Search found 67 matches

by Neckie
01 Feb 2009, 22:37
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: How to perm. get things in the Game Database
Replies: 8
Views: 4897

I now create new resources in the tree and work from there (copying old files from the h5m containers) and changing the values that need it (like map hrefs)... So far it's actually working and everything gets stored in the \data folder. No idea yet how I'm every going to share that ;-) Maybe build ...
by Neckie
09 May 2008, 20:26
Topic: Checking to see if human or AI
Replies: 9
Views: 4373

see http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=25687

there are 2 methods there... my method is fine if you have an introduction messagebox while the other works for any situation.
by Neckie
27 Jan 2008, 17:31
Topic: DWARF BRIDGES in H5 TOE
Views: 4308

you have to put the .pak file in your HOMM 5/data directory. You can open the file with winrar but there is no need to.
by Neckie
23 Jan 2008, 13:55

You select the bridge segment and not the down_bridge segment. the dwarf bridge are bugged and always fly at the top of your screen.
by Neckie
22 Jan 2008, 22:33

See http://deep.phpwebhosting.com/~paradox/forums/index.php?showtopic=569&st=15 for the method to get them back. Or download my downobjects mod. (Don't click on the link directly it won't work... you have to replace elrath.co.uk/... by deep.phpwebhosting.com/~paradox/... ) Here is the link to th...
by Neckie
19 Jan 2008, 15:57
Topic: My campaign project
Replies: 3
Views: 2578

Neckie, You have earned my respect and it would be a privilege to be on your team. I will gladly check and edit all your text to correct your English mistakes. I found some people @ HC that wanted to help me so I don't really need another person to check the texts; sorry, i forgot to update my firs...
by Neckie
06 Jan 2008, 07:29
Topic: My campaign project
Views: 2578

My campaign project

I want to present my campaign project. It's a 3 maps campaign that will mostly focus on what you can improve your maps by scripting and modding. I'll focus on the visual effects more than retexturing. It will be released in English and in French. If someone want to translate it in a foreign language...
by Neckie
29 Dec 2007, 20:21
Topic: Witch hut scripting
Replies: 10
Views: 7348

Oops sorry my bad for the wrong code... thats the reason why i used multiple functions in my map. SetObjectEnabled("hut", nil); SetObjectEnabled("hut2", nil); visitedHut={} visitedHut2={} hero = 0 function WitchHut(heroName) if GetCurrentPlayer() == 1 or GetCurrentPlayer() == 2 t...
by Neckie
29 Dec 2007, 14:11

SetObjectEnabled("hut", nil); SetObjectEnabled("hut2", nil); visitedHut={} hero = 0 humanplayer = GetCurrentPlayer(); function WitchHut(heroName) if GetCurrentPlayer() == humanplayer then hero = heroName; if visitedHut[hero]~=1 and GetHeroSkillMastery(hero,1) <= 2 then QuestionB...
by Neckie
28 Dec 2007, 18:29

I updated my last post with the script you should copy and paste in your script (overwrite your last one) so that it works. There were 3 problems : 1- You changed GetMapDataPath().. for your map path but that function do it for yourself. If you really want the full path the correct syntax is "/...
by Neckie
28 Dec 2007, 03:48

SetObjectEnabled("hut", nil); visitedHut={} hero = 0 humanplayer = GetCurrentPlayer(); function WitchHut(heroName) if GetCurrentPlayer() == humanplayer then hero = heroName; if visitedHut[hero]~=1 and GetHeroSkillMastery(hero,1) <= 2 then QuestionBox(GetMapDataPath()..'HutFirstVisit.txt',...
by Neckie
27 Dec 2007, 14:41

You really should look at my All For One (HoF) map everything is there but here is what you want. humanplayer = GetCurrentPlayer(); visitedHut={} skills={"Logistics","Warmachines","Learning","Leadership","Luck","Offense","Defenseskill&...
by Neckie
15 Dec 2007, 23:54
Topic: H5 TOE - What are the artifact Set IDs?
Views: 2313

I don't have any credit i just know where to search hehe.

Just open data.pak\scripts\advmap-startup.lua or common.lua with notepad.

They're all in those files :)
by Neckie
15 Dec 2007, 13:30
Topic: H5 TOE - What are the artifact Set IDs?
Views: 2313

-- -- Artifact sets IDs (for basic artifact sets) -- (synchronized with RPGStats/ArtifactSets ) -- ARTIFACT_SET_DRAGONISH = 0 ARTIFACT_SET_DWARVEN = 1 ARTIFACT_SET_LIONS = 2 ARTIFACT_SET_MAGIS = 3 ARTIFACT_SET_NECROMANCERS = 4 ARTIFACT_SET_EDUCATIONAL = 5 ARTIFACT_SET_HUNTERS = 6 ARTIFACT_SET_OGRES ...
by Neckie
09 Dec 2007, 16:22
Topic: 2.1 : Subterrain objects removed
Replies: 6
Views: 6727

Don't know what you did that didn't work.... i have the files in F:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\data\MapObjects\_(AdvMapObjectLink)\Objects-Subterra for the bridges and F:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\data\MapObject...
by Neckie
27 Nov 2007, 14:16
Topic: 2.1 : Subterrain objects removed
Replies: 6
Views: 6727

See my post @ elrath :

http://elrath.co.uk/forums/index.php?s= ... ost&p=4357

Should work for HoF and TotE. If you can't make it work i'll make a mod that will make it work.
by Neckie
25 Nov 2007, 14:26
Topic: TotE town ID codes?
Replies: 2
Views: 2139

TOWN_HEAVEN = 0
TOWN_PRESERVE = 1
TOWN_ACADEMY = 2
TOWN_DUNGEON = 3
TOWN_NECROMANCY = 4
TOWN_INFERNO = 5
TOWN_FORTRESS = 6
TOWN_STRONGHOLD = 7

For all IDs go to : data.pak/scripts/ and open common.lua or advmap-startup.lua
by Neckie
14 Nov 2007, 00:34
Topic: Patch 1.4 removes objects from editor - how to get them back
Replies: 31
Views: 24807

Updated mapfilters for TotE :

http://elrath.co.uk/forums/index.php?s= ... ost&p=4357

Hope you like it! (might be big but its worth it)
by Neckie
02 Oct 2007, 12:36
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 224613

Anybody has a slightest idea how to organize a function that will trigger every time a battle starts and/or ends? As far as I know, there is now such trigger. I believe it can be arranged with touch object trigger, but that will require a lot of efforts, like assigning the trigger to EVERY creature...

Go to advanced search