Day of the Thief & I'm back!

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Day of the Thief & I'm back!

Unread postby cherko » 11 Feb 2006, 17:54

Yeah, Cherko (the mapmaker who never managed to finish a decent map, cuz everybody who's played the map I've made knows its a joke) is back!!! And now with WoW!!! So I'll be making a new map, called Day of the Thief (Please tell me if that name is taken, I hope it's not)
This brand-new 2-lvl XL map is inspired by my favourite maps of all time, Life on the Volcano and Draconic. I'm gonna post features and screenshots later, and I will release a few demos to keep the project alive. I will keep you informed about the progress at least once a week.
Cool forums btw. And if you wonder where I've been, I can tell you I've been playing Warcraft 3. Hopefully, my noobishness is gone, so I'll be able to entertain yah with a few good maps.

And one more thing: Having been to some WC3 forums, I can easily say that these forums are extremely well-mannered!
I'm back!!!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Day of the Thief & I'm back!

Unread postby Thelonious » 11 Feb 2006, 22:44

cherko wrote:Cool forums btw. And if you wonder where I've been, I can tell you I've been playing Warcraft 3.

And one more thing: Having been to some WC3 forums, I can easily say that these forums are extremely well-mannered!
Warcraft 3? Gotten a little addicted?

Anyway, of course these forums are cool and well mannered; we've got great moderators and great people.
Grah!

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 12 Feb 2006, 04:02

Sorry to be a little off topic here, Cherko, but I think the reason why every one here is so well mannered, is because every one believes that any HoMM game is great and we are very serious about anything related to the game. Be it from map making to tweaking the game just a little. We don't want chatter, we want results. :-) And results benefit everyone playing HoMM. Good luck on your map btw. I don't have H4 but I wish you the best of luck with it.

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 12 Feb 2006, 17:42

Good luck yourself, whatever you be doing. OK. Day of the Thief is gonna take several months to make, so in the meantime, I'm working on a Planeswalker inspired campaign called The Matchstick Man, with mostly small maps so It'll be finished in one month.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Feb 2006, 20:10

ByteBandit wrote: We don't want chatter, we want results. :-)
Yeah, even the endless spa-- ahem, chattering in the Campfire has its purpose!

On a more on-topic note, good luck with your mapmaking projects, cherko!
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 Feb 2006, 09:51

Yeah, good luck to you ;)

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 15 Feb 2006, 19:43

cherko wrote:Good luck yourself, whatever you be doing. OK. Day of the Thief is gonna take several months to make, so in the meantime, I'm working on a Planeswalker inspired campaign called The Matchstick Man, with mostly small maps so It'll be finished in one month.
Isn't that very confusing - not to mention delaying your new campaign?
Grah!

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”