Leprechaun
Leprechaun

console in TotE - troubleshooting

Unread postby mweil86 » 20 Dec 2007, 00:49

Anyone else having problems using the console in TOE? I've inserted

setvar dev_console_password = schwinge-des-todes

in all autoexec.cfg files and

bind show_console '`'

in all input.cfg files including the TOE files. What could be the problem?

Thanks.

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 04 Jan 2008, 18:34

I was able to get the console to work just fine in TOE. I followed the same procedure you say you followed. I suggest that you make sure that you modified the input.cfg file for the same player profile that you are using to play the game with. (I've made this error myself a few times so I know it's easy to do.) And, make sure you are modifying the TOE files not the HOF files.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

JagoBC
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JagoBC » 16 Feb 2008, 18:57

Can anyone point me to the step-by-step instructions for displaying the console? I recall I did this back with HOF, but I have forgotten how.

Thanks.

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 16 Feb 2008, 20:33

JagoBC wrote:Can anyone point me to the step-by-step instructions for displaying the console? I recall I did this back with HOF, but I have forgotten how.
I answered this question on your other posting.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

Ernest Holmes 1984

mweil86
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

missing profiles

Unread postby mweil86 » 10 Oct 2009, 01:17

The player profiles are missing from my profile folder. There is only a 'default profile' which contains the input cfg file but changing this does not enable the console because I am using a different profile. I've tried creating new profiles but new folders do not appear. Any idea why this happens or how I can enable the console?

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Re: missing profiles

Unread postby rdeford » 22 Oct 2009, 23:24

mweil86 wrote:The player profiles are missing from my profile folder. There is only a 'default profile' which contains the input cfg file but changing this does not enable the console because I am using a different profile. I've tried creating new profiles but new folders do not appear. Any idea why this happens or how I can enable the console?
The player profiles are in your MyGames folder inside either the TOE or HOF folders depending on which game you are playing. Here is the path to my TOE Tester profile as it is on my computer: C:\DATA\My Games\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\Profiles\Tester\user_a2.cfg

If you are creating Profiles, then they will be there. In this example, I modified the user_a2.cfg file. Then, when I opened a map in the game, I selected the Tester profile to play it with. No problems with opening the console.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

Ernest Holmes 1984

mweil86
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mweil86 » 23 Oct 2009, 19:32

On my computer, in the path C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\profiles the only folder that appears is called "default_profile" even though I have created other profiles. The autoexec_a2.cfg file is located in the "profiles" folder while the only input_a2.cfg file is located is this "default_profile" folder.

What do you mean you modified the user_a2.cfg file? I thought it was just the autoexec and input files that you modify.

Franzy
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Franzy » 23 Oct 2009, 22:43

Your profile is kept in your DOCUMENTS folder, not in the GAME folder.

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 23 Oct 2009, 23:28

Franzy wrote:Your profile is kept in your DOCUMENTS folder, not in the GAME folder.
Sorry for the confusion. On my computer, I have renamed the Documents folder as the DATA folder. Franzy is correct (as usual) in that the H5 installation process puts a special H5 folder into your My Games folder, which is in your My Documents folder, not the folder where you installed the game.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

Ernest Holmes 1984

mweil86
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby mweil86 » 24 Oct 2009, 00:50

Got it. Thanks.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”