Search found 19 matches

by sfidanza
23 Jan 2008, 16:23
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE
Replies: 42
Views: 29534

If you didn't notice already (the info has been relayed in another thread here already), I released the H5/HoF campaigns a few days ago:
http://www.heroes-fr.com/en/original_campaigns.php
Enjoy! :)
by sfidanza
31 Dec 2007, 18:12
Topic: HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE
Replies: 42
Views: 29534

I've tried looking around a few other sites, but no luck, wondering if this download is still possible, to get all the campaigns opened up in order, chaining properly, with all the cut scenes? I don't know what evilp will release or when from his project, but I've been packaging the campaigns mysel...
by sfidanza
15 Dec 2007, 16:30
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Help: adding heroes
Replies: 3
Views: 4896

Did you add them in the heroes AdvMapSharedGroup?
\MapObjects\_(AdvMapSharedGroup)\Heroes\Any.xdb
by sfidanza
13 Dec 2007, 15:50
Topic: Heroes Online Screenshots (55pics)
Replies: 25
Views: 30290

Just to clarify the development model, I don't think Ubi has much to do with this game. For H5, Nival is the developer, and works directly at the request of Ubisoft, the producer. But for this MMO, TQ Digital do the developing and producing themselves: they bought the right to do so for the asian ma...
by sfidanza
13 Dec 2007, 15:41
Topic: Question about initiative
Replies: 8
Views: 3653

Changing the random factors, like starting ATB, is tied to the seed of the pseudo-random generator. If you're not familiar with generation of random numbers by a computer, it's nothing too complex: the computer starts from a number (the seed), and pick "random" numbers in a determined sequ...
by sfidanza
06 Dec 2007, 23:56
Topic: Anyone else have this problem with TotE?
Replies: 15
Views: 4761

Same thing last week on a GeForce 6600GT: variations of screen luminosity while in game (it appeared in H5 because int's the only 3D game I play and that's where the insufficient fan couldn't cool fast enough), then reduction of luminosity for several seconds, then black screen. At first, I could re...
by sfidanza
01 Dec 2007, 00:22
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H5 (TotE) Armageddon defence?
Replies: 7
Views: 3923

With protection, don't forget Fire Resistance (Light Magic): 50% protection from fire. Even if you can't reach 100%, you can get damn close. Best is of course to use only fire immune creatures in your army. Fortress has a lot of them. With Resistance, play with Marbas, who has additional magic resis...
by sfidanza
29 Nov 2007, 19:24
Topic: Magic Schools and Town Magic Guilds
Replies: 8
Views: 3742

In the manual, in the spells section.
by sfidanza
29 Nov 2007, 19:18
Topic: Barbarian heroes visiting magic shrines
Replies: 17
Views: 5308

PhoenixReborn wrote:There was a suggestion that maybe the other classes should also get experience if they already know the spell.
Another option is to offer an unknown spell of the corresponding level, like the Pyramid now does.
by sfidanza
29 Nov 2007, 19:14
Topic: What Types of Artifact Continues for Next Mission?
Replies: 6
Views: 2756

and http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ts_toe.php
for the artifact list (with the same color code as in game: minor/major/relic)
by sfidanza
29 Nov 2007, 19:10
Topic: H5 (TotE) Armageddon defence?
Views: 3923

Note that the formula for adding magic protections actually works like:
1-P = (1-P1)(1-P2) [or P = P1+P2-P1*P2]

and not (P1+P2 as could be expected). So adding a 85% protection and a 15% protection gives a total of 87% protection.

Magic resistances are added though: R = R1+R2
by sfidanza
27 Nov 2007, 10:45
Topic: AI dificulty settings
Replies: 17
Views: 6611

If you get a zip file when downloading, it's because IE is silently renaming the file for you... As Larkin said, just rename it.
http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24082
(see the quick FAQ, 2nd and 3rd questions)
by sfidanza
27 Nov 2007, 10:33
Topic: Is there a mod unlocking campaign hero in ToE
Replies: 4
Views: 5438

Here you are, campaign heroes available in the 40 multiplayer maps in ToE:
http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24168
by sfidanza
21 Nov 2007, 14:13
Topic: How Do You Convert Ubisoft TOTE Maps For Editing?
Replies: 11
Views: 6105

Ok then, let's add a few more explanations (I always support education). :) To open the "internal" maps in the editor (and many other internal resources), just follow the procedure in Apocalypse's post. I don't think it's that useful for maps, but there are a bunch of interesting things th...
by sfidanza
17 Nov 2007, 14:47
Topic: How Do You Convert Ubisoft TOTE Maps For Editing?
Replies: 11
Views: 6105

If you didn't solve your problem yet, ToE maps as .h5m are available on
http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... maps.shtml
by sfidanza
09 Nov 2007, 12:26
Topic: Some mods for ToE 3.0 eng
Replies: 34
Views: 58902

By curiosity, you packaged the .h5u with "Store" compression. It also works with "Normal" compression (with filesize 5.28Mb, which is not really my point). Filesize is still bigger than the .rar, which has the additional feature of avoiding IE to silently rename the file and make...
by sfidanza
17 Oct 2007, 21:12
Topic: New Patches?
Replies: 14
Views: 9298

I've been reviewing Age of Heroes section about Dark Enegy and I've found this: IMPORTANT 1.5 Note: The Dark Energy Pool formula has been amended to 250 + Hero_Bonus + Building_Bonus. Where the Hero Bonus is doubled , and the Pillar of Bones bonus is reduced from 150 to 20 DE points. In Tribes of t...
by sfidanza
31 Mar 2007, 11:28
Topic: Maps and mods on allegro.pl auction site
Views: 4780

Maps and mods on allegro.pl auction site

I'll reproduce here the post I just wrote on Heroes Community, as the subject is, i think, of interest for the whole community: --- Someone going with the nickname Radziu_666 is selling an H5 package on allegro.pl (the polish eBay), with maps, mods, official patches, the skillwheels, and some other ...
by sfidanza
01 Feb 2007, 09:55
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Community Manual in Print
Replies: 18
Views: 7988

morthi (handling the polish localization of the manual) already replied, but I think the topic deserves a reply on my own as well, seeing as I'm right at the center of it, to make sure everything is cleared up. :) As morthi gave the short answers, I feel like giving the lengthy ones. ;) First of all...

Go to advanced search