No water in caves?

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
John.Galt
Pixie
Pixie

No water in caves?

Unread postby John.Galt » 04 Oct 2008, 20:06

Why doesn't the editor let you have water in caves... this is dumb.

there is water in caves all the time.........
I swear - by my life, and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 04 Oct 2008, 20:12

What? Sure you can have water in caves, just paint it with "Water" in the rivers tileset.

You can't just use the "Water" elevation tool because caverns are already at the lowest elevation available (while overground maps are one level higher).

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 04 Oct 2008, 20:32

You can also raise elevation in the undergroud so you should be able to use the other kind of water on the ground that you raise. I've only used the river water underground though.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 04 Oct 2008, 21:25

Which Heroes game are you talking about?
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 04 Oct 2008, 21:41

Heroes 5 ;)

It would be nice for all users to write at the title [H5] or [H3] etc to prevent confusion :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

John.Galt
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby John.Galt » 05 Oct 2008, 03:04

Sorry, I just assume everyone is on H5... I didn't think about the rivers tileset... I always just use the elevation tool
I swear - by my life, and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”