Search found 299 matches

by rdeford
07 Oct 2011, 11:47
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes VI is Gold
Replies: 27
Views: 12344

Heroes VI is Gold

@ Torur -- I too have enjoyed the Beta and I'm looking forward to the full release. @Marzhin -- If we preordered the digital edition, is there going to be a way we can get the boxed disk? @Jeff -- I do hope you get the campaign editor and that it is all you hoped for. I plan on making H6 maps as I d...
by rdeford
26 Sep 2011, 16:05
Topic: CH Contest #1: Win Prizes!
Replies: 22
Views: 8296

CH Contest #1: Win Prizes!

Sorry TT maybe I'm blind or something, but I can't see the question you are answering. Sounds interesting though.
by rdeford
22 Sep 2011, 00:00
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Win Stats
Replies: 6
Views: 5911

Win Stats

Yup, those icons show up on your Dynasty record, which I gather is for comparing your expertise as a player to other players. I presume that this will help you set up fair multiplayer games where you aren't over matched. There is probably more to it than this thought. I get the idea that your can pl...
by rdeford
05 Sep 2011, 16:31
Topic: Haven Fort Conversion
Replies: 6
Views: 3201

Haven Fort Conversion

Forts are a new thing with H6, and so far I like them. The taking, converting, and defending them adds a whole new dynamic to the game.
by rdeford
04 Sep 2011, 20:13
Topic: Heroes VI Demo Now Available
Replies: 78
Views: 29977

Heroes VI Demo Now Available

@ michiganjf at 2011-08-28 13:54 wrote: I have to say I'm disappointed by the hero skill sets. This whole post is fantastic! I've been playing for about 30 hours now and find that every point you make is right on target. I still like the game well enough to buy it, but I gotta hope Ubi and Black Hol...
by rdeford
01 Sep 2011, 15:44
Topic: Fan-made Music
Replies: 5
Views: 3518

Fan-made Music

Not bad, but I think that the tempo is a little too fast for the first part of the piece. It comes across as frantic instead of dramatic.

@ Skullmane: Yup, the volume shift at 0:50 is too much.
by rdeford
01 Sep 2011, 15:39
Topic: Public Beta Patch 1.4
Replies: 7
Views: 3138

Public Beta Patch 1.4

I'm downloading it as we speak so I've not yet tried it. Based on the release notes I think that this patch is a step in the right direction but not enough, so I agree with Pol. More importantly, I think this patch to the Beta bodes will for the future. The Black Hole crew seems much more responsive...
by rdeford
27 Aug 2011, 15:34

@Jerseys-- Yup. There is a switch available on the map creation screen to set how recruitment works during game play. What is cool about it is that if, for example, you get a new level 4 hero, you get to immediately "spend" the four points any way you desire to create a truly custom hero t...
by rdeford
27 Aug 2011, 09:57

I like this game more and more as I figure out more and more about how to play it. BTW, despite the complaints I am seeing on the forums, I am finding that the town portal in every town works just fine since there are enough limitations to keep it balanced. Same thing goes for recruiting all creatur...
by rdeford
27 Aug 2011, 03:00

Played one campaign map and two skirmish maps so far. I LOVE the wide open hero leveling up tree. I can really create a unique, custom hero without having luck-of-the-draw interfere.
by rdeford
23 Aug 2011, 16:42

Regarding corrupted file download: I thought I had this problem because my built-in XP archive utility said that the archive was corrupted. On a hunch, I tried WinRar and it was able to open and extract the files. Regarding the buy all creatures from all castles and forts from any castle or fort: I ...
by rdeford
04 Apr 2011, 15:44
Topic: The Snake
Replies: 14
Views: 6224

The Snake

I guess that I agree with theGryphon. Consistency greatly helps immersion, which I believe is critical to the enjoyment of gaming.
by rdeford
01 Apr 2011, 12:48
Topic: CH Downtime
Replies: 33
Views: 10417

CH Downtime

It's going to be hard to take this child's rubber toy thing seriously on the battlefield. I do hope that parcaleste is correct in saying it looks better in-game.
by rdeford
01 Apr 2011, 12:38
Topic: CH Creature Poll
Replies: 20
Views: 8526

CH Creature Poll

I too vote 4. Over the top? Maybe, but the art is there so I can accept this aspect. However, JSE raises a very valid point-- the excess embellishments and adornments will make it difficult to get the kind of immersion that has been a strong point in the original four games. Strategic value and uniq...
by rdeford
27 Mar 2011, 21:32
Topic: Neutral, Blood, Tear Heroes
Replies: 19
Views: 8752

Neutral, Blood, Tear Heroes

@ Jeff -- Agreed. I too would like to see female heroes that look like females, and I am NOT talking about nakedness.
by rdeford
07 Mar 2011, 23:13
Topic: Celestial Heavens Under New Management
Replies: 42
Views: 19661

Celestial Heavens Under New Management

Love all the good will shown be one and all.
Edited on Mon, Mar 07 2011, 18:13 by rdeford
by rdeford
07 Mar 2011, 23:09
Topic: Celestial Heavens Under New Management
Replies: 42
Views: 19661

Celestial Heavens Under New Management

First NWC, then 3DO, now this... I am sorry to see you go Angelspit. For me, you were always at the heart of the HOMM community embodying the best of its spirit and pointing the way. But I understand the call of family and The Real World. It takes balance. Kalah, thank you so much all you've done an...
by rdeford
07 Mar 2011, 15:03
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Editor tips for H5
Replies: 30
Views: 74935

Ummm i was wondering how do you open map editor in heroes 5? Go to your installation folder. Example path: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East Double-click H5_MapEditor.exe Also, read: HOMM5_Editor_Practical_Guide.pdf Example path: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Hero...
by rdeford
02 Mar 2011, 03:01
Forum: Articles
Topic: Heroes VI Preview
Replies: 5
Views: 1861

Heroes VI Preview

@ michiganjf -- Regarding: "On another point, I don't know why everyone always has to compare every new version of Heroes to previous versions... " I totally agree! As you say, most of already own H3. I want newer, better, and different, but based on the same underlying precepts: turn base...
by rdeford
02 Mar 2011, 02:51
Topic: Waterfalls Observatory
Replies: 17
Views: 5895

Waterfalls Observatory

I love this screen shot. Exploration to see new, fantastic places had always been about a third of the HOMM fun for me.

@ jeff -- agreed. However, you could get scenery comparable to this with the H5 editor, so I imagine that the H6 editor will do just fine.

Go to advanced search