources is also worth considering. You really need only about 5000 to 6500 gold (if you want to buy the ballista at the war machine factory). On normal, Kragh was actually unable to win because between the two of us, we cleared all Red Ha...
by Grail Quest
18 Aug 2009, 08:23
Topic: Tribes of the East ￾¨ Will of Asha ￾¨ Heart of D
Replies: 56
Views: 28143

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → Heart of Dar

I wonder if this could work: Rush the final garrison to get the instructions on how to lower the barrier. Drop the barrier and trigger Orlando. If his army is calculated at that time based on your army and/or date, then you are set. Clear the rest of the map at your leisure because Orlando is in a H...
by Grail Quest
15 Aug 2009, 15:01
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Where is the best version of H3 campaigns for H5
Replies: 0
Views: 1934

Where is the best version of H3 campaigns for H5

I'm still finishing up Tribes of the East, so I haven't really looked too closely at custom maps.
I'm wondering who's got the best version of maps that duplicate the Heroes III campaigns in Heroes V.
by Grail Quest
15 Aug 2009, 09:45
Topic: Will of Asha Campaign Done
Replies: 34
Views: 16538

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → Beasts and B

At the first yellow orc hero you encounter, there should be a stack of dragons nearby guarding a wimpy artifact. Here's a cute trick to try: (1) Give one hero wimpy troops to take the mines. Charge west with the other, but raise NO creatures until you get to the dragons. With the undead set that giv...
by Grail Quest
06 Aug 2009, 04:08
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Decoupling
Replies: 22
Views: 12478

Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Decoupling

Forgot to say: Tor Hrall was taken on Month 2, Week 2, Day 5. Duncan was still toughing out the siege.
by Grail Quest
06 Aug 2009, 03:52

Re-played the mission, and here's an alternate run: (1) Beeline Ylaya for Inferno town B (north). Keep rushing her to take all the Inferno towns. With no logistics, you can get them by week 2 day 1. The southeast town has a capital, so don't build one yourself. (2) When you take the first Inferno to...
by Grail Quest
05 Aug 2009, 06:15

Playing on Heroic and using the ToE mod. Have a Destruction/Dark Ylaya build. Should have gone for the Ultimate instead of Ignite as most battles involving Warlocks are short, but oh well. I had Ylaya clear the way for Isabel to come within sight of Horncrest, then double back to clear Orange Infern...
by Grail Quest
03 Aug 2009, 18:02
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons
Replies: 24
Views: 20984

Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → Dragons

It's worthwhile flagging mines and parking a hero near any of the trading posts. On week 5, day 7, Isabel ferried from the town my final hires: 150 Assassins, 155 Blood Furies, 60 Hydras, 48 Shadow Witches, 27 Black Dragons. I couldn't find the Dragon Wing Tabard, so I swapped out for the Dwarf Arti...
by Grail Quest
03 Aug 2009, 17:07

On normal, both Raelag and Isabel start at level 25 and can only gain one level, so use Isabel as a mule and have Ylaya do all the fighting. Isabel can level-cap at the Sylanna's ancient. I took the Arena area to flag the dragon dwelling then headed up, and met the dragons on week 5, day 4. Thralsai...
by Grail Quest
03 Aug 2009, 16:55

Of incredible use at the start of this mission is Scholar, even if you get it on a hired hero. You can update everyone with spells, especially Town Portal. On Normal, the enemy heroes ignore everyone and everything and go straight first for their rendezvous and army-joining point, then for the town....
by Grail Quest
31 Jul 2009, 18:58
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Break
Replies: 6
Views: 8133

Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Break

The freebie units you get are so good in this scenario that, IMO, the best spell you can have going in is ANIMATE DEAD. If you get some lucky joins, or if you can hit the Skeleton obelisk or Ghost towers, or even just have a stack of damage-soaking zombies join you, you can pass the nastier stacks w...
by Grail Quest
31 Jul 2009, 18:58
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Break
Replies: 6
Views: 8133

Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Break

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/680
by Grail Quest
31 Jul 2009, 17:11
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Spy
Replies: 25
Views: 17044

Hammers of Fate ¡÷ Ylaya's Quest ¡÷ The Spy

Should have indicated the link for the H5/HoF in Toe mod -- it is at this French site, but there is an English page: http://www.heroes-fr.com/en/original_campaigns.php
by Grail Quest
31 Jul 2009, 17:08
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Ylaya's Quest → The Spy
Replies: 25
Views: 17044

Hammers of Fate ¡÷ Ylaya's Quest ¡÷ The Spy

The bonus for the Seer Quest is HUGE on Heroic. BUT -- if you are playing the ToE mod that allows you to play H5 and HoF campaigns in ToE, the quest is broken. When you visit the Seer's Hut, you get no new quest, and if you look at the console, it indicates there was an error message. Visiting each ...

Go to advanced search