Search found 32 matches

by zarakand
Nov 4 2015, 18:50
Forum: Heroes VII
Topic: Steam Holiday Sale?
Replies: 9
Views: 3311

Steam Holiday Sale?

Anyone hoping this goes on sale on Steam during the holiday sale? I'd pick it up for about $15 and have fun playing around. Who else is waiting for the series to go on sale before buying it?
by zarakand
Jun 11 2015, 13:22
Forum: Articles
Topic: CH Previews Heroes VII
Replies: 21
Views: 10262

Heroes VII Preview

Fair enough. I hope it turns out to be more like HOMM 3, which was a ton of fun. For me, I'm not willing to fork over $50 for it after the let downs of HOMM 5 and 6. Though, I do look forward to it going on a Steam Sale!
by zarakand
Jun 10 2015, 19:24
Forum: Articles
Topic: CH Previews Heroes VII
Replies: 21
Views: 10262

Heroes VII Preview

It doesn't sound good right now from what you're saying. The things I care about are AI, turn time for AI, and random map generator. I saw the Steam sale and got nostalgic, but based on what you've seen in the beta I'll wait until it's on sale for $4-5 during the next winter sale.
by zarakand
Aug 13 2011, 11:40
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes VI Post-Poned Again
Replies: 51
Views: 7823

Heroes VI Post-Poned Again

I think it came with the expansion, Armageddon's Blade but its been a very long time since I played it as well. I know it was in the Heroes 3 complete version.
by zarakand
Aug 12 2011, 0:56

It's because other TBS games include them, and RMG's are a way to play for people that don't enjoy the campaign. There's no need to be rude if you don't find this an important factor in your gameplay.
by zarakand
Aug 11 2011, 17:54

I remember that, and I also remember being greatly disappointed by HOMM V due the lack of an RMG at launch and very slow AI turns.
by zarakand
Aug 9 2011, 18:11

It's a shame that there will be no RMG. I've never played the campaign mode in any of the Heroes game. I've always enjoyed the random maps and fights that come from that style of play.

How hard can it be to create? Games like Civilization are able to do it easily.
by zarakand
Aug 8 2011, 2:35

Do we have any word on a random map generator?
by zarakand
Jun 10 2011, 19:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 37165

there was a bug in heroes 5 that caused the AI turns to take forever, that might have been your issue. They say they really wanted to improve the speed of the AI turns in h6 so I see no concern. I hope that's true, but a lot of companies say things prior to release. I think we can look to Civilizat...
by zarakand
Jun 10 2011, 18:45
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 37165

Not yet. I was excited about HOMM5, and it was just a terrible game. It just did not work well on any system. When I heard about HOMM6, I got the longing to play HOMM again and tried HOMM5. It was unplayable. I have a great system i7 92 2.6ghz, 12gb ram, ati hd 5880 (maybe 5800 can't remember) and t...
by zarakand
Apr 28 2011, 18:12
Topic: Dev Q&A - Town Screen Released
Replies: 25
Views: 5094

Dev Q&A - Town Screen Released

So no simultaneous turns either? Sigh....
by zarakand
Apr 21 2011, 13:55
Topic: Heroes VI Delayed
Replies: 46
Views: 9401

Heroes VI Delayed

Great, better a good Heroes game than a crap one. Wonder if the number of pre-orders convinced them to delay? Having sales lined up like that can make a huge difference.
by zarakand
Mar 21 2011, 6:10
Topic: Heroes VI Release Date Confirmed
Replies: 19
Views: 4012

Heroes VI Release Date Confirmed

Great to see a firm date for release, but I learned my lesson after HOMM5. Horrible game engine, slow turn times, and bad AI killed any sense of immersion.

This time I'll wait to see what actual users not reviewers have to say about the game before buying it.
by zarakand
Apr 17 2007, 15:42
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 3 Lan Help
Replies: 3
Views: 3826

Heroes 3 Lan Help

Yesterday, I tried to play Heroes 3 via LAN with a friend. However, we were unable to get it to work via tcp/ip even though we typed in the correct IP address for each other's computers. Both computers are connected via a router, and the game does not list automatically either. We did make sure the ...
by zarakand
Dec 15 2006, 16:46
Topic: I hate this game (long rant)
Replies: 69
Views: 9685

Regardless of the bugs those games have, at least they've solved the desync issue. How come if we're making excuses for Nival, I have never had the desync issue in any other game including all previous Heroes games? Lets just face the facts, Nival is not a quality company. Yes PC gaming is much more...
by zarakand
Nov 21 2006, 16:17
Topic: Windmils & co.
Replies: 37
Views: 3860

I'm all for flagable windmills. It's irritating to have one hero that makes a circut from the windmills to the garden of the wee folks to the water wheel, no strategy to it.
by zarakand
Nov 21 2006, 16:10
Topic: Some features I miss in Heroes V...
Replies: 35
Views: 5154

Fog of war and the barbarian town are the two things I miss the most. Though I'm thrilled with the simultaneous turns, not how I would have implemented it, but it's better than before.
by zarakand
Nov 19 2006, 5:33
Topic: Confused with HOF RMG!
Replies: 18
Views: 2956

Better than defending a disappointing product regardless of over whelming evidence to the contrary. Often, I view JJ's posts with the same enjoyment I viewed the Iraqi Information Minister news briefs when the US first invaded Iraq.
by zarakand
Nov 18 2006, 8:33
Topic: Confused with HOF RMG!
Replies: 18
Views: 2956

his check is late...
by zarakand
Oct 28 2006, 19:40
Topic: AI in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 - Nival principles
Replies: 256
Views: 51459

I think the biggest problem all of us are having is that that Jolly Joker thinks the battle AI is very well done. I think the biggest issue with JJ is that from all appearances he seems to be a complete HoMM5 homer. Why go here? I mean I disagree with him, but he's been fairly civil even when the m...

Go to advanced search