Search found 45 matches

by Bahototh
10 Nov 2011, 19:34
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 95795

H VI

I'm a bit sad to say that Heroes VI is the first game in the series that I don't expect anything from. I think you develop a tiny gut feeling for the games coming out, and based on the response so far, they seem to indeed have "dumbed" it down a level. I'm still enjoying heroes V, and the ...
by Bahototh
27 Mar 2011, 07:52
Topic: Last faction - Sanctuary
Replies: 134
Views: 62385

5th faction

friends, I agree that the ethnic style(s) is a bit forced. The only faction looking somewhat cool and in shape is necropolis in my opinion. I'd rather have new features and systems in the game, but traditional factions. (as oppose to rewamped factions and overstylistic themes). There's no denying th...
by Bahototh
02 Dec 2010, 07:13
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Heroes VI Pit Lord
Replies: 13
Views: 5208

Heroes VI Pit Lord

Well, one thing that is positive to me is that the "evil" factions actually look quite menacing and, well, evil. The Good races look shiny and warm. One could say that's a bit of retro-vibe. Sure, some of the new troops don't look too good, but when hasn't that been the case?
by Bahototh
12 Oct 2008, 06:59
Topic: Strategy question
Replies: 23
Views: 8147

H&R

Well, this topic is something I can't refuse to comment on; I don't think there's anything wrong with H&R tactics. They sting when you are subjected, but (as Jolly Joker pointed out) that's why certain troops have names that fit: Stalkers/Assassins. I'm sure people who fought through Heroes I - ...
by Bahototh
19 May 2008, 11:31
Topic: How do I counter Haggash?
Replies: 8
Views: 3560

Haggash

I have also experienced this sort of thing... I usually play academy, and build troops first and fast three stacks of genies can disable his shooters pretty easily but for haven that's a problem, no real casters to hinder his army when playing haven i always focus on war machines, leadership and tra...
by Bahototh
19 May 2008, 11:27
Topic: Should Aramageedon be removed in Heroes 6?
Replies: 14
Views: 6964

players from the east...:-)

I've beaten some. No counterattacks yet...

I would say magic resistance as high as you can get,
Reach his (weak?) troops fast, and of course sorcery to outcast him.
by Bahototh
03 Mar 2008, 16:39
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Nethack (was: Completely off-topic)
Replies: 1
Views: 1891

Nethack (was: Completely off-topic)

Just had to check if there are any Nethack-players 'round here...?

I'll make a vague connection; Games that don't require state of the art-graphics, and rely more on replayability.
by Bahototh
25 Feb 2008, 20:00
Topic: multiplayer scum
Replies: 10
Views: 3966

multiplayer scum

On what forum/where do you report misconduct on ubi.com?

last fight some a-hole left me hanging in tactics mode, after he practically lost.

some people...
by Bahototh
03 Feb 2008, 08:13
Topic: In general, which School of Magic is Strongest/Most Useful?
Replies: 41
Views: 12219

warlock dominance

I don't really agree with the rush warlock being so dominant. If you have a hero with expert sorcery, and the warlock doesn't, then you can gain the upper hand. If the warlock relies on for example direct destruction spells, then Galib with high level magic mirror holds up pretty well. And Barbarian...
by Bahototh
26 Jan 2008, 09:35
Topic: spectral dragon
Replies: 6
Views: 2981

Spectral Dragons ,moral

I guess deploying several stacks of Spectral dragons doesn't reduce morale further? Haven't tried this.
by Bahototh
16 Jan 2008, 16:43
Topic: playing online
Replies: 4
Views: 1875

Yeah, as said, people tend to disconnect directly after losing the first battle. Not people you know obviously, but it's frustrasting that even if you would give up to the other player, you have no choice if you want out.
by Bahototh
15 Jan 2008, 08:29
Topic: playing online
Views: 1875

playing online

It's so frustrating when you've just won a huge battle, and your opponent disconnects. There should be a button for simply conceding.
by Bahototh
11 Jan 2008, 07:26
Topic: TotE - Flamboyant exit
Replies: 2
Views: 2081

exit

Ok, now i got it. Just forgot to select the hero icon... ;|
by Bahototh
07 Jan 2008, 18:53
Topic: TotE - Flamboyant exit
Replies: 2
Views: 2081

TotE - Flamboyant exit

Does anybody know any tricks how to get kujin to stop before attacking the inferno castle? (as described by the walkthrough). I can get Freyda to do this, but I've tried a dozen times with Kujin w no results...?

Is there a favourable spot?

So close to finish...!
by Bahototh
07 Jan 2008, 14:22
Topic: Morale & Luck!?
Replies: 18
Views: 6298

Morale & Luck!?

From what I understand, (playing TotE) Morale and Luck goes to 10 now?
Or is that just for special occasions?
by Bahototh
04 Jan 2008, 08:35
Topic: Heroes VI Wishlist And Engine Poll
Replies: 75
Views: 20253

2d/3D

I also think it's a good idea to combine the best of graphics methods for future Homm games. I'm a bit nostalgic when it comes to graphics, and like the 2d kind with detailed, hand-drawn stuff. That said, I thought H5 is pretty good looking even if completely 3d. I think many of the Homm players out...
by Bahototh
28 Dec 2007, 09:35

map events

Not necesserily a building, but you could meet armies on the map that you could negotiate with. These could simply travel on the map, and you choose, if you like to interact with them. Merchant could sell artifacts/weapons. Also, It could be fun if there was nighttime/daytime implemented. travel at ...
by Bahototh
27 Dec 2007, 01:07

rants...

I remembered something I've wanted since maybe H3; More interactive stuff on the adventure map. I don't mean buildings, but for example moving characters. An example would be trading wagons, merchants selling stuff, armies for hire and such... these could appear once a month, or something like that....
by Bahototh
23 Dec 2007, 15:35

Wishes and what not

I actually like being given a new faction or two with add-ons, so for me the factions could be 6-8 from the start. But as many have said, I'd like a bit more theme-based factions. Also: I can't really pinpoint why, but in H2-3, the feeling of travelling on the map was much more fun. In H5 I don't ha...
by Bahototh
08 Oct 2007, 08:22
Topic: Heroes V online tournament?
Views: 2122

Online matches

I like the idea very mucho!
Would be cool to play if you know you're playing people from CH!

Go to advanced search