Search found 13 matches

by Lyanne
21 Nov 2007, 03:14
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MMVII Bounty Hunting
Replies: 9
Views: 6098

Re: Ethric and Q

Hmmm...now that you mention it, I seem to recall fullfilling a Lich bounty hunt by killing Ethric. It was several years ago, so I can't be sure, but I think that was the case. That's a great idea about getting a peasant bounty by going after Q. He's the only "peasant" that I would consider...
by Lyanne
20 Nov 2007, 02:23
Topic: Favorite Weapon Skill
Replies: 28
Views: 9863

Weapons

Well, I voted for mace, because they are such perfect weapons for a Paladin or a Cleric, but it really depends on the character class, doesn't it? For a Sorcerer, I usually go for double daggers, and for a Knight, double swords. My Archers get bows and axes, as they can't equip a shield anyway, and ...
by Lyanne
20 Nov 2007, 02:11

Re: Boulder Bounty Hunt

Yes, I did notice that about the Boulders in MM8. I had a boulder bounty once, and dispatched several Boulders of various size, but it didn't grant me the bounty, so I guess I didn't get the one they wanted. Very confusing! As for the peasants, I have never accepted a bounty quest for them, as it se...
by Lyanne
19 Nov 2007, 20:38

Re: Bounty Hunting

Yes, it worked perfectly. I had my doubts when I set it up. As you say, I wasn't sure the game would recognize Wromthrax as a blue dragon, but it did (and he certainly is - lol). I had noticed previously that the Goblin Leader of the invasion was recognized as a Goblin Lord when I had that bounty, e...
by Lyanne
18 Nov 2007, 20:39

MMVII Bounty Hunting

I have played all the MM games many times, but each time I try to do things differently, and usually I manage to uncover things in the games that I never noticed or experienced before. I am currently playing a "Duo" game with a Goblin Sorcerer and a Goblin Cleric (bizarre, I know, but that...
by Lyanne
20 May 2007, 01:48
Topic: Choosing Factions in MM8
Replies: 19
Views: 10282

MM8 Affiliations

I've played all possibile variations, but now I always ally with the Dragons, as I cannot bear to watch the brutal cut scene if I were to ally with the Dragon Hunters. Also, I usually ally with the Necromancers, as I am convinced the Clerics of the Sun are corrupt. Have you ever noticed how well-hee...
by Lyanne
17 May 2007, 21:17
Topic: MM7: Good vs Evil?
Replies: 25
Views: 12389

Re: Good, Evil or Neutral

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I figured out what happened. I was signed in, as it automatically does that when I come here, but I think I might have voted previously after I first joined, only I didn't post a comment at the time. Today I thought it was a new poll, but the forum was smarter ...
by Lyanne
17 May 2007, 19:26
Topic: MM7: Good vs Evil?
Replies: 25
Views: 12389

Re: Good, Evil or Neutral

Hmm...I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it won't let me vote in the poll. It's just as well, as I don't really have an answer. What I have done in the past is develop my party to the point where I must make a choice, save my game, and then take the party through both paths to the ends. This is...
by Lyanne
01 May 2007, 20:37
Topic: Might and Magic: Where to Start?
Replies: 47
Views: 12328

Re: MMVII controls

Congratulations on starting your first MM game! VII is a great game that has everything an rpg should. Order isn't important, so you can always play VI later, when you find a copy. On the arrow keys -- On page that comes up when you save or load your game, you can also make some adjustments. Under c...
by Lyanne
29 Apr 2007, 21:44
Topic: Might and Magic: Where to Start?
Replies: 47
Views: 12328

Re: Where to Start

Well, of course my heart says MMI, because how else can you have the whole MM experience, if you don't start at the beginning? However, I & II are long and difficult, with unrewarding graphics. III is the start of pretty graphics to go along with the addictive gameplay. Unfortunately, I am only ...
by Lyanne
29 Apr 2007, 19:22
Topic: Help with party creation for MM7
Replies: 10
Views: 13372

Starting Party

One thing to be aware of with stats is that you get the benefit of the higher stat on the odd numbers up to 21 and then on the "round" numbers: 5/7/9/1/13/15/17/19/21/25/30/35/40/50/75/100 (IIRC). So you should try to distribute points with that in mind, and also take advantage of the char...
by Lyanne
26 Apr 2007, 01:58
Topic: Might and Magic from the 'Platinum Era'
Replies: 18
Views: 6582

Re: "The Platinum Age"

Thanks for the link to the interesting article. I have played and completed every Might & Magic game from I to IX, and I've enjoyed them all, and I consider each an advance from the one before (Oh, ok! Perhaps that's not true of IX, which IMO should not have been released. I still recall my amaz...
by Lyanne
26 Apr 2007, 01:10
Topic: Help with party creation for MM7
Replies: 10
Views: 13372

Creating a MMVII party

My favorite MMVII is Paladin/Archer/Cleric/Sorcerer. The Paladin isn't quite as tough as a Knight, but can cast clerical spells, and extra healing ability is handy early on. He can be built into an awesome warrior, and I generally give him sword as a weapon. Later on, he can wield a sword in each ha...

Go to advanced search