Allied Maps in ToE

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Grey Pilgrim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Allied Maps in ToE

Unread postby Grey Pilgrim » 19 Oct 2007, 15:53

Here's a copy of what I just posted over in the Heroes 5 forum...can anyone supply any additional information...?

Grey Pilgrim:
"Ok, this is somewhat related...forgive my ignorance, but how do you get the multiplayer maps (which appear as choices when you run the game) to appear in the ToE Maps folder (from where they can be altered to become allied games)? I see all the map names when I play the game, but the ToE Maps folder is empty, and so is the map editor when I try to "Open" a map to edit it to team play. Thanks for your help."

Gaping_MAW:
"I don't have TOTE yet, but I'm guessing they didn't leave the maps as h5m files (did the same in HOF)... you'll probably have to hope someone can extract them into h5m files for you. It's not a simple process.

Grey Pilgrim:
"That's lovely (sigh)...so, if I'm understanding you correctly, the Maps folder created during the installation of ToE is totally useless, since the game is not looking in the Maps folder to find h5m maps, like HoF does, but is looking at some other location to find maps that are pak files, or something similar, and that these pak files (or whatever they are) cannot be edited in the ToE map editor until someone extracts them. Then, they can be put in the Maps folder...which ToE will not look at anyway, and so they will be totally useless there... Is that about what I'm looking at here?? (sigh)"

Any information is greatly appreciated...I mostly play allied hot seat games with friends...

Gaping_MAW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gaping_MAW » 24 Oct 2007, 04:35

on the main heroes forum (ubi) there is a french chap who's extracted the maps for allied play into a pak file. We just need someone to stick the english files in. If someone can do that I'll host the file on my gaming groups web page (and I assume CH would pick it up too).

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”