My campaign project

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Neckie
Peasant
Peasant

My campaign project

Unread postby Neckie » 06 Jan 2008, 07:29

I want to present my campaign project. It's a 3 maps campaign that will mostly focus on what you can improve your maps by scripting and modding. I'll focus on the visual effects more than retexturing. It will be released in English and in French. If someone want to translate it in a foreign language you can contact me, but its a long time before the first beta.

The storyline is still in development and since a good map come with a good story, we need to spend more time on it. I'm not very good at this thats why I have a few people that are helping me with this project (from the French community).

Here is what we have now :
After being told by the Sovereign to conquer a rival clan, Biara sets sail and moves toward the enemy territory. While passing through the frozen islands, controlled by a dwarven illusionist, a terrible storm makes her boat sink near an archipelagos. She luckily avoid death along with some of her sisters and she must now go through many obstacles to finally complete her mission.

Current project members are :

Me, project leader, main mapper and modder
Spazz, second mapper
Winfola, storyline, French translation
Shadow of Death, storyline

The campaign will include :
- Heavily scripted maps and combats
- Many puzzle to complete
- A lot of hidden stuff for you to find
- Some retexturing
- A unique ambiance
- Unique heroes abilities
- Dialog scenes

And a lot more.

The gameplay will be like a RPG as there won't be any castle. This means that you will have limited troop support and it will focus on the heroes abilities.

I'll provide a new .exe just like the DM map so that the campaign doesn't affect your game with its modifications.

Here are some pictures :

ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImage

I started this project this summer but only went "public" in September in the French community (Here) to find some help. Now I'm releasing this here cause the project is still going very slow and I'm in need of some help. Even though I started this project a while ago, it's still very far to be completed since I don't have a lot of time to work on it.
Last edited by Neckie on 19 Jan 2008, 16:00, edited 1 time in total.

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 18 Jan 2008, 15:25

Neckie,

You have earned my respect and it would be a privilege to be on your team. I will gladly check and edit all your text to correct your English mistakes.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 18 Jan 2008, 17:14

The campaign looks cool! Can't wait for it to be released :D
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Neckie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Neckie » 19 Jan 2008, 15:57

rdeford wrote:Neckie,

You have earned my respect and it would be a privilege to be on your team. I will gladly check and edit all your text to correct your English mistakes.
I found some people @ HC that wanted to help me so I don't really need another person to check the texts; sorry, i forgot to update my first post. BUT, since you are interested in helping me, I might find something for you to do :). I'll contact you by PM in some time to discuss how we could cooperate.
Akul wrote:The campaign looks cool! Can't wait for it to be released :D
Hehe, it might be in a while but i'll try to give it more time so that its completed in a reasonable time.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”