Search found 24 matches

by zuraffo
14 Oct 2009, 20:18
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Campaign bug in v1.6?
Replies: 2
Views: 1878

Campaign bug in v1.6?

Hi all, I am replaying the campaign with the latest patch. In Sylvan's mission 3 "the defence", I noticed the purple doesn't attack as scripted, rather it moves depending on the defensive strength of my main town. So if I leave a large enough force at my capitol purple will never attack. I...
by zuraffo
09 Dec 2006, 23:43
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Stronghold
Replies: 9
Views: 6329

@Vhilhu & BTOG46

But nowadays every game HAS to be 3D. :devious:

@The Mad Dragon

Stronghold is a realistic Castle Sims. If you are into medieval European Castle you are in for a treat.
by zuraffo
08 Dec 2006, 19:48
Topic: Most memorable Character
Replies: 48
Views: 15382

@Marzhin: Finally a kindred spirit who have played and loved Grim Fandangon "Ashes to ashes, to ashes, to ashes, to ashes" - My favorite poem of Olivia :hoo: @ AngelEyes: Thanks for the link! I found the link to download SC2 at the page and I am downloading it now! To relive the past just ...
by zuraffo
08 Dec 2006, 13:25

the Syreen commander (you know the one .... she's the one you can get into the sack!) would have to get a mention .... I was still too young to know what that meant when I played Star Control 2 :baby: Thanks for reminding the race name! I think Star Control 2 must be what started me on the path of ...
by zuraffo
08 Dec 2006, 13:22
Topic: ok who is the true computer RPG champion :)
Replies: 36
Views: 10089

@Caradoc, Return to Krondor was listed. I just remembered another series, Summoner I & II As I see it, the list on the page is heavily D&D oriented. And for the record I have played about 15 of them, although I think I have only complete (as in see the ending) a few: Planescape, fallout I&am...
by zuraffo
08 Dec 2006, 13:11
Topic: The Three Rules of Nival
Replies: 118
Views: 27874

Okay so I exagerated a bit. IMHO it's unfair to compare older games with newer games. The complexity just doesn't match. Did it occur to anyone that older games are "simpler" to test? Also the patching process actually made it possible developers to release a game and patch it later. Looki...
by zuraffo
08 Dec 2006, 03:18
Topic: Favorite Fortress creature?
Replies: 49
Views: 12237

I am surprise shield guard got so little vote. These guys are tough for a level 1. Besides, you get lotsa them.
by zuraffo
08 Dec 2006, 03:16
Topic: The Three Rules of Nival
Replies: 118
Views: 27874

despite all its fault, I enjoyed HoMMV quite a bit. To be honest, whoever can claim they were every satisfied with the first release of a game. ;| (Besides game from Blizzard of course.)
by zuraffo
08 Dec 2006, 02:56
Topic: ok who is the true computer RPG champion :)
Replies: 36
Views: 10089

Most (if not all) of the Japanese RPG is missing from the list. Like: FF series (only XI was there...) Suikoden series Xenosaga Chrono Trigger (Classic!!!!) Chrono Cross Breath of Five Series (The fifth installment is exceptionally classy, one of the best RPG ever written, style and story wise) Drag...
by zuraffo
07 Dec 2006, 20:13
Topic: Test the MMR in No man's land——Heroic level
Replies: 64
Views: 16703

MMR is especially viable for Academy for a few reasons: 1. high knowledge 2. School (? The building that gives you extra spells). 3. Most Academy heroes start with magic related skills and magic enhancing specialization (Jhora and Nur comes to mind) 4. Mark of the Wizard. While less powerful than Em...
by zuraffo
07 Dec 2006, 19:59
Topic: Question about AI Quality
Replies: 234
Views: 40650

The AI is horribly weak, even in Heroic. They'll have more troops, but that's about it. They neither use them well nor the spells well. So far I have only had problems with A.I when I am using dungeon (although lately I have improved on that by taking money from chest... dungeon troops and buildings...
by zuraffo
07 Dec 2006, 19:43

Oh, I know it hardly qualifies as a character, but I am impressed with those birdie race in STar Control 2... You know, the race that go bonkers and suicide on the other race....
by zuraffo
06 Dec 2006, 17:52

Most memorable Character

In order of preference: 1. Kerrigan (The ultimate Queen Bitch of the Universe, nuff' said) 2. Shodan (Whoever thought AI could be more scary than human? Evil too, I like) 3. Solid Snake (Everyone likes a darkly handsome, macho special agent, especially if he has big guns ;)) 4. Chun Li (First, she i...
by zuraffo
06 Dec 2006, 17:30
Topic: Starcraft vs Warcraft
Replies: 82
Views: 37641

For me: Story: Starcraft, no doubt. Kerrigan was and still is and probably will be for a long time my favorite evil bitch and a character I'll ALWAYS remember from all the games I've played (and mind you, I played a LOT of games, and Biara was/is/always will be a clown compared to her). Another &quo...
by zuraffo
01 Dec 2006, 08:54
Topic: HOF - Need Help - The Decoupling
Replies: 7
Views: 3222

For my case, I have been building my Wulstan (?) towards ultimate, so basically I just get ultimate with Wulfstan and wipe out the final castle. Absolute protection is just mean.
by zuraffo
29 Nov 2006, 11:44
Topic: Holy crap-You MUST see this! (academy strat)
Replies: 261
Views: 61540

Hi, Just out of curiousity, I tried a game on the said mystic vale with Heroic difficulty. The only thing I can say is ... It's an eye opener. There are a lot tricks I pick up that I usually don't observe in my campaign game. Like: 1. Always split into small stacks of 1s. This will make enemy waste ...
by zuraffo
29 Nov 2006, 03:55
Topic: Test the MMR in No man's land——Heroic level
Replies: 64
Views: 16703

That was, I believe, a test with only a player to see how fast academy can build up on the map No Man's Land, since the screenshots only shows one hero and fighting against neutrals. I believe this is a result from a challenge posted in AoH where people challenge them to duplicate the same result in...
by zuraffo
28 Nov 2006, 12:11

@DL who wrote : Maybe the split sprite wasp swarm tactic would be the best counter for this tactic (ugrade those pixies?). Since they can hit from far (a couple of times) and no retal, just might work. Avoid undead though :). I read somewhere that Wasp cast by Sprite doesn't have the delay effect l...
by zuraffo
28 Nov 2006, 12:01

Anyway MF = Mine Flag? Highly unlikely in my opinion. Nobody would play a game with an explicit rule that you can't flag mines. I think it's taken for granted by everyone. If MF = Mine Flag, the rule taken as a whole would be "Hit and Run tactics can only be used in Mine Flag, but not in Hero ...
by zuraffo
28 Nov 2006, 11:33

Hey,

I have a suggestion, why don't you guys duplicate the tournament thingy here? See if the players here will pick it up and have different results. It's not all about the Academy Heroes you know. If I am not wrong, this week's line up is who? Dougal vs Kasper, right?

Go to advanced search