To Angelspit

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Salamandre
Genie
Genie

To Angelspit

Unread postby Salamandre » 06 Mar 2009, 03:39

I emailed for about 4 months to submit my 3 WoG maps to celestial but never got any answer. Thats not fair from you after getting 1 experience point for your brute as my present.

Anyway, the maps are here

http://www.maps4heroes.com/heroes3/maps ... ze=&sort=3

Alexander the Great
The Empire of the World III
Time of Prophecy

The fourth is a crap, don't look at it.

They are way too big to attach them in a mail. Is CH interested?

Salamandre

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 06 Mar 2009, 17:43

lol at the brute reference. :D

I'm very sorry, I'm not sure why your maps keep getting lost in my inbox. I have your recent mail right over here. I'll take care of it in a few days,

Again, sorry about that.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Madaxe
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Map submittals for testing

Unread postby Madaxe » 07 Mar 2009, 17:03

Hi Angelspit. Is staff@celestialheavens.com still the correct email address for submitting maps? I have tried twice over the past couple of weeks to email two maps and have never heard anything back. Just wondering if it is related to the original posters issue?

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 16 Mar 2009, 00:39

When submitting a map, it would be a good idea to provide the minimap(s) and a screenshot along with the "read me" file and the map itself. I can tell it makes the uploader's life easier... :D
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 21 Mar 2009, 21:25

Vlaad II is right. Minimaps and screenshots are helpful. I also write a little something about the map(s) when I send them in too. Even something humorous just to take the edge off of the seriousness of it all.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 21 Mar 2009, 22:28

Why this is going into the wrong direction? It has nothing to do with screen shoots or whatever. The uploader life easier?

How's about the mapmaker who spent 600 hours to create his present to the community? it does not deserve an answer?

If the administrator needs screenshoots he can ask. But since there is a habit to not answer at any emails, we can live with.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 21 Mar 2009, 23:50

Sorry for going off topic, Salamandre. I thought you had already made your point so I just made a comment about the whole thing.

I agree with you... Actually, my previous post was a joke: I didn't send in the underground minimaps for some of my scenarios; sometimes those can be spoilers - but I also wanted to see if anybody actually checked those attachments... Needless to say, the CH staff trusts me so much that they never even opened my maps before uploading. :D But I'm sure it's because I'm awesome, it's not that the uploader was lazy. :devious: Just kidding, guys - I know it takes a lot of dedication and free time and we are all grateful for your great site and hard work.

I'm afraid that's how it goes - MapHaven gets closed, you send to CH... You wait for two weeks then give up and send to maps4heroes... Where somebody rates your map 1/10 to get his work into the spotlight... Then you submit to...

The level of activity went down in the entire Heroes community (HC is seemingly different, but it's mostly off topic chat). Hopefully H6 will be announced soon and all things will pick up, including uploading maps. :)
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Mar 2009, 19:21

I resolved the issue with my apologies and a desire to better handle my communications from now on! :)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 30 Mar 2009, 20:07

Leave AS alone, LEAVE HIM ALONE I SAY!!! *crawls underneath the blancet and cries*
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 31 Mar 2009, 11:38

What's a blancet? Is it good? Can I have one?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”