can`t delete heroes?

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

can`t delete heroes?

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 13 Dec 2007, 09:44

maybe a bit of a stupid question but a have one stupi problem when making map,about placing heroes on the map.
Now I created map and other things,but when I want to put hero on the map everything just gets messy,the hero that i create and PUT on the map is randomly change as soon as I put him on the grass,and not only that,but when I click on the map to put him,another one is also placed on the map,no matter that I dont see him??!! On the left side,(there where it is writen objects,heroes,etc things are,I click right click and delete the hero (who is not the one that I created) but nothing happens. I then try to save the map and then comes that error report that I have put 10!!! heroes on wrong place and that they have problems with army,how is that possible when I click only one time,and I cant see anybody of that heroes??Little complicated to explain a hope you can understand my problem.

Another question is how can I delete forest as example or some other object?
sorry if this are noob questions,but I searched the editor manuals and didnt find the answers.
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 13 Dec 2007, 11:47

What version of HoMM ?

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 13 Dec 2007, 13:27

Heroes of might and magic V, version 1.6
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 14 Dec 2007, 01:10

Wow! 8| Nice bug. Try the delete button on the keyboard.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 14 Dec 2007, 16:19

First of all, make sure your game is completely updated to 1.6. Early versions of the editor, I am told, had problems. Then, use the H5 editor .exe file to launch the H5 editor directly instead of double-clicking your map or using the auto-run menu.

To place a hero on the map, left click on the Object.Heros tab on the right side of the editor screen (Tools Panel). Left click on the type of hero you wish to place. Move the cursor over to the map terrain area. It should turn into a red hero cursor. Left click on any free space on the map to place a hero, then immediately press the Exc key to get the simple selection cursor. (Pressing the Esc key prevents you from placing another hero every time you left click, which is what I suspect is happening to you to cause your problems.)

To remove an object you've placed on your map, get the simple selection cursor by pressing the Esc key. Then, point at the graphical center of the object you wish to delete and left click. The object will turn red if you've hit the right spot. Then, press the delete key on the keyboard. To delete multiple objects, simply left click and drag the selection rectangle across several objects. They will turn red. Release the mouse button. Press the delete key on the keyboard.

I hope this information helps.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”