Heroes 4 Mapping

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 02 Mar 2006, 19:44

DaemianLucifer wrote:Well,seeing how HIV became such an excelent game just because of the talented mapmakers,I can only hope that HV will have its flaws removed by their skill as well.BUt if its not possible,then Ill stick with HIV maps that are still spawning in regular intervals.
That'll really depend on the map editor that goes with HoMM V. 'm still working on a campaign and I don't think it'll be finished when HoMM V comes out, so that'll come out later.
Grah!

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Mar 2006, 11:32

I will stay with H4 editor. H4 has a great campaign editor (choosing sites for every map and moving heroes from one campaign to another) and the fact that my heroes can fight gives me freedom to make realistic battle maps and RPG maps. Now when heroes are again cowards on the horse (lizard, elephant), I can only make strategy maps and I don't like that.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 05 Mar 2006, 15:17

Sauron wrote:I will stay with H4 editor. H4 has a great campaign editor (choosing sites for every map and moving heroes from one campaign to another) and the fact that my heroes can fight gives me freedom to make realistic battle maps and RPG maps. Now when heroes are again cowards on the horse (lizard, elephant), I can only make strategy maps and I don't like that.
I also like hero fighting, even superhero fighting as long as the enemy is though. But please, and the fact that my heroes can fight gives me freedom to make realistic battle maps a hero killing tons of L4 creatures on his own ain't realistic.
I'm back!!!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 05 Mar 2006, 16:13

Sauron wrote:Now when heroes are again cowards on the horse (lizard, elephant), I can only make strategy maps and I don't like that.
Well that's just how you see it, it's a bit less RPG but then again, you can still make RPG maps with heroes on the side lines; they are still involved in the rest of the game.
Grah!

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 05 Mar 2006, 17:48

The only RPG part that is disabled is the solo hero adventuring part.
Jethro the Thief cannot escape from the Palace Dungeon after 6 years of imprisonment in H5. Not unless he walks around with the skeleton of his former cell-mate :hoo:

For me, it depends whether H5 has scripting options similar to H4. If it doesn't; I probably won't be making H5 maps.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 05 Mar 2006, 17:56

Well a 'powerfull' editor would sure be nice.

I'm hoping for an editor with the scripting system of the HoMM IV one (maybe with copy/paste ability) and a graphical interface like the editor that's with Impossible Creatures (an RTS in 3D, the esthetics you can make with that editor are just beautifull! The game itself isn't really beautifull)
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Mar 2006, 15:03

Thelonious wrote:
Sauron wrote:Now when heroes are again cowards on the horse (lizard, elephant), I can only make strategy maps and I don't like that.
Well that's just how you see it, it's a bit less RPG but then again, you can still make RPG maps with heroes on the side lines; they are still involved in the rest of the game.
You also wont be able to make a map with a creature as a main character,which was also an excelent feature of HIV.

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 06 Mar 2006, 17:49

H5 Should have an 'Object Editor' like in Warcraft 3. That game has the most powerful editor I've ever seen. Especially with the Frozen Throne expansion, you can even import custom models and make a hero that looks like yourself if you're good with milkshape.
I'm back!!!

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”