Search found 24 matches

by Larec
25 Jul 2022, 01:10
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]
Replies: 8299
Views: 7135589

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

WOW, can't believe someone managed to do this. Impressive. Going to download it and see how it is. Many thanks to all the programmers involved and those who gave their time to this project.
by Larec
15 May 2013, 09:35
Topic: Might and Magic X
Replies: 258
Views: 145047

Re: Might and Magic X

So, Everyone! What is the thing you're most anticipated about Might and Magic X? Personally I don't think I will bother buying the game as I only like the HoMM III and Might and Magic 6-8 (enroth-Erathia- Antagaritch) Because I find the games by Ubisoft is just boring and I don't like it Is this th...
by Larec
15 Jun 2011, 19:53
Topic: What Will LOE's Fate Be?
Replies: 17
Views: 6358

Why would you ask the question? Seems to me you already know the answer.....
by Larec
12 Mar 2008, 04:32
Topic: Favourite/Least favourite dungeon?
Replies: 83
Views: 27848

Female vampires? You got it wrong - there are MALE VAMPIRES (the strongest can drain all your mana) and FEMALE NECROMANCERS (the strongest can cast Dragon Breath). Necros are not undead themselves and as such immune to Destroy Undead. They have no instant kill spell. They can cast Dragon Breath, Sh...
by Larec
08 Mar 2008, 23:56

At level 35ish, two characters who are both using Destroy Undead can easily make short work of every single enemy in there except Necromancers. Destroy Undead is absolutely ridiculously powerful, instant, and cheap to cast. Essential vs Liches. As for the goth chicks :devil: , they can be rushed wi...
by Larec
08 Mar 2008, 12:40
Topic: MM7: most useful Misc. Skill
Replies: 28
Views: 13758

I would say Repair. I appoint my knight as the standard repair jobber. Next to that, I'd say Disarm Trap, for obvious reasons. True, you can make hardening potions, but like the other guy said, relics will always break. Plus with a GM Repair Knight, you don't even have to build up alchemy (I didn't ...
by Larec
08 Mar 2008, 12:26

I've only gone through 3,4,5,6 and 7. With that in mind, my top five LEAST favorite dungeons in ascending order: 5: Dragon Cave (M&M4) The cave itself isn't so bad...as long as you enter via the "Count Du Money" warp. Why? Because if you enter the "standard way" through the n...
by Larec
08 Mar 2008, 05:29
Topic: Why do I keep playing M&M?
Replies: 15
Views: 7277

I'm the same way, I mean as far as "going back" to M&M is concerned. Recently, I just went through M&M7 again, then decided to go and play world of Xeen again. So, after a week of playing I've killed Xeen and I took my characters into Darkside and I'm almost through finishing that....
by Larec
26 Jan 2008, 07:35
Topic: Old M&M videos
Replies: 11
Views: 5038

http://www.stage6.com/user/DaveO_MM/ is for the longer M&M videos. I made very short videos on recommended parties on the YouTube site. Due to length of most places, don't expect to see many YouTube videos. Stage6 is not as limited on time and size of videos. Hmmmm, I never knew about this site...
by Larec
26 Jan 2008, 07:30
Topic: M&M 7: Walls of Mist (Help Needed)
Replies: 10
Views: 6476

M&M 7: Walls of Mist (Help Needed)

I recently picked this game back up again. I stopped because my light-side party (In their low 20's, level wise) are stuck in the walls of mist in Celeste. They say I can't kill anything there or I fail the "test", yet I can't seem to make it through even a few second without attacking, be...
by Larec
18 May 2007, 07:37
Topic: M and M 7, how did you get through the game?
Replies: 25
Views: 7782

WHAT! so u never even bothered, even though theres a almost whole story line left to play! U so crazy :disagree: I can't be evil in RPGs either. I've tried. Many times. I even joined a PvP guild in Ultima Online once to try and "train" myself, but I'm too much of a wuss behind the monitor...
by Larec
18 May 2007, 07:22
Topic: Might and Magic X, Ideas and Suggestions
Replies: 76
Views: 52002

Kareeah Indaga, In answer to your question about Baldur's Gate, the characters are memorable because they react to other party members in certain ways. I really don't want to spoil the party interaction too much, but I can state that specific party members will react towards another member in a spe...
by Larec
14 May 2007, 09:04
Topic: Might and Magic X, Ideas and Suggestions
Replies: 76
Views: 52002

Ok. I looked over the replies, and honestly think that races and classes are irrelevant. What's important is the STORY, and I'm amazed that nobody has made many suggestions. So IF I had a say, here are a few a the things that I think will be good ideas: 1. Good and evil outcomes just like in MM7 2....
by Larec
14 May 2007, 08:51
Topic: MM6 troubles in Windows XP!
Replies: 5
Views: 3175

I had the same problem, but after testing it out realized it wasn't really those two things crashing it, it was certain sound files being played. Like when I died from magic attack, the sound of the magic fireballs hitting me would loop and cause a crash. And when I entered Ironfist castle, I would ...
by Larec
11 May 2007, 04:28
Topic: Post your savegames! (MM1 through MM8) :-)
Views: 7053

Hey, I want you to judge my Might & Magic 3, Isles of Terra End save. I hadn't played this game in many years, but managed to get a new high score (for me) A little over 1 billion points: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpZvZ1AwZHw Also, if you want to check to see if it's legit (I didn't cheat, ...
by Larec
11 May 2007, 04:00
Topic: help m&m 4/5 xp fix?
Views: 6970

Once upon a time, Larec said: ALSO, I HIGHLY recommend you run this game in the CVS version of dosbox, since vanilla dosbox sucks rocks. Seriously. On a whim, I decided to give the CVS DosBox link a try. Is it my imagination, or is the music emulation much better? I tried Elder Scrolls Arena as wel...
by Larec
06 May 2007, 10:11
Topic: Ancient M&M Player returns, and has two questions.
Replies: 9
Views: 5333

I will admit that, on my youtube channel (where I do a lot of Daggerfall videos, among other dos classics) I get a lot of people asking for Daggerfall. I used to direct them to a place I set up on a public server (Not a torrent) that had the game, dosbox, and a conf file all ready to go...but people...
by Larec
06 May 2007, 09:57
Topic: help m&m 4/5 xp fix?
Views: 6970

Want me to post my Dosbox .conf file for you? I have ALL the dos era M&M games running in dosbox with their own custom .conf files. (Just recorded a M&M 3 video of the Wildabar cavern for my youtube channel) Here is my conf file I use in dosbox for M&M4/5: http://mysite.verizon.net/darkf...
by Larec
05 May 2007, 06:26
Topic: Post your savegames! (MM1 through MM8) :-)
Views: 7053

I updated my save game file. spent my friday night grinding like mad. Cleared out two more quest dungoens, wrapped up the last 3 council quests, and hit the Shrine of the Gods. ;) check out those guys now!!! Still wish I had seen this board firts and mage a Archer/Cleric/Druid/Sorc party. That would...
by Larec
05 May 2007, 06:19
Topic: Party based cRPGs?
Replies: 25
Views: 11717

The more characters AT START, the better. That's why I prefer the old M&M games. You could create 6 from the get-go, then recruit two combat NPCs who didn't just modify stats...they fought. Wizardry 8 was fun because of its large parties. You could make six, and grab two more npcs later on. 8 is...

Go to advanced search