Search found 18 matches

by DeejMaster
17 Nov 2008, 09:10
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Cannot create ramps anymore
Replies: 2
Views: 2001

By Joe, I think I've got it!

I couldn't quite figure out what you were describing. I reopened by Mapeditor and tried out what I thought you were trying to convey. What I needed to do was move my cursor perpendicular to the line of 3 squares, kind of like I was using a brush stroke to smooth the land into the water. What I was d...
by DeejMaster
15 Nov 2008, 18:25
Topic: Cannot create ramps anymore
Replies: 2
Views: 2001

Cannot create ramps anymore

I could create ramps when I first loaded H5, however I have since loaded HOF and TOE and have decided to create maps again. Now I cannot create ramps, even using the H5 Map Editor (but not on the same map). I don't mind doing a reinstall of the Map Editor, but I don't have any idea as to how, since ...
by DeejMaster
13 Oct 2008, 09:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: homm5 v. homm3
Replies: 19
Views: 8793

3D makes for better game play

Yes, it took about a minute or two to get used to the rotation and zoom, but I am so glad it is there. On the HMM3 maps, I would undoubtably miss some pile of gold/resource or an artifact while creeping, only to catch a glimps of it just poking past a mountain or patch of trees. Then spend days tryi...
by DeejMaster
13 Oct 2008, 08:50
Topic: question: can you fight with only resurrected troops?
Replies: 17
Views: 6387

Uh, resurrected troops...

I've had that once, I had 5 ressurected titans and 1 phoenix while he had only 1 phoenix left, but cuz I attacked I lost my artifacts :'( You stated that your troops were resurrected, not raised. Resurrected troops are as if you never lost any those troops at all. If you had resurrected Titans at t...
by DeejMaster
13 Oct 2008, 08:39
Topic: Tearing the Veil glitch help
Replies: 0
Views: 1642

Tearing the Veil glitch help

When Zahir presents the Tear of Asha to the Monk triad for some kind of ceremony, a Demon army presents itself which I kindly dispatch of. I then go to the center of the starlike emblems, which Zahir then does an about-face and parks...Two of the monks cast a spell that resembles haste and I am SUPP...
by DeejMaster
13 Oct 2008, 08:15
Topic: Technical problem
Replies: 7
Views: 2558

Can't install game

I know this is a late post, however I couldn't help notice that Fewtger stated that he had HoF on the same CD. Wouldn't that be a DVD and wouldn't he need a CD/DVD RW/ROM. The poor guy may only have a CD ROM. LOL
by DeejMaster
20 Jan 2007, 23:27
Topic: A bug? Or a harware problem? Help... Anyone...
Replies: 4
Views: 2320

I would set everything up for application need and not force things like AA and such, mainly because I am not sure what all that stuff stands for. I know that alot of FPS players like to have these various functions for detail because other players/artifacts can get lost in the background scenery, b...
by DeejMaster
20 Jan 2007, 22:48
Topic: Heroes V not installed?!?!?
Replies: 10
Views: 3483

If I remember right, when you loaded up HMM5, it gave you the option of what language/version you wanted to load up. That is why there is an additional disc in the game pack.

Does the European version have 3 or 4 discs in the game pack?
by DeejMaster
20 Jan 2007, 22:34
Topic: Will H-V run on Windows Vista?
Replies: 52
Views: 17953

You know, I don't use any more functions on my computer now, than I did when I had Windows 95, with the exception of 3rd party programs that work alot better than anything that came with XP. So, why in the world would I invest in a OS that would eat up my current resources? If Windows 95 was still s...
by DeejMaster
20 Jan 2007, 22:25
Topic: Why can I cast spells only once?
Replies: 5
Views: 1974

Sacrifice a cheap Hero...Lure Zoltan away from the castle with a Hero you can lose, the have your Main Man waiting to attack after Zoltan takes out the sacrifice. You just have to make sure that the lamb is not so close to Zoltans' castle that Zoltan can make it back home after the attack. You just ...
by DeejMaster
16 Jan 2007, 05:14
Topic: The basics of H5 scripting.
Replies: 13
Views: 9704

Cool!. I'm going to email this to myself at work and print it off. I hope it helps because I am completely igorant about scripting and that is what is keeping me from completing my map.

Thanks
by DeejMaster
16 Jan 2007, 05:08
Topic: What maps do you prefer?
Replies: 13
Views: 5518

I like to play Multi-player with my kids because I know I can kick their buns (14, 12 and 10) and it is nice in a 4-way because my oldest usually takes out the other two and I take him out (I don't have the heart to stomp on the little-ones). I have played against my oldest (25) and he does present ...
by DeejMaster
05 Jan 2007, 05:13
Topic: Map Pack
Views: 4377

Now that would be cool, eh? Annif the whole package is unzipped, doncha know, we don't have to unzip the individual maps!
by DeejMaster
03 Jan 2007, 04:23
Topic: HOMM5: Seas, Skies & Winds
Replies: 10
Views: 6825

Regarding the appearance of your Seas, Lakes and Oceans...The way I make mine look like they have depth is really quite simple: After you have made your body of water (not with your river tool!), you paint the edges and bottom with the Sand/Rock texture, nice and solid. Now, switch to your Lava/Dead...
by DeejMaster
03 Jan 2007, 04:04
Topic: Subterranean gates
Views: 3696

I know that there are at least 3 anomalies (spelling?) with the maps, at least 2 on the 1st level and one on the subterranean level. They resemble a 1 grid pyramid that is either indented or extended and no matter what, can't seem to get rid of them. They are located near the centers of the maps. Ma...
by DeejMaster
03 Jan 2007, 03:37
Forum: News
Topic: Heroic Surprises in 2007
Replies: 34
Views: 7767

Heroic Surprises in 2007

Oooo, they will revise the Map Editor so that scripting is much like that of HMM III Map Editor.
by DeejMaster
17 Dec 2006, 20:32
Topic: so who is still making XL maps?
Replies: 30
Views: 9546

I have always made XL maps because a little bit of everything can be thrown in, however; I don't see me making any maps that require scripting knowledge. Not only does it does take me forever to create a Map, but I can't image how long it would take if I had to script everything.
by DeejMaster
17 Dec 2006, 20:21
Topic: Object and "craig" intersection?
Replies: 6
Views: 6134

I have a buck-load of those "Crag" errors as well, however; most of them are in areas that are relatively flat. At first, I thought maybe some objects were supposed to be placed facing a "South" direction, because when I rotated and positioned them, there was an anomaly that bord...

Go to advanced search