Search found 266 matches

by Secret_Holder
18 Aug 2016, 12:32
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The choice which wasn't there (MM7 spoilers)
Replies: 2
Views: 2408

The choice which wasn't there (MM7 spoilers)

So, I've finished the Ligtht path and I'm on the last quest of the Dark path, and one thing I've finally noticed, is that the court historian seems to imply, that you can return the Oscillation Overthruster to either Kastore or Ressurrectra, no matter which path you're on. I tried giving it to Kasto...
by Secret_Holder
09 Apr 2013, 22:05
Topic: Why is MM8 so eerie?
Replies: 66
Views: 33015

Weren't Clanker and Agar compadres, or am I imagining stuff?
by Secret_Holder
09 Apr 2013, 15:42

Arret wrote:What about the minotaur in the Maze from Hell in MM3?
Convergent evolution, mayhaps?
by Secret_Holder
08 Apr 2013, 19:14

Well if we were to look at some of the civilized races of Jadame, they include Lizardfolk, Minotaurs and Dark Elves. They never seemed to be too welcome in Antagarich and Enroth, so why would they care? PS: But how come there even are civilized minotaurs in Jadame. Weren't minotaurs created by that ...
by Secret_Holder
07 Apr 2013, 18:45

In the shop?

I couldn't find it in the shop, so I assumed you'd have to find it in a dungeon, as in MM6-7
by Secret_Holder
07 Apr 2013, 18:28

On a side note. Where do I find the "Divine Intervention" spellbook in MM8?
by Secret_Holder
07 Apr 2013, 12:55

Empty? How so?

Of course it's smaller than the previous games, but I wouldn't say it's "empty".
by Secret_Holder
07 Apr 2013, 02:39

I'm of course not saying the eeriness is a bad thing. As an artistic choice for the game, it's bloody brilliant.

It underpins the whole sense of impending doom, which Jadame itself is threatened by, during the game. It's the game's biggest strength as a story element.
by Secret_Holder
06 Apr 2013, 21:35

Why is MM8 so eerie?

I've been replaying MM8 for the last few days, and something hit me, that I didn't notice the first time. (Or I've forgotten it) MM8 is a really eerie game. Everything about somehow unsettles me a bit: The music sets a dark atmosphere, and many of the NPC portraits are pretty damn creepy. Is this ju...
by Secret_Holder
06 Apr 2013, 21:32
Topic: Your Favourite M&M
Replies: 106
Views: 52273

MM6, not because it's my first MM game. and not because it's my first western rpg ( Diablo doesn't count ). But because of all the fond memories I have with this game. And the fond memories are because it's your first MM game... ffs... Respect the diversity of opinions. Nobody likes hipsters, but R...
by Secret_Holder
05 Apr 2013, 22:17
Topic: Ubisoft interview about Might and Magic X by The RPGCodex
Replies: 19
Views: 13948

And, before anybody panics: More accurately, you won't explore spaceships, fight killer robots or wield blasters. (. . .) But it doesn’t mean there's no connection to the older games of the series. Actually, if you know the "ancient universe" you should keep your eyes open while exploring...
by Secret_Holder
05 Apr 2013, 21:41
Topic: Why did NWC abandon Enroth?
Replies: 35
Views: 19728

ywhtptgtfo wrote:They rebooted because the lore's messed up by Armageddon Blade, which was supposed to follow from Might and Magic 7's dark ending
This is probably true
by Secret_Holder
02 Apr 2013, 00:33
Forum: Campfire
Topic: The Football (Soccer) Topic
Replies: 797
Views: 197159

I'm absolutely delighted that Leeds have finally sacked Neil Warnock, albeit two months too late.
But after one year of his treatment, it'll be tough to fight for promotion next year.
by Secret_Holder
01 Apr 2013, 01:58
Topic: Are you happy that MMX is in development?
Replies: 53
Views: 23723

COLONY is the world which contains Enroth, Erathia, Jadame, Karigor and Regna. That world is called Enroth, which is referenced in MM6, HoMM3: SoD and MM8. The term COLONY is from MM Tribute, a fan project. Nowhere in any game or supplementary material by NWC this name for the planet is even mentio...
by Secret_Holder
31 Mar 2013, 19:28

Having not played the newer Heroes games, I may be unqualified to discuss the lore. But from what I can see, Ashan was created by several Dragon-gods. This is of course inconsistent with what we know of CRON, XEEN and COLONY, but if we were to forcefully connect the newer and the older games, we co...
by Secret_Holder
31 Mar 2013, 15:39

Having not played the newer Heroes games, I may be unqualified to discuss the lore. But from what I can see, Ashan was created by several Dragon-gods. This is of course inconsistent with what we know of CRON, XEEN and COLONY, but if we were to forcefully connect the newer and the older games, we cou...
by Secret_Holder
28 Mar 2013, 17:04

Yeah, I'm pretty happy.

I would of course have hoped for a box retail game, meaning more money being put into the project, but I'll take what I can get.
by Secret_Holder
26 Mar 2013, 21:38

The story is of course a continuation from previous games, but the two warring pretenders to the throne could be inspired from English history.

If I were to guess for an inspiration for the Kreegan invasion, I would guess Starship Troopers, but I don't know.
by Secret_Holder
25 Mar 2013, 10:14
Topic: So ... Any Thoughts On The Big "X" On The Ubi Site
Replies: 114
Views: 56409

According to Polygon , Might and Magic X will be tile-based and it's been co-developed by Limbic and Ubisoft Paris. They also say it's gonna be released on September as a downloadable game. So no physical copy this time. I had mys suspicions that it would be a downloadable game, when I saw the trai...
by Secret_Holder
24 Mar 2013, 13:37

Bandobras Took wrote:
Secret_Holder wrote:I prefer Mandate of Heaven over Blood and Honor, simply because it had more and bigger dungeons.
Odd, that's why I don't like MM6 as much as MM7
For each, his own. :)

Go to advanced search