Evergreen maps

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Evergreen maps

Unread postby Metathron » 06 Feb 2006, 01:39

Do you have a favourite map that you keep playing above all others, cause it has that special spark? :hoo:

This question spans all of the heroes games.

For me, in H2 this was "Broken Alliance" and "The War of the Ring", in H3 "Buried Treasure" and in H4 "Sea Politics". I've played all of these countless times and still do.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Re: Evergreen maps

Unread postby Psychobabble » 06 Feb 2006, 02:21

Metathron wrote:H4 "Sea Politics". I've played all of these countless times and still do.
Hmm, we don't seem to have this map, is it in english? If so could you tell me where it is so I can contact the map-maker about hosting it? thanks.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 06 Feb 2006, 03:17

For me in H3, I like Ad Hominen (A French map) and Fallen Star the most. I always play those a lot. And also Eight Player Cutthroat for H3 as well. Whenever I have to reboot for any reason and have to start over, I make sure these maps are always in my map folder.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Re: Evergreen maps

Unread postby Vlaad II » 06 Feb 2006, 08:43

Psychobabble wrote:
Metathron wrote:H4 "Sea Politics". I've played all of these countless times and still do.
Hmm, we don't seem to have this map, is it in english? If so could you tell me where it is so I can contact the map-maker about hosting it? thanks.
Wasn't that an official map?

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 06 Feb 2006, 15:47

Yeah I thik so to, but PB probably threw away all of those - he's gotta rate all those custom maps.
Grah!

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 06 Feb 2006, 23:45

I played Vel's Draco about 6 or 8 times. Never could finish it, even on the game I gave up and started cheating. It's no FUN to cheat.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 07 Feb 2006, 00:22

Thelonious wrote:Yeah I thik so to, but PB probably threw away all of those - he's gotta rate all those custom maps.
Heh, i always forget about them. I've got and have played most of the cd maps but they aren't particularly memorable imo.

asja
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby asja » 10 Feb 2006, 15:07

Hourglass XL*(lots of action,few text,great design),Ultima(funny text-with Necros especially) and To Kill for Power(after SoD's Rise of the Necromancer campaign,most interesting I've played-What a story!) are my favorits.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 10 Feb 2006, 17:32

Psychobabble wrote:
Thelonious wrote:Yeah I thik so to, but PB probably threw away all of those - he's gotta rate all those custom maps.
Heh, i always forget about them. I've got and have played most of the cd maps but they aren't particularly memorable imo.
The maps I listed are all fun and replayable for me, though I should say I've modified them to give them an added kick.

I would say it all depends on what a particular player is looking for. For example, I've tried a couple of the maps on your top 10 picks and didn't enjoy them particularly. Like I said, it's all a matter of taste, and there's not much sense quarrelling about that. :)
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 19 Feb 2006, 17:31

Life on the Volcano, Vodeiran's Return and of course DRACONIC!

Psycho, I can't belive u haven't reviewed Vodeiran's Return! It's awesome! It's actually based upon Sea Politics, so you might wanna check it out, Metathron!

Draconic - simply the greatest map ever made, both in graphics and in gameplay.

Life on the Volcano can be found on www.maps4heroes.com
The graphics are bad and there's a *LOT* of spelling errors, so imagine how good the gameplay must be for me to think it's one of the best maps ever made. CUz' IT IS!
I'm back!!!

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 19 Feb 2006, 18:00

Why does everybody love Draconic but me...?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Feb 2006, 18:06

The thing that is so good about the draconic is its replayability.You could play it dozen times,and every time it would be different.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 19 Feb 2006, 19:10

Crusard wrote:Why does everybody love Draconic but me...?
You've got a different taste probably...
Grah!

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 19 Feb 2006, 22:38

Thelonious wrote:
Certainly it is about tastes...

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 20 Feb 2006, 01:42

Actually I don't like it either, but I agree that it's a nice piece of work.

My all-time favorite is Broken Alliance. I think that map should have been in every Heroes game as a standard map to be able to make comparisons of the different games.

That map is great, I think a good Heroes game will always be fun on it, and it can be made big enough to have plenty of room to show what's available in the new episodes.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 20 Feb 2006, 12:41

Time's Up from H3 AB. Kind of liked the closed design with safe towns and open center. I guess the map reflects in some of my own especially H3 ones.

cherko
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby cherko » 20 Feb 2006, 17:29

Crusard wrote:
Thelonious wrote:
Certainly it is about tastes...
Sorry for questioning your own personal tastes, but I just don't see how anybody could not love Draconic! It's simply friggin' great!

Oh, and I forgot to mention... The Adventures of Wren! OK, the storyline is bad, but it's a great map, if it wasn't for the difficulty :( I wanna play that Arundel map but it's too hard! I always get stuck on the first death knight there. Why don't people make these kinds of heavily scripted RPG's any longer? I can only think of... 2. The Adventures of Wren and My Brothers Keeper, which I have yet to play.
I'm back!!!

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”