Is it possible to play the original campaign in HOF?

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Is it possible to play the original campaign in HOF?

Unread postby Grail Quest » 20 Jul 2007, 16:24

I was wondering if anyone has already done this: Tweaking the files so that HOF will recognize and allow loading the Original Campaign, to be played with whatever new interface and innovations are in HOF.

The individual maps for the Original Campaign are available, and I tried opening the individual files, but it appears that if there is only one player, the game will not be created (e.g., Haven campaign 1, "The Queen"). Without a campaign framework, however, it's unlikely that heroes will get exported properly anyway.

Neckie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Neckie » 20 Jul 2007, 19:48

Those individual maps are available because of me :)

See my post http://deep.phpwebhosting.com/~paradox/ ... wtopic=678

Then ask your questions if you have any

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 21 Jul 2007, 04:18

Ah hah!
Thank you for the link! I actually did try what it suggested, only I put the modified file in the dataa1 folder instead of Maps.

I've now put it as a .h5m in maps, and I can call up the campaigns in-game, so it looks okay so far.
However, there are subtle differences: For example, if you watch both intro movies for The Queen, you will notice in the battle scene that when the succubi retaliate against the crossbowmen and the chain shot goes through the squires, under HOF the squires all fall and jump back up later to shield against the cerebuses. In regular HOMM5, the squires don't fall down.

In any case, I think I'll play at least the first campaign in HOF to see what it is like.

Thank you again!

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Problem in Necromancer Campaign Mission 3

Unread postby Grail Quest » 03 Aug 2007, 14:43

Just a warning for anyone else wanting to try playing the original campaign in HOF:
Necromancer Campaign 3 becomes bugged. Cursed Academies do not become Necropolises, but instead become Sylvan treehouses.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”