Search found 33 matches

by qiox
Dec 15 2011, 23:47
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Patch 1.2 release notes
Replies: 2
Views: 1651

Patch 1.2 release notes

As posted on Facebook: Hello Heroes, we’d like to thank you for the feedback you have been giving us since the release of the game. Your reports and posts were very helpful for our understanding of technical issues. The patch 1.2 will be released on December 20th. You can find below release notes o...
by qiox
Dec 4 2011, 5:44
Topic: blood and tears reputation explanation
Replies: 14
Views: 6956

It's also important to look at all the spells. The one's with a white border/background will be enhanced when you upgrade tears. The one's with a red border/background will be enhanced when you upgrade blood. The one's without white or red, they are just grey, are not effected by your blood or tears...
by qiox
Nov 20 2011, 4:20
Topic: Campaign missions' scripted army
Replies: 2
Views: 1375

It's not unlimited. For example, on day 1 with some maps the AI is given 440,000 gold and 1,400 of each unit to buy. From there, they have normal income and unit growth.

So theoretically, you could eventual starve them out of that starting boost by killing their main hero several times.
by qiox
Nov 9 2011, 13:17
Topic: Inferno campaign
Replies: 10
Views: 3610

After seeing lots of people commenting about having trouble with that 1st mission I put up a Youtube play through. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlRRNK1bz6E I did it on hard, with the default might hero using no dynasty weapon and no dynasty perks. I did it that way to show that it can be easily be...
by qiox
Nov 4 2011, 16:48
Topic: Ubisoft, piracy, and the death of reason
Replies: 8
Views: 3797

Ubisoft's anti-piracy efforts are a total failure. A working version of Heroes 6 was available on .. that peer-to-peer web site .. the same day it was released.

I bought the game anyway.
by qiox
Nov 3 2011, 21:31
Topic: Feat/Spell/Skill Testimony
Replies: 42
Views: 15851

Ice Bolt is puny damage if you don't make any effort to make it good. On the other hand, if you focus on high spell power and blood rep, Ice Bolt will be doing 1700+ damage a shot on day 1 of the final map of any of the campaigns. For just 15 spell points that's plenty of damage. Luck at high levels...
by qiox
Nov 3 2011, 0:29
Topic: Siege battles need work
Replies: 13
Views: 3478

Re: Siege battles need work

We all have a good idea about a glorious siege battle: (1) Shoot-outs (2) Catapults finally make openings on the wall (3) Melee troops rushing in (4) Fierce street fights I am only in the 3rd map of the campaigns, but I already noticed that the above never happened. I doubt Black Hole really tested...
by qiox
Nov 2 2011, 20:41
Topic: Thoughts on the final campaign
Replies: 4
Views: 2087

It's a known issue. If you created any custom heroes to do any of the faction campaigns, you won't be able to do the final campaign. If you delete the custom heroes you will then be able to do the final campaign. However the campaign the deleted hero completed will no longer be considered complete. ...
by qiox
Oct 31 2011, 17:37
Topic: Deleting campaign progress?
Replies: 9
Views: 5436

I think it's the haven map with the graveyards you flag. From your 1st town you go in a U shape to the left to get to a gate to the underground. Just north of that gate (above ground) is a Dynasty weapon that is sometimes there, sometimes not. I'm pretty sure that's the spot. But that's just a guess.
by qiox
Oct 31 2011, 2:13

Actually, in my picture you can see that I have that weapon from the griffin quest. The bug is a general one that can affect all weapons. You can avoid the way I described in my previous post.

And yes that thread you linked was the one.
by qiox
Oct 30 2011, 16:53

Ok well there is a known issue talked about on the official Ubisoft forums. The way you guarantee the weapon will be there is that when you 1st loot it, equip it, earn some xp, then save your game. Getting some xp on the weapon and saving your game guarantees you won't be hit with the bug that makes...
by qiox
Oct 30 2011, 16:03

When you pickup a Dynasty Weapon in a mission, you have that weapon forever. When you start a map, any map (campaign or not) with any hero, you can go into your inventory on day 1 and load any of the dynasty weapons that you have ever looted before on any hero. Ell1e was not talking about going to t...
by qiox
Oct 30 2011, 3:30
Topic: Wow, this game is rediculously hard
Replies: 20
Views: 8134

Once you have the 2nd town and see that there's 2 directions the AI can approach from your #1 priority is getting Advanced Town Portal in that town. Do not wander away until you do. It's 10 crystals but I hope you have noticed that gold is very easy to come by in this game. Trade gold for crystals. ...
by qiox
Oct 29 2011, 1:51

Turtling is very bad in general. I find success by rushing forward. And you say you don't know the maps, well there is something you can do to help with that. Use your saves for taking exploratory turns. You come to an intersection, just run down one branch for 2 or 3 turns or until your progress is...
by qiox
Oct 28 2011, 23:49

Most comments I see call the necro campaign the easiest of the factions because of the free heal they get as their faction ability. No other faction gets that, and they also have a healing unit, where only 2 other factions have that. You do have a tanking ability. Take the skill Rush. Cast it on the...
by qiox
Oct 27 2011, 15:58
Topic: Bugs
Replies: 121
Views: 29751

Did you get the fragment on the island in the water on south edge of the map?

Has anyone been able to play the Final Campaign? When I click the + to select a hero I get a "Program not responding" message from Windows and have to shut it down.
by qiox
Oct 27 2011, 11:46
Topic: All this "i m not happy with the game" - h6 is awe
Replies: 13
Views: 4983

I hate the reduction in resource types. It really reduces the amount of decision making involved in building your town. And it also gives less options when designing a map. Once you give the player wood/ore/crystal mines, that's it, his whole town will be built. I hate the zones of control auto flag...
by qiox
Oct 27 2011, 9:44
Topic: Inferno 1: Am I missing something obvious? (Spoilers)
Replies: 7
Views: 4962

After seeing many people on the official forums complaining about this mission I decided to put up a Youtube video of me playing through it on hard. It is all uploaded now. Part 1 is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlRRNK1bz6E&feature=related Note: After part 6 (of 7) is a few weeks I did n...
by qiox
Oct 26 2011, 10:04
Topic: Blood or Tears path?
Replies: 16
Views: 13195

In each case I decided based on what abilities I would get as I leveled it up. And I didn't use the default hero in any of the campaigns. Off the top of my head, I think I went blood once (stronghold) and tears all the other times. That's out of doing necro and inferno campaigns twice and the others...
by qiox
Oct 26 2011, 3:49
Topic: Hero Abilities - What do they do?
Replies: 3
Views: 4054

Leadership is your morale. High morale increases the chance that unit will get a to take 2 turns in a row during combat. Destiny is your luck. High luck increases the chance of what is essentially a critical hit that does extra damage. Magic Power (dark) increases the effectiveness of dark spells, l...

Go to advanced search