Search found 22 matches

by RustedSorrow
20 Mar 2008, 17:36
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The best faction
Replies: 18
Views: 8821

The best faction

I am rather confused by this debate on which faction is the best. Are they really that well balanced?
by RustedSorrow
20 Mar 2008, 17:29
Topic: Whats your favorite skill?
Replies: 28
Views: 12469

Mark of the necromancer is my favorite. Unlimited mana is pretty handy. Btw, what's the opposite spell of confusion and mass confusion in the school of light magic. Divine Vengeance(or is meant to be the opposite of puppet master or frenzy?) I mean like suffering is the opposite of righteous might w...
by RustedSorrow
20 Mar 2008, 17:25
Topic: TOTE campagin help!!
Replies: 5
Views: 2414

Rolf's army doesen't grow in number. Try returning with more troops with Zehir to fight him.
by RustedSorrow
19 Mar 2008, 17:35
Topic: Factions Balance
Replies: 74
Views: 28439

I see the point Orkane is trying to make. A well balanced map negates the disadvantages faced by factions or rather I should say that 'certain factions face disadvantages because of unbalanced maps as they favor certain abilities and discourage novel builds.' But in the battle you provided the link ...
by RustedSorrow
17 Mar 2008, 11:37

Ok, I accept that example was according to a situation that would be very rare. There are thousands of possibilities: I agree with you on that as well. When I observe carefully, I do agree that demons are weaker. If a demon hero and a sylvan one go head to head having nearly the same stats and a ful...
by RustedSorrow
16 Mar 2008, 08:20

The first armageddon killed 2 of the 3 black dragons and the the third survived I think with 3-4 HP. The hero had expert sorcery so he managed to cast one more. It was suicide but an effective one.
by RustedSorrow
16 Mar 2008, 08:15
Topic: C2M3- The conquest
Replies: 7
Views: 3750

Yes, it does make that mission easier but the last mission in which Markal has to face Godric becomes much more difficult as a 20 level Godric has almost equal stats and skills to 30 level Markal.
by RustedSorrow
14 Mar 2008, 10:43

You say demon troops are weak. I really don't think so. Three of there troops: Cereberus, Hell charger and Arch Devil can reach the enemy in one turn. If they inflict high damage(thanks to your boosted stats) what will happen? They will devastate the enemy in one turn and not to forget the mana drai...
by RustedSorrow
13 Mar 2008, 14:19
Topic: Heroes 5 Cutscenes
Replies: 8
Views: 4159

I think, a saved game is created automatically before major cut scenes(not sure). By the way, why do you want to watch them? The story isn't that absorbing to really make you wanting to watch cut scenes.
by RustedSorrow
13 Mar 2008, 13:39
Topic: Spell Casting- Need Help
Replies: 8
Views: 3193

You cannot 'unlearn' spells once you have obtained them. You can have all the spells of Destructive magic at the same time(provided that you have learned them from a magic guild). Press the Combat spells and you will find all the spells that your hero has learned there.
by RustedSorrow
08 Mar 2008, 11:02

Well, I managed to pull through after trying twenty times. Anyway, I have reached mission 2 of the necro campaign. I had built Godric to level 19 in tn C1M5 but I got a level 10 Godric when I started the mission. He still had the same stats and skills which meant that I had light magic, attack, luck...
by RustedSorrow
05 Mar 2008, 05:20

He cheats because I have killed the druids in the circle that spawn those creatures each week by week 3. So Gilraen can't feed of them. So how the hell is he able to get such a high creature growth without those neutrals spawning. I am just playing the Agrael campaign to get to the Necro and Sylvan ...
by RustedSorrow
04 Mar 2008, 16:37

C2M3- The conquest

Am I the only one who think that Gilraen has an INSANE army and is impossible to beat on heroic in patch 1.6. I tried playing this mission again and my Agrael is decent enough at level 20 in week 1, month 2 with 2 weeks of growth of Sylanna creatures with expert attack, fire damage and expert leader...
by RustedSorrow
03 Mar 2008, 14:23
Topic: Stuck on Heroes V, TotE. . . help!
Replies: 13
Views: 5815

Ornella was my best hero as well. I even tried to sacrifice Arantir. Apparently I failed. But you should manage to win the final battle even with weaker Arantir as you must have plenty of army by sacrificing haven troops in your necro town. He is outnumbered three to one so eventually you will outgr...
by RustedSorrow
27 Feb 2008, 15:47
Topic: Why hasn't HOMM series won many more fans?
Replies: 45
Views: 18490

The story was crap. Did anyone really like it????? Has the power of skeleton archers been reduced in TOE? The 2k stacks used to be more useful than 160 bone dragons with unicorn's bow. They didn't seem so invincible when used them Arantir. The dark energy points is a good way to check necro's power....
by RustedSorrow
27 Feb 2008, 15:47

The story was crap. Did anyone really like it????? Has the power of skeleton archers been reduced in TOE? The 2k stacks used to be more useful than 160 bone dragons with unicorn's bow. They didn't seem so invincible when used them Arantir. The dark energy points is a good way to check necro's power....
by RustedSorrow
24 Feb 2008, 17:01
Topic: Looking Forward: Final impressions on H5 and a vision of H6
Replies: 34
Views: 9773

The gameplay of Heroes 5 was quite all right. I think each faction's strengths and weaknesses were quite well balanced except for Academy. Their heroes are quite all right but the creatures are horrible. There is no neat organization of abilities of creatures. Titans are ok but I haven't really unde...
by RustedSorrow
20 Feb 2008, 10:27
Forum: Articles
Topic: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil
Replies: 34
Views: 27831

Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil

Good and thorough walk through. A few spelling mistakes and tense errors here and there.
by RustedSorrow
16 Feb 2008, 12:20

Why hasn't HOMM series won many more fans?

I started playing Heroes of Might and Magic 5 last year in January. After that I have played both the expansion packs that have been released. The game is simply enchanting and absorbing. I have recommended it to many of my friends and all of them simply loved it. This is quite rare. On most occasio...
by RustedSorrow
23 Apr 2007, 13:49
Topic: A few questions
Views: 3298

A few questions

First of all, I would request you not to read any further if you haven't played Hammers of Fate or the original game as this post contains spoilers. Hammers of fate proved to be a quite entertaining expansion pack. I enjoyed playing the Dwarfs faction and their units were quite interesting. One thin...

Go to advanced search