Search found 127 matches

by Roman
23 Dec 2013, 09:44
Forum: News
Topic: MMX and Uplay
Replies: 12
Views: 11801

MMX and Uplay

I don't purchase any games that are online-dependent for play/installation/activation (although admittedly, the latter are less bad than the former). And yes, this does mean my game purchases have plunged in recent years, even as my income can better support them than before. Much as I wanted to sup...
by Roman
17 Aug 2011, 22:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Why Should I Buy HoMM 6?
Replies: 27
Views: 17578

Hmm, looking back at my original post and the title of this thread, I think it came out more provocative than I wanted it to be. I guess I worded it poorly. Basically, I just wanted to ask for community opinions on why people think Heroes VI is going to be better than the Tribes of the East for mult...
by Roman
12 Aug 2011, 09:14
Topic: Why Should I Buy HoMM 6?
Replies: 27
Views: 17578

Why Should I Buy HoMM 6?

OK, so I have not really paid much attention to this game, because I feared it would have a ridiculous online DRM system and did not want to get my hopes up. Now it seems those fears can be laid to rest, so I can consider the purchase of HoMM 6 on the merit of the game itself. I was a huge fan of Ho...
by Roman
07 Aug 2011, 08:44
Topic: DRM for Heroes of Might and Magic 6
Replies: 40
Views: 29118

Pol wrote:At least in Beta version, here's an Offline mode. ATM it's bugged though. Loading is not working properly.
I guess it's a good thing they have delayed the release then! 8|
by Roman
02 Aug 2011, 21:36

Yes, obviously, one of the really stupid things about online stuff is that you're dependent on Ubi and their servers. They tried having a "ghost mode" for H5 which fell to bits ... this "conflux" thing could be a nightmare as well, if Ubi shut down their serveres or don't have a...
by Roman
31 Jul 2011, 08:09

EDIT: I forgot to add that Valve has always been a responsible company in my book, and they have promised that if they EVER stop supporting Steam, they will release unlocks that allow you to keep playing indefinitely. Can you give a source for that promise? Because this is what I have found in the ...
by Roman
24 Feb 2011, 07:13
Forum: News
Topic: JVC Working on a New C&C
Replies: 23
Views: 8691

JVC Working on a New C&C

C&C 4 was such a travesty that the franchise is dead as far as I am concerned. I doubt even JVC can revivify it.
by Roman
03 Oct 2010, 20:20
Topic: Initiative
Replies: 21
Views: 13823

Initiative

I have just read about the decision to revert initiative from its HoMM 5 glory back to HoMM 3 style. I really dislike this idea. HoMM 5 initiative was an excellent innovation that adds another interesting variable to combat and provides another venue for creature differentiation and strategy (e.g. t...
by Roman
03 Oct 2010, 17:08
Topic: 2 last towns almost official, it appears they killed titans
Replies: 96
Views: 40087

Since one faction is supposed to be new to the series AND there is the jungle tileset AND the naga are known to exist in Ashan, I think one of the factions is going to be the Naga faction.
by Roman
03 Oct 2010, 16:59
Topic: New Creature Tier System
Replies: 26
Views: 11184

I must say that I am personally quite sceptical about this change (removal of power gradation doesn't seem all that appealing), but am trying to keep an open mind.
by Roman
03 Oct 2010, 16:56
Topic: Real question: will you buy this with Ubisoft DRM?
Replies: 47
Views: 21816

I wish them luck and hope their sales continue to recover (though there is evidence that another downturn in game sales started in the summer - I hope it is just a temporary blip, but one can never know). I think they can be good custodians of the MM and HoMM franchise. They should just loose the on...
by Roman
03 Oct 2010, 15:08
Topic: New Creature Tier System
Replies: 26
Views: 11184

New Creature Tier System

It seems that creatures in HoMM 6 will be organized in 3 tiers rather than the 7 tiers we are used to. What do you think of this change?
by Roman
03 Oct 2010, 15:00

It is unlikely that Ubisoft will go bankrupt any time soon; their business is going very well, and M&M is only a small part of their total portfolio. They have games for consoles, portables ... The only thing that could have killed them is the credit crunch, and it didn't - not by a longshot. T...
by Roman
03 Oct 2010, 14:43
Topic: Area of Control [forts]
Replies: 62
Views: 35991

I agree with you on Conflux. The way we used to play HoMM 3 & Expansions is that each of us selected one faction/race to be his or her personal faction/race and always played the same faction. I picked Conflux to be my personal faction/race, but it was so incredibly powerful that I decided not t...
by Roman
03 Oct 2010, 14:24
Topic: Lets talk about War Machines
Replies: 58
Views: 19037

No, the tree would belong to the hero, but it would only affect the WM, and he'd only get XP when a WM was in his possession during a battle. It would be more like a secondary skill tree just for War Machines... Ah, I see - to isolate the tree from other hero skill trees and thus not make it compet...
by Roman
03 Oct 2010, 14:22
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 143130

You think a modern bulldozer is cheaper then some low class miners (which where even kids too)?! That really depends. A modern bulldozer can do some types of work much cheaper than a horde of miners. If a modern buldozer can do the work of 100 man-hours per hour, than heck yes, it is cheaper to use...
by Roman
02 Oct 2010, 22:15
Topic: Area of Control [forts]
Replies: 62
Views: 35991

I don't see your problems with this one. After all, as the information presented in OP says, you can eliminate areas of control at which point mines and dwellings will function the same as in HoMM I-V. I personally like the idea of reducing some of the micromanagement of having secondary heroes have...
by Roman
02 Oct 2010, 22:06

I have a good internet connection, but still automatically boycott all games that require the internet to install, activate or play. I do this because of the artificial obsolescence these games have built-in - once the servers are taken down, the games no longer work. Think about it, how many of us ...
by Roman
02 Oct 2010, 21:57
Topic: Lets talk about War Machines
Replies: 58
Views: 19037

You mean that it would sort of function like a second hero? In theory it could work, but it might be going a bit too far.
by Roman
01 Oct 2010, 20:26
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 83691

Or they could have just kept the 7 resources of old...

Yeah, it sucks they cut down on the number of resources. Thankfully, however, it is not a game-ruining change.

Go to advanced search