Search found 21 matches

by Najibarr
02 Dec 2006, 14:04
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 224267

I did try IsObjectInRegion and it didin't work either,, thats why I tried the off the wall code. the code works perfectly in game when just calling a single region.,. i was trying to combine 5 regions into one call to StartCombat but can't get it to work,, Don't you just have to add more condition ...
by Najibarr
01 Dec 2006, 14:32
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Should towers be controllable by the player?
Replies: 33
Views: 10430

Well in h3 they added that option since you couldn't use the ballista when defending in siege so you were disadvantaged but now you've got your friend with you (the ballista). Therefore so i can't see what would be the point of changing the way it is apart the fact that its shooting anything but wha...
by Najibarr
26 Nov 2006, 05:12

about the first question : You have to manually add the parameters by right clicking on the parameter tab and pressing "add". I think the number of parameter for each objective is clearly explained in the editor theory guide so you shouldn't have any problem. about the second one i didn't ...
by Najibarr
25 Nov 2006, 15:50

What is that command i never saw it in the editor... but it clearly need a boolean value like if isplayerheroesinregion(playerid,regionname) == true then why don't you use a real command like IsObjectInRegion : name=GetPlayerHeroes(1); check_assassins=0 check_ambush=0 region = { "ambush", ...
by Najibarr
24 Nov 2006, 02:16
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Initial number of neutral creatures, how to change them
Replies: 9
Views: 5914

From the script you've got in http://elrath.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=538 You could end up in a script that would check if the current creature is a ranged unit. And then it would remove the current creatures and replace them with a lower number (0.8 * original number or something) of the same ...
by Najibarr
24 Nov 2006, 02:03
Topic: problem with RemoveObject
Replies: 12
Views: 6012

I guess what could work is to remove the blocked tiles from the object and replace them with a blocked region which you unblock at the same time than you remove the object.
by Najibarr
20 Nov 2006, 02:00

In the console do you get the error "file not found" if you do, it doesn't find your .txt file.

What you have to do is described at :
http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... 5167#85167
To make your .txt file usable.
by Najibarr
18 Nov 2006, 21:16
Topic: HOF Fortress Military Post
Replies: 3
Views: 3421

It is... but not possible in the menu you get when you press space. How to customize : In the object property tree (ctrl + space) : - Set RandomCreatures as false - Right click on creaturesEnabled and press "add" 4 times. You'll see numbers 0 to 3 in the creaturesEnabled tab they are respe...
by Najibarr
18 Nov 2006, 14:56

Well first of all this script would give you a random skill (with witch hut) then it would start the trigger and execute the function. I guess you don't want this so you should add, outside the function : SetObjectEnabled('witch', nil); Then, the MarkObjectAsVisited command only put the hut as "...
by Najibarr
15 Nov 2006, 03:42

This create 4 hostile (mood = 2) titans named "1" at (66,90,1) that will always fight (courage = 1) but you can get all this in the editor documentation
by Najibarr
13 Nov 2006, 21:17
Topic: HOMM5: Seas, Skies & Winds
Replies: 10
Views: 6901

You have to create a new shared value not a tab under shared
by Najibarr
13 Nov 2006, 18:09

Use the method I described in my post but instead of changing the water based option, right click on blocked tiles and click on "delete all"
by Najibarr
13 Nov 2006, 00:35

To place objects underwater you have to raise an "island" in the middle of the water like this : http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/770/raisejr1.th.jpg then put the object on the island at the exact location you'd like to have it ! like this : http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4207/putcra...
by Najibarr
11 Nov 2006, 19:36
Topic: My kingdom for a larger message box!!
Replies: 29
Views: 28307

You can see how dialog scenes by following these instructions : -Open H5 editor with the modification to the mode to access new features -In the Resource menu, click on select tables (or just press ctrl + t) -Check DialogScene and DialogSceneCameraSet and click OK - Open the Game database with the m...
by Najibarr
11 Nov 2006, 00:02
Topic: Patch 1.4 removes objects from editor - how to get them back
Replies: 31
Views: 24780

With Open ressource, you can, for example, open and edit the campaign maps and save them with pack mod (they goes in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V\Editor\Maps)) You can also open the combat arenas to edit them ( the reason why you can put combat arena objects on your map) You ...
by Najibarr
10 Nov 2006, 21:25

I made a post on elrath forum http://elrath.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=503 to show how to put monsters on water. You can use the same technique (or just raise a small island where you want to put the monster, put the monster and then lower to water the island and the monster will be left on wate...
by Najibarr
10 Nov 2006, 07:19

- first, uninstall HOMM V and patch 1.4 (unless you didnt patch yet) - then install again, but patch only up to 1.3 - then locate the mapfilters.xml file in the H5/editor directory and copy the file and place on desktop, or whereever. - then patch the game up to 1.4, then paste the 1.3 mapfilters.x...
by Najibarr
10 Nov 2006, 00:25

Just go to your h5/editor directory and exchange MapFilters_1.4.xml and MapFilters.xml (1.3 one) so you'll have everything you had before (even those you added yourself like snow objects for example). The directories references are the same so you'll have all the "new" stuff too. You can d...
by Najibarr
06 Nov 2006, 13:54

Well few things... First, you wrote IsiIferno1Defeated instead of IsInferno1Defeated. Then, you don't have to make new if function all the time you can use elseif instead of else if, so that it doesn't need to start a new condition every time. Here is the code i would use if i were you : IsInferno1D...
by Najibarr
04 Nov 2006, 14:26

If I understand what you said, you have 6 towns on your map. 5 of them get a garrisoned hero at the start of the game and player 1 have a main hero somewhere on the map but none generated in town. All you have to do go to "Map Properties" then in "Player properties" and set your ...

Go to advanced search