Search found 87 matches

by grobblewobble
30 Dec 2012, 21:10
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: How often do you actually get combo artifacts?
Replies: 3
Views: 3534

For the record, the one time I found Cornucopia I didn't assemble it, but found it as a complete artifact somewhere.
by grobblewobble
30 Dec 2012, 14:00
Topic: How often do you actually get combo artifacts?
Views: 3534

How often do you actually get combo artifacts?

I wonder how often you guys manage to find complete combo artifacts in your heroes 3 games? I've been playing a few artifact rich maps lately and in some 8 - 10 games I got: 2 times lifeblood set 2 times armor of the damned (damn its good) 1 times cornucopia 1 times bow set 1 times wizards well 0 ti...
by grobblewobble
27 Dec 2012, 15:11
Topic: [Poll]Strongest town excluding Conflux
Replies: 73
Views: 35823

I meant unupgraded.
by grobblewobble
27 Dec 2012, 12:49
Topic: [Poll]Strongest town excluding Conflux
Replies: 73
Views: 35823

Noobs opinion here. Necropolis is the town I tend to perform best with in my single player games. Not even because of necromancy, really. It's the vampire lords. Their dwelling is easy to build in week 1 on impossible and they make fighting the map without losses easy. My favourite hero to hire for ...
by grobblewobble
27 Dec 2012, 12:39
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature
Replies: 170
Views: 81034

The wraith of course. Wraiths are the bomb. :devil:
by grobblewobble
27 Dec 2012, 12:35
Topic: Anti dragon formation for shooters
Replies: 2
Views: 2482

Anti dragon formation for shooters

Here is a little trick I use for fighting dragons with shooters if I have tactics. It's a special formation. The dragons can't make effective use of their breath attacks this way. It requires at least 3 strong walker stacks, and at least two of them need to be 1-hex. The 2-hex stack (griffins here) ...
by grobblewobble
03 Dec 2012, 12:29
Topic: Poison works on Skeletons?
Replies: 7
Views: 4815

If you have a hero with diplomacy then hit & surrender with ranged troops could probably work too?
by grobblewobble
01 Dec 2012, 21:17
Topic: Heroes 3: Favorite Druid
Replies: 33
Views: 20270

I liked Gem in H1 and H2 but this picture.. ugh. I think Elleshar is the only one I could play without feeling itches.
by grobblewobble
28 Nov 2012, 21:03
Topic: Anyone still interested in multiplayer, homm 1 or 2?
Views: 3461

Would you be up for just an online game? I wasn't that serious about playtesting either, I've played very little mp heroes.
by grobblewobble
27 Nov 2012, 08:35
Topic: Anyone still interested in multiplayer, homm 1 or 2?
Views: 3461

Anyone still interested in multiplayer, homm 1 or 2?

I heard UndeadHalfOrc made balance patches for both that still need to be tested? (Where can I find them?)

Anyone willing to kick my butt in multiplayer in the name of science? If playing without patches is preferred than that's fine with me too of course.
by grobblewobble
27 Nov 2012, 00:11
Topic: Heroes I: best high scores
Replies: 24
Views: 16236

I like the site, tons of info and the language is no problem with google translate. Indeed, that is amazing so far. You certainly will be faster than 120 days. Thanks! The mission against the warlock was fun, especially the final battle. Dimension door and the ultimate cloak of protection (located b...
by grobblewobble
23 Nov 2012, 00:59

Wow. That's awesome how you beat Two If By Sea and yes, I made the mistake of trying to build and defend my home town. Also great to know about the different movement items. Do you have a link to that Behemoths Cave site? About the campaign, I was trying to play it entirely without reloading, but in...
by grobblewobble
22 Nov 2012, 13:54

Thanks for the tips. I used only teleporters as you said. Is there a difference between the nomad boots and the travellers boots / true compass? I think there was something else wrong with my strategy, too. Maybe I should open a multiple front attack earlier. I was shocked to have the genies used th...
by grobblewobble
21 Nov 2012, 14:12

Wow... That's awesome. Imho Jolly Roger is wrongly ranked, though. The map "Two If By Sea" is much more difficult in my experience. And that map is officially ranked "rough" instead of "impossible".. I managed Jolly Roger on Expert before (though not as lightning fast a...
by grobblewobble
21 Nov 2012, 03:27
Topic: HOMM 1 - Camp map 8, King of the Hill - need help
Replies: 19
Views: 13362

Finished it again today as lord Ironfist. The last map took me two tries this time. On the second try I noticed that there was a warlock town nearby, to the west. So I put all resources toward building that up asap, investing very little in knight buildings or units at all. That worked very well. So...
by grobblewobble
12 Sep 2007, 06:21
Topic: Heroes 2 - problem winning the map "Revolution"
Replies: 28
Views: 26365

So far I started two of your maps, UndeadHalfOrc. The warlock and sorceress versions. I haven't finished either game yet, but these are my first impressions. With sorceress, the map seems nicely balanced. Unlike as necromancer, I was unable to raise level 6 dwellings very quickly, but the team of fa...
by grobblewobble
11 Sep 2007, 15:11
Topic: After-Action Reports
Replies: 43
Views: 15250

Ghosts are so much fun.
Yes, I sure missed the experience of being able to fight with ghosts. :-D
Oh that's a winner right there. Even without this event, I think you can cut a week off your time if you forget about Titans.
Thank you for the advice. Next time I will try a direct attack.
by grobblewobble
11 Sep 2007, 07:40

Ok, in that case I think I did just fine getting the Lab during the second week. Getting the Lab by day 7 depends on the availability of Magic Arrow and on the type of creature guarding the sulfur mine. I prefer not to restart if the conditions aren't perfect. Yes, restarting is a bit cheap. Still,...
by grobblewobble
11 Sep 2007, 07:04
Topic: After-Action Reports
Replies: 43
Views: 15250

I'm starting to think I can win this with nothing but Black Dragons. That's a general rule of H2, not an exception. Black dragons grow 900 HP a week, with top-level attack/defense and anti-magic. Once you have about five of them, in the hands of a competent knight or barbarian, you're almost invinc...
by grobblewobble
10 Sep 2007, 14:48

Did you need to capture any of the nearby mines in order to get the Lab by day 7? Short answer: only the sulfur mine. Long answer: Sandro disbanded his zombies for more movement and went north, to flag the wood mine and grab the loose piles of mercury. On day two I hired a second hero. Second hero ...

Go to advanced search