Search found 15 matches

by gmars3yp
27 Jul 2009, 00:42
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Copying & Pasting Maps
Replies: 2
Views: 2108

Your help is appreciated Franzy, but alas I am only interested in Heroes II and III editors. Thanks though.
by gmars3yp
06 Jul 2009, 01:01
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Copying & Pasting Maps
Replies: 2
Views: 2108

Copying & Pasting Maps

For a long while I have lamented the distinct lack of any feature in the Heroes II & III map editors allowing one to copy portions of one map and paste them into another. The ability to do this would open up several avenues for interest map making. One such avenue is the ability to create random...
by gmars3yp
06 Jul 2009, 00:44
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Back to HII
Replies: 33
Views: 10135

Heroes II is my favorite game of all time, but I rarely get to play against human opponents anymore since so few people play it these days. I would love to play against anyone online. Do people still play via Hamachi, or is there an easier way? I would be up for a game with multiple human players as...
by gmars3yp
12 Aug 2007, 18:02
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic II Mod
Replies: 309
Views: 255765

Sounds good to me; I'd be up for that. Heck, even if I got my butt kicked it'd be a fun game of heroes, so it's win win.
by gmars3yp
07 Aug 2007, 05:43

Hehehe, I don't know what you "tried out." I never outlined a strategy to get a green tower, I just showed that the raw stats make it quite possible. If you weren't able to pull it off, well.. sorry. I've always been able to get a green tower on week two on Dragon Wars. I haven't played Mo...
by gmars3yp
06 Aug 2007, 23:38

You're making some pretty bold statements about balance that goes contrary to just about every fact as well as the manual's opinion of the factions. Please back up the following statements, assuming you're not playing in Easy or Normal difficulty: The manual wants to portray the game as being well ...
by gmars3yp
06 Aug 2007, 05:36
Topic: A Different H-IV Vista Question
Replies: 5
Views: 2050

What about Heroes II? Does anyone know if that will run under Vista?
by gmars3yp
06 Aug 2007, 05:34
Topic: Replacing HOMM2 exp. music with original
Replies: 11
Views: 6806

I ripped the CD music using Windows Media, but the damn thing identified it as some hip hop "artist" named lil' rob. :| Haha, Yes! It did the same thing to me, I hate that! also, unrelated..but has anyone noticed HoMM 2 music on TV within the past year or 2..it's odd usually its on news p...
by gmars3yp
06 Aug 2007, 05:24

Of course 1 week's troops worth of Warlock's or Wizard's troops would beat one week's worth of Knight's or Barbarian's troops. But that's an extraordinarily naive analysis. Knight and Barbarian are the rush factions; Wizard and Warlock are the late-game factions. A Knight or Barbarian player will n...
by gmars3yp
04 Aug 2007, 13:09
Topic: Is this cheating? H2
Replies: 36
Views: 10392

No way I would consider it even close to cheating, or even cheap. I’d call it clever strategy and good creative thinking. It's thinking outside the box - that's exactly the kind of stuff that differentiates a mediocre player from a good one. Anyone can learn to accrue resources, recruit troops, and ...
by gmars3yp
04 Aug 2007, 12:50
Topic: Back to HII
Replies: 33
Views: 10135

I was telling a friend about hamachi earlier today and when he tried to join the Celestial Heavens network to play it said it was full? Strange! We created a new network to play, but has this ever happened to anyone else?

PS - I love Heroes 2, I'll play anyone if they want!
by gmars3yp
04 Aug 2007, 12:06

Hey, I play Heroes 2 whenever I can find someone to play! Send me an email or look for me on the Celestial Heavens - HoMM 2 hamachi network! As for power discrepancies... Yikes!! Poor barbarians and knights are so much weaker! Even if you take magic out of the equation entirely and just look at crea...
by gmars3yp
04 Aug 2007, 10:17
Topic: H2: differences between vs AI and vs Human
Replies: 3
Views: 2352

I agree with Pitsu. The greatest difference in playing a human as oppose to the computer (aside from the overwhelming distinction in difficulty) is that there are no second chances; no autosave! This means that one must carefully consider every risk and every move. The next biggest difference is tha...
by gmars3yp
10 Jun 2007, 00:09
Topic: Heroes II Game...
Replies: 9
Views: 3198

Hey, thanks so much! :D I just installed it and even played a game! It was great. Your help is much appreciated.
by gmars3yp
09 Jun 2007, 08:42
Topic: Heroes II Game...
Replies: 9
Views: 3198

Heroes II Game...

Hey all, I'm a looong time Heroes fan who still loves to play Heroes II & III. What's the chance that I might be able to find & play via the internet someone here in Heroes II? I rarely ever play because it's so hard to find anyone who still plays these old games. Thanks.

Go to advanced search