Search found 163 matches

by tb5841
09 May 2008, 12:27
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Difficulty and Hero Experience?
Replies: 3
Views: 2805

On easy, each creature gives you more experience than it would have done on normal. But on all other difficulties, experience gained per enemy is the same on a custom game, so you will level up much faster on higher difficulties due to the large number of monsters. In the campaigns, neutrals give yo...
by tb5841
08 May 2008, 10:20
Topic: Necro Banshee Hero
Views: 2659

In the original game release, the duration of Banshee Howl increased with the hero's level, but this was deemed useless and changed in a later patch. Now it reduces enemy luck and morale by 2 instead of 1.
by tb5841
15 Apr 2008, 19:44
Topic: All around worst hero?
Replies: 23
Views: 12581

Pheonix Reborn wrote: My memory fails me...what is so different about destructive in HoF and destructive in ToE? Ignite felt so much more useful when it was Dwarf-only, as did Swift Mind (which is now much harder for a Runemage to get). Empathy was also a Dwarven-only skill. Now everyone has these ...
by tb5841
12 Apr 2008, 14:09
Topic: All around worst hero?
Replies: 23
Views: 12581

Kilghan - More goblins give a higher chance of success for Set Snares and Defile Magic, and add damage to Horde's Anger. And Leadership is a brilliant choice for a Stronghold hero. Nebiros - Though the special ability is poor, Attack + Tactics is possibly the best starting skill combination with Inf...
by tb5841
31 Mar 2008, 15:33
Topic: Is there a Faction that is good against Klaus, Haven Faction
Replies: 34
Views: 10537

Nobody has suggested this yet, but I think playing as Inferno would work well. Knights have so little Knowledge that a large stack of Familiars will completely negate his casting power. Nightmares and Cerberi should act before his Paladins do, so hit one stack with them while you seduce the other. D...
by tb5841
31 Mar 2008, 15:26
Topic: Best level 5 spell
Replies: 53
Views: 20157

My vote would go with Summon Pheonix, if it could.
by tb5841
21 Mar 2008, 21:00
Topic: Best level 4 spell
Replies: 18
Views: 7545

I use this spell. If it wasn't for the chance of summoning Earth Elementals it would be on a par with the other L4 spells. And if you do summon Earth Elementals, Teleport can then make them very useful, as they are a brilliant defensive unit. Fire Warriors also boosts this a lot, and now that every ...
by tb5841
21 Mar 2008, 15:49
Topic: The best faction
Views: 8817

Campaigns are a bad way of judging balance, in my opinion. Play Academy vs Dungeon in a multiplayer map and you should win easily... Not that that helps you much. Try making sure you have a Fort before they get to you, if this is possible. Dungeon have weak ranged units, and Destructive Magic is ver...
by tb5841
20 Mar 2008, 23:18
Topic: The best faction
Views: 8817

The poll on the main page has over 700 votes, and results are still fairly even... I voted Academy. They are the most versatile team and can adapt well to anything. Necropolis a close second. Dungeon get my vote as the weakest team, as they are so predictable. I think it's extremely close, no team i...
by tb5841
20 Mar 2008, 09:30
Topic: Most valuable upgrade
Replies: 10
Views: 5667

Hell Hound --> Cerberus wins it for me. Not far behind
Succubi --> Seducers, or Imps --> Familiars...

In fact, I think most Inferno upgrades are vital, their creatures are pretty useless before being upgraded, while most other creatures are fine.
by tb5841
11 Mar 2008, 16:15
Topic: Best level 3 spell
Replies: 24
Views: 11328

Curse of the Netherworld and Word of Light are actually pretty good since getting a boost in TotE. I think they would be far too powerful as a level 3 spell.
by tb5841
03 Mar 2008, 16:16
Topic: H5 AI harder than H3 AI?
Replies: 66
Views: 24747

I'm still not convinced that it actually cheats in TotE. AI creeping losses often seem unfair - I think they are calculated based on army/hero strength alone, so it doesn't struggle with archers/casters the way a human player would. But this is not necessarily cheating. But as for a 'better' AI... B...
by tb5841
03 Mar 2008, 15:53
Topic: Best level 2 spell
Replies: 25
Views: 10680

Well, considering that there are more spells and an area spell that freezes all targets I select master of ice much more often. It's definitely not fair to master of storms. I think they could make chain lightning to stun all targets at decreasing levels, and/or make it skip friendly units. Circle ...
by tb5841
01 Mar 2008, 20:23
Topic: I need some help with Teleport Assault.
Views: 2999

I think Lethos as a duel hero has Teleport Assault with Pathfinding and without Scouting. This is a bug, and it's definitely Scouting that you need.
by tb5841
29 Feb 2008, 20:11
Topic: combo: last stand and split
Replies: 12
Views: 7160

I just tried it, and it works... Just. You need 5 casts of Raise Dead on the same stack before it can drain enough health to resurrect a vampire when it attacks/retaliates (tested against Black Dragons, against something with a lower defence 4 might do). So you need to make sure your other stacks su...
by tb5841
22 Feb 2008, 09:44
Topic: Why hasn't HOMM series won many more fans?
Replies: 45
Views: 18483

The initial H5 release had mage guilds so expensive that Academy became totally useless. Training was pretty imbalanced also (no creature limit), Paladin's charge thing could do ridiculous amounts of damage. Raise Dead only cost 6 mana and didn't reduce a stack's total hit points the way it does now...
by tb5841
21 Feb 2008, 23:23
Topic: Opinions about multiple saving/loading?
Replies: 12
Views: 5101

If I lost a hero and loaded my game, I'd feel like I'd cheated, so I don't do it. But I probably wouldn't start the same level again straightaway either, as that feels like a waste of time. I'd just play a different level, or a different game for a while. Think this is why I find the campaigns so du...
by tb5841
21 Feb 2008, 10:45
Topic: Dungeon Strategy, Suplimental to TOTE
Replies: 15
Views: 6114

I tried using Lethos - creeping becomes very very easy with Decay + Stalkers + his special ability. And Arcane Intuition (needed for Swift Mind anyway) later lets you learn Slow, Vulnerability and Confusion from Shadow Mistresses, making Dark Magic not really such a bad choice. Lots of units are imm...
by tb5841
19 Feb 2008, 11:38
Topic: Dungeon Strategy, Suplimental to TOTE
Replies: 15
Views: 6114

This really wouldn't work against a human player.

The next patch really needs to fix AI attitudes to invisibility, since if they walked around/casted area effect spells like a human player would, invisibility would be nowhere near as powerful.
by tb5841
19 Feb 2008, 11:32
Topic: Luck and Attack
Replies: 24
Views: 12517

I agree, Luck is a far better skill. But certain abilities (eg. Tactics) are essential for certain strategies. And these skills work brilliantly together, I usually find that I choose both or neither.

Go to advanced search