mapmaking and playing problem

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
dark raider
Pixie
Pixie

mapmaking and playing problem

Unread postby dark raider » 26 Jun 2007, 13:20

I have made a map my self...really cool...and I have played it before... the when I played I discovered some mistakes...wich is always there the first time... anyway I have corrected those mistakes and wanted to play it again...but now I can't... everytime it is about to load the map after i selected wich faction etc...the game crashes...it comes with the windows message that this game has found an error etc... send don't send....etc... why the f*** can't I play my own map anymore..

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 26 Jun 2007, 14:30

For the lovs of the God, say about which game you are talking about!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 26 Jun 2007, 21:46

Hmm...sounds like Heroes 5 (not sure if Heroes 4 has factions).

In any case, I have no idea what's wrong. :sad:
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 26 Jun 2007, 22:11

I bet that it will be WoG. Yes, darkrider? ;)

Important question is which scripts you are using (wogification options - you may try to change them), fact that map is crashing immediately after start indicate critical error. Hmm, which tools did you used for? Or what is content of your script?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 26 Jun 2007, 23:11

This is a common problem people asking for help but not saying which game they need help with.

There are also a few changes you can make in H-IV that will cause crashing.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

leana
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HOMM5 desesperate wannabe mapmaker

Unread postby leana » 27 Jun 2007, 17:17

bouhouhou.. 2 days now that i'm trying to be clever:no way...I created a small HOF map for my friends (humor, private jokes...etc)
I know nothing about scripts and programming, and im very angry against NIVAL ...I used to make maps on another HOMM (don't remember which one but it was much easier:u just had to bury an event under the ground and ppl triggered it when stepping on it..WHY did they change that??)
I already gave up MessageBox (i have copied/paste and nothing works )Well, im french and maybe i don't get subtilities in english..dunno..
I noticed monsters can speak AFTER been beaten (how stupid is that?) so i use it to get my messages to the player, and the signposts:-( Pathetic ...
What i only want now is setting ONE and only ONE objective: grab the graal..I built my map with 3 players (1 human, 1 can choose, 1 only computer)And i put 'build graal' everywhere in the tree (all players and the main story) but i always get'kill them all' when i play it:-(
i want to team player0(human) with player2 (comp for now)against player1(comp)
I want 'kill them all 'removed because i can't play partners ! And i really don't get how to 1st remove all pre written tasks before setting mine..I hope you guys understand what i mean?
This is ssooooo complicated! Why not let us have a blank message and write with real WORDS what we want and then place it on the map?pffff
I was wondering why there were so few of my favourite maps (RPG/solo)with HOMM5...I understand now: you have to be a computer ingeneer!
How segregative and frustrating!
Anyway, i admire more and more ppl like Myythryyn (which is by far my favorite!)now that i had a ( frustrated) look at the so heavily hated 'scripts'..pfff
So any genius just to tell me (maybe with a picture?) how to get rid of 'kill them all' objective? Or in other words, how to have only one objective for everyone in the map'build graal'?thanks a lot in advance!

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”