Search found 4 matches

by growlor
23 Jul 2007, 02:51
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Might and Magic II Certificate
Replies: 22
Views: 7968

Might and Magic II Certificate

That is really cool. I got one from them for completing the combined MMiv/v and have been wishing I still had it recently (I think its long gone from a move I made 8 years ago.) I think it was on a purple piece of paper and was from the "Dragon Pharoah" and had been put in one of those pap...
by growlor
02 Jan 2007, 00:29
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM III on Linux?
Replies: 10
Views: 7329

FYI for those of you who might find/try the Loki version.

I just discovered that under KDE 3.4 (the GUI that came with Mandriva 2006), there is a setting for the sound system where it specifies how long KDE waits beofre it gives up complete control of the sound system and allows any programs trying to grab direct control to get it. Apparently, HoMM3 for Li...
by growlor
30 Dec 2006, 15:57
Topic: HoMM III on Linux?
Replies: 10
Views: 7329

I REALLY like the Loki port of Heroes 3

It's by far my favorite game for Linux as it is a native app. In fact, I am playing it now . However, as one of the previous posts mentioned, it was just the basic (no expansion packs) version. Its also nice because it does not require a CD to play! I really wish that ubisoft would consider porting ...
by growlor
30 Dec 2006, 15:31
Topic: Heroes I crashing in Win XP :(
Replies: 7
Views: 3499

Have you tried it in a VM machine in XP?

I have considered this for both Heroes and the old Might and Magic games as well as some others (but haven't gotten the motivation to actually DO it.) I think Microsoft offers their VM application (not sure of the name - maybe Virtual PC) for free, so if you have or can cheaply buy a copy of DOS or ...

Go to advanced search