Search found 60 matches

by aulfgar
30 Jan 2007, 01:24
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Necromany changes in 2.1 (take a seat: you'll need it)
Replies: 81
Views: 48834

This is an amazing change. :D

Did they fix the AI?
by aulfgar
23 Jan 2007, 03:47
Topic: Cheers for the Caravans..
Replies: 7
Views: 2907

The caravans are awesome additions to game play. The graphics are ok, but 3D was not needed for HoMM and makes the game run much slower than any previous HoMM game.

Boo for 3D yay for actual gameplay. :D
by aulfgar
23 Jan 2007, 03:43
Topic: Patch 2.1/1.5
Replies: 56
Views: 23913

It seems to be rocket science for game developers to understand this simple fact. Never let someone translate into a language they aren't a native speaker of. FF12 is killing me in reference to Marquis, said phonetically for english, when it has a french pronunciation. Bottom line is that game devel...
by aulfgar
19 Jan 2007, 07:22
Topic: Worst race in Heroes 5
Replies: 94
Views: 45941

I think all of the towns are relatively balanced. The twon I like playing the least is Haven though... its just so boring. Dungeon is not weak, it is a massivly nasty force on either side of the battle field. However Dungeon is really an endgame type Army like Academy, if you let them build up they ...
by aulfgar
19 Jan 2007, 07:16
Topic: Trying a classification system for units and their heroes
Replies: 49
Views: 12117

JJ,

Here is my take on it, as a food for thought, why not just treat all critters as though they were not backed by a hero. This way we see the critters themselves and not just how they are augmented by their hero.

Anyhow I really like this topic, lets continue the discussion. :)
by aulfgar
17 Jan 2007, 20:13
Topic: Warmachines Statistics
Replies: 5
Views: 2937

did they change balista life ? I thought it was 1000 lp at expert... And one must take into account specials abilities and skills that can make warmachines much more powerfull ( ie Vittorio, best rusher for haven ) Yes the Warmachines life totals went way up with patch 1.4/2.0 I believe. Ballista h...
by aulfgar
17 Jan 2007, 20:10
Topic: HOMM5 Future Ideas for expansions.
Replies: 21
Views: 6505

My thoughts for the next exapansion include but is not limited to a functional AI. That by itself would be a worthwhile expansion. :ill:
by aulfgar
17 Jan 2007, 19:38

I think the only problem I have with the last post JJ is how they were compared. Taking into account the Hero and special abilities is fine, but you don't really add in the fact that raise dead is a major bonus nor the tactics and strategy that can modify the overall effectiveness of any given troop...
by aulfgar
17 Jan 2007, 17:31

I have found that Wraiths and Spectral Dragons do hold their own against same tier critters. The wraiths are fast for Necro and do Awe inspiring damage against everything except Treants. The Spectral Dragons are I think a killer unit because they deal enough damage and they never die while the necro...
by aulfgar
15 Jan 2007, 21:47
Topic: Neutrals' mood coefficient, and is diplomacy worthwhile?
Replies: 18
Views: 7887

Caradoc wrote:aulfgar, isn't e^(pi*i) -1 really -2 ?
Yep :-D Yay for a mathematical person.
by aulfgar
12 Jan 2007, 23:30
Topic: Neutrals' mood coefficient, and is diplomacy worthwhile?
Replies: 18
Views: 7887

I have had to many games ruined by diplomacy in HoMM5 for me to take it anymore. Even without Diplomancy I have ended up with say a high level Necro getting a stack of 60 Ancient Treants joining him... which gave me such a huge advantage that it was silly. My point is that I don't like that the stac...
by aulfgar
10 Jan 2007, 03:51
Topic: Hello
Replies: 30
Views: 10362

DaemianLucifer wrote:Just dont let yourself being drawn to the dark side by those evil high post number spammers :devious:
Yes keep ones comments to things you need to say and not to add to the post counter. :devious:
by aulfgar
10 Jan 2007, 02:00
Topic: Necro campaign, last mission question
Replies: 37
Views: 10190

winterfate wrote:8| If I'm not mistaken, that last mission is about defeating Godric.

I personally never got those secondary objectives....

Weird... 8|
The secondary objectives were pretty fun to do most of teh time, and some of them had cool rewards like + 1 to all stats for completing them. :)
by aulfgar
10 Jan 2007, 00:31
Topic: Patch 2.1/1.5
Replies: 56
Views: 23913

AI is definately a problem, the RMG needs an overhaul, lots of minor bugs to fix, like not being able to have level 5-7 critter dwellings on the map editor for Dwarves. :( (this is without using a random dwelling that matches the derf player)
by aulfgar
09 Jan 2007, 01:56
Topic: Hello
Replies: 30
Views: 10362

Welcome to the Forums!

I really like HoMM3 and HoMM5, but I couldn't stand 4. Just my opinion though, I would play them all to see which you like best. :)
by aulfgar
09 Jan 2007, 01:39
Topic: savetheheroes petition - just a plot?
Replies: 9
Views: 3206

Well then my lament is that they released the game with a busted AI and more bugs than windows 95. ;)
by aulfgar
09 Jan 2007, 00:17
Topic: savetheheroes petition - just a plot?
Replies: 9
Views: 3206

I am not understanding the question. Is the Question "Did Ubisoft delay HoMM5 to get more publicity?"

Just curious as I seem to have missed the point. :(
by aulfgar
08 Jan 2007, 22:37
Topic: Strategy Viablity.
Replies: 14
Views: 4437

The reference is to Vitality as opposed to chilling bones per se. Defense is in my opinion a very viable skill for pretty much every race.
by aulfgar
08 Jan 2007, 22:25
Topic: Strategy Viablity.
Replies: 14
Views: 4437

Defense is a viable skill for necros in my opinion. -30% physical damage base rules. The Necros alot of time benefit more from basic knacks than the faction based ones, due to lower stats than other castles in most slots.

I am all for trying new strats, though I think dark magic is a must for Necros.
by aulfgar
08 Jan 2007, 07:18
Topic: Best endgame race
Replies: 13
Views: 3879

I personally Love the Dungeon late game. Here is why. :) 1. Blood Furies!!! Everyone says that they suck late game, but they are great for pulling an attack off of your true core units and they still pack a whollop especially since they usually go first or second. 2. Destructive magic is a great spe...

Go to advanced search