Search found 25 matches

by Alabaster
29 Nov 2007, 20:42
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Pointers for a newbie.
Replies: 12
Views: 4257

Reload anytime you make a mistake or take significant battle in a fight. Play with autocalculate on too. If the auto calculate goes bad you can always hit the replay button and try it yourself. The computer takes no damage from mobs, so he'll always have max troops. The game is only about getting a ...
by Alabaster
21 Nov 2007, 08:27
Topic: Divine Vengeance Attrition
Replies: 1
Views: 1528

Divine Vengeance Attrition

Anyone else notice that 3x3 is all about Divine Vengeance now? It's kind of like Armageddon in that it's devastating and doesn't really require any creativity to use. Your reward for doing well is your opponent flattens one of you best units? I get the flavor of the spell, just not sure I would have...
by Alabaster
21 Nov 2007, 08:18
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 259965

I was playing a 3x3 against the computer today. He raised a stack of shadow mistresses (the invisibility+ whip upgrade). They stayed invisible while attacking for all three rounds. Also, it is easy to find the invisible creatures with many placed spells or effects. Also, The tier 2 demon upgrades se...
by Alabaster
20 Nov 2007, 22:46
Forum: News
Topic: Another Five for Tribes
Replies: 44
Views: 11441

Another Five for Tribes

If you play on hard, the game DOES have to pretty much go perfectly. Also, there's really only one valid strategy: put all your creatures, artifacts, and experience into one super-hero, reload any time he takes significant losses, and take the enemy city before you get out-monied. If you delay too l...
by Alabaster
12 Nov 2007, 07:32
Topic: Stallers and Disconnecters
Replies: 0
Views: 1493

Stallers and Disconnecters

Here is a list of stallers and disconnecters that can't play fair in online duels. I may have misspelled a few names. Feel free to post other names here. Stallers (they walk away from the computer when non-dynamic and wait you out, for hours if need be) Officer-Henrith Noob-boon (hoon?) Disconnecter...
by Alabaster
08 Nov 2007, 22:57
Topic: Tote, Cyclops ability "Throw Goblin"
Replies: 4
Views: 3506

Your pointer will be an arrow like all shooters, assuming you have adjacent goblins.

Like all shooters, you wont have the arrow cursor if you have an adjacent enemy.
by Alabaster
07 Nov 2007, 22:57
Topic: Location for detailed info on new TotE abilities
Replies: 3
Views: 2282

the updated manual came with the game, it is in one of the folders.
by Alabaster
07 Nov 2007, 03:04
Topic: Let's set the standard for Custom Duels
Replies: 2
Views: 1363

The ranges are 10-15, 16-22, and 23-30?

I think most of the Presets are made on the 16-22 range.
by Alabaster
06 Nov 2007, 22:48
Topic: Let's set the standard for Custom Duels
Replies: 2
Views: 1363

Let's set the standard for Custom Duels

To follow up on another thread bit, what should we as a community make the "standard" point value for custom duels? Going for 30,000 certainly is fun in a gonzo sort of way, but it becomes an even bigger initiative coin flip. Which of the point ranges do you guys favor? The top range, 30,0...
by Alabaster
06 Nov 2007, 19:31
Topic: Heroes for windows vista
Replies: 10
Views: 4719

death to vista
by Alabaster
06 Nov 2007, 19:31
Topic: New Summoning Spells: What's the consensus?
Replies: 8
Views: 3581

So that's why it sometimes does nothing, it uses your mana, I hadn't noticed. Good to know. yeah, it could use it's own mana. Would be cute if it attacked anyone that attacked it as well.
by Alabaster
06 Nov 2007, 19:27
Topic: Windowed Mode?
Views: 7711

This has been one of my biggest gripes agaisnt HOMM5. It's a turn-based game; why the heck does it need to halt when running in the background. Most reflex-based games keep going to your play detrement, and this turn-based one with crazy long computyer turns, stops!? I can't win.
by Alabaster
06 Nov 2007, 02:05
Topic: New Summoning Spells: What's the consensus?
Views: 3581

I like that thematically, now a summoner can do what a summoner should: clutter the field up with objects. Arcane Crystal is growing on me. I didn't know it damaged walls; that's cool. It shuts down shooters (counts as an adjacent enemy), which is it's best use in my opinion. In 3x3 duel you can rea...
by Alabaster
06 Nov 2007, 01:55
Topic: Duel Editor??
Replies: 13
Views: 7205

I tried out the Anwen Imploding Rain of Arrows thing. It's pretty crazy. I just went for Treants and unicorns. Anwen does it all. The computer doesnt make it out of the first round. The only thing that can really stop it is an army custom made for that purpose, and that aint exactly fair. Lots of Ma...
by Alabaster
01 Nov 2007, 00:46

They should have labeled one of the point ranges as "tournament." I think if there was a semi-official feel to one of the ranges players would organize more custom matches. Or offer a custom channel. I plan to make some for the top range and start looking for players. The only thing I thin...
by Alabaster
01 Nov 2007, 00:40
Topic: Defeated hero does not appear in my tavern to re hire
Replies: 3
Views: 2087

I've been playing single player maps using dungeon (I love getting toasted apparently) and have been able to rebuy fleers. You probably already thought of this, but was the day the end of the week? Maybe a computer player bought them out? I've not seen your issue and single player's what I spend mos...
by Alabaster
29 Oct 2007, 07:37

You can make a pretty sick Jezabeth as well. Some main map stuff needs to be accounted for in duels. The randomness of treasure is one, though it's hard to imagine how. Spells should cost gold. Necro should get a reduction on low tier troops according to their Necromancy level, human training should...
by Alabaster
27 Oct 2007, 20:20
Topic: Widescreen problems
Replies: 1
Views: 1409

Widescreen problems

I recently bought a widescreen monitor. The background 3D is great, however the forground buttons and initiative bar and such are blurry with thick outlines. I've tried every resolution in the game options. Is this just part of the hit and miss of having a widescreen? Is my solution in the game? On ...
by Alabaster
24 Oct 2007, 01:07
Topic: Memory Mentor?
Replies: 14
Views: 9328

Has anyone seen this on a Randomly Generated map? Also, do you pay per skill? or once, and then you are flushed? So you could get worse offers the second time? Do you lose spells you dont have the mastery for? What if you do it again and re-get the Expert Destruction or whatever? Will the spell come...
by Alabaster
23 Oct 2007, 21:37
Topic: Memory Mentor?
Replies: 14
Views: 9328

Memory Mentor?

Can someone tell me where the memory menotr is to reset learned skills? Is it in all town? Part of a building? A thing out on the campaign map? I'm doing custom single player. If it is only out in the countryside, is it only on newer maps? Or is there just a button I am missing in the hero or town p...

Go to advanced search