Search found 19 matches

by Psyringe
16 Jun 2009, 10:28
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Question about WOG
Replies: 22
Views: 12073

Re: Question about WOG

Is this a good idea? Does WoG enhance the game gently like Equilibris does HoMM IV, or is it a major overhaul, and one should play the game(s) fully before tampering with WoG? WoG is what keeps me playing HoMM3, it's a great addition to an already very good game. WoG can be fine-tuned to change ver...
by Psyringe
29 May 2009, 10:04
Topic: WoG crashes when >5000 maps are present
Replies: 15
Views: 13354

Danke, jetzt wird mir dein Anliegen klar. :) Thanks. :) In hindsight, I probably should've been more clear about my intentions in the first post, this could have prevented some misunderstandings. But it's very "uncommon" to me, that one manages and scrolls through about 5000 maps in the f...
by Psyringe
28 May 2009, 21:59

There are so many solutions, why open a thread for that??? ;| Because as said above, I haven't seen a solution or an analysis for this crash anywhere else. It took a bit of effort to analyze and double-check it, and I wanted to spare the next person who runs into the same problem from having to spe...
by Psyringe
28 May 2009, 20:41

Well, you're proving my point, although I wish you hadn't. What you're saying is that the crash I mentioned is too unimportant to spend time fixing it, especially in the light of other problems that you deem more important. That's your prerogative, you're of course free to prioritize any possible fi...
by Psyringe
28 May 2009, 19:20

Well, I suppose you could split your maps up into separate folders Yep, that's what I did - I weeded out doubles and "similars" until I got beneath the file limit. It works (obviously ;) ), but has the disadvantage of me needing some hours to organize the folders. Alternatively I could si...
by Psyringe
27 May 2009, 17:13

WoG crashes when >5000 maps are present

Hi :) Yesterday I went on a map collecting spree again, this time it raised the total number of h3m files in my Maps folder to about 6,500. I then found out that WoG crashed with an access violation whenever I clicked on New Game -> Scenario. Further analysis showed that I could prevent the crash wh...
by Psyringe
29 Nov 2006, 05:48
Topic: Runtime Error wogifying original campaign
Replies: 7
Views: 8736

I had the same problem (game crashing upon generation of next campaign scenario, when the previous scenario had carry-over artifacts). I couldn't sort it out (but I still have the save, in case somebody wants me to try someting ;) ). I finally loaded an earlier save, and generated the map with the c...
by Psyringe
25 Nov 2006, 19:00
Topic: arrays
Replies: 5
Views: 3522

how can adding up these 3 things work like a 2d array? Think about it this way - say, you have an 8x6 2-d array. This can easily be converted into a 1-d array with 48 elements: - elements (1) to (8) of the 1-d array would be elements (1,1) to (8,1) of the 2-d array - elements (9) to (16) of the 1-d...
by Psyringe
25 Nov 2006, 18:45
Topic: Help a newbie =(
Replies: 8
Views: 6444

But when i start a WoG map for example, without Wogifying, I can't hire a commander. How come? :S Usually you don't have to hire commanders, they come automatically with your heroes. There is however a WoG setting (labeled "Commanders must be hired") which changes this behavior. You may w...
by Psyringe
25 Nov 2006, 18:36
Topic: Help a newbie =(
Replies: 8
Views: 6444

What vhilhu said. :) Also, I wouldn't recommend to wogify the original campaigns. I tried it it and while it worked on some campaigns, there were others that crashed. Problems involved victory conditions not triggering (in RoE there is a campaign where you have to flag seven griffin dwellings, I did...
by Psyringe
15 Nov 2006, 23:10
Topic: Commander Question
Replies: 4
Views: 3039

Re: Commander Question

How can I access the commander screen? I think there is a display bug in WoG. You access a hero's commander by clicking on the "two hands" icon on the hero's screen. This icon is located directly above the inventory slots for "weapon" and "ring (right hand)". However, ...
by Psyringe
03 Nov 2006, 17:45
Topic: Heroes WOG problems
Replies: 14
Views: 9607

Re: Heroes WOG problems

My first installation was heroes the AB then SOD followed by patches. Then full Allinone wog installation and patches to 3.58f. I then tried the Heroes complete installation with patches then allinone wog installation and patch to 3.58f. I've tried a few times with always the same results. Would su...
by Psyringe
03 Nov 2006, 13:41
Topic: what is legal?
Replies: 6
Views: 4166

The legal situation varies from country to country. Usually, you can do anything you like as long as you keep it for yourself. If you want to distribute something, make sure that it contains *nothing* that you didn't create by yourself. To be on the safe side, every bit of code and every image, text...
by Psyringe
31 Oct 2006, 14:23
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM3 Manual addendum
Replies: 0
Views: 2222

HoMM3 Manual addendum

I came across a FAQ mentioning a "manual addendum" by Chris Nahr. Unfortunately Chris' website seems to have vanished, at least the link in the FAQ is broken, and I can't find it with Google. However, I dug up a version of his addenda in the webarchive: http://web.archive.org/web/200101211...
by Psyringe
27 Oct 2006, 22:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: AI in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 - Nival principles
Replies: 256
Views: 73634

Interesting that you name Warlords. Warlords' Lead Designer is and was Steve Fawkner - who happens to be Design & AI Consultant for H 5, so to see in the Credits of the game. I know I played a lot Warlords II - a game that had a mighty competetive AI. Cheated like hell, btw. Of course it cheate...
by Psyringe
27 Oct 2006, 19:53

Just why is it so important, whether the AI cheats or not? I mean, you play against routines developed by someone, mechanisms of play which are blindly followed; you play against some soulless, brainless, clueless somthing, pre-programmed to do things in a certain way. It's hard to explain why some...
by Psyringe
26 Oct 2006, 17:14

It starts only with Normal resources, by the way. As I opined in another post: since the AI is no human, I don't expect it to play like a human. IN fact it should not even play like one, because it simply cannot. If I want to play another human I play another human. The AI is some kind of sparring ...
by Psyringe
26 Oct 2006, 17:06

Thanks a lot for the information. I just recently found these forums because I (finally ;) ) stumbled across a copy of H3 Complete for 2.50 Euro, and since I'm enjoying it, I thought about getting H5 (I tried H4 for a while but never liked it, it seemed totally impossible to lose, and a strategy gam...
by Psyringe
26 Oct 2006, 14:26
Topic: need serious help
Replies: 3
Views: 3291

You don't need to have a fully English (or Russian) Windows. You just have to set the country settings within your installed Windows to "English" (or Russian). After the installation you can switch the setting back. You probably don't even need to restart n between. You'll find your "...

Go to advanced search