plzzz... need help (enable/disable heroes...)

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
fiur
Pixie
Pixie

plzzz... need help (enable/disable heroes...)

Unread postby fiur » 12 May 2007, 11:26

Hi I need urgent help form you master map makers out there (maybe like GOW or so...)
I got my map (forgotten kingdoms)
I've enabled and disabled some heroes... but when I start the game some of the disabled one shows up and some of the enabled one does'nt :(

if someone knows whats wrong with the map please help me... :)
here is the map:
http://www.the-genies-lamp.com/fiur/stu ... ms_1.5.zip

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: plzzz... need help (enable/disable heroes...)

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 12 May 2007, 15:54

fiur wrote:I got my map (forgotten kingdoms)
I've enabled and disabled some heroes... but when I start the game some of the disabled one shows up and some of the enabled one does'nt :(

Can you give more details? Which specific heroes did you disable that are showing up or enable that are not showing up (in the tavern?)

Did you place random heroes? Did you place prisons with random heroes?

Edit: You forgot to specify the heroe in the prison at 51,51 even though you checked the custom box. I have not tested to see what the result of that is when the prison is captured. You may want to check that.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 12 May 2007, 17:02

I cannot help you with that, but the map in the CH database has been updated to 1.5.

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Re: plzzz... need help (enable/disable heroes...)

Unread postby fiur » 12 May 2007, 18:20

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:
fiur wrote:I got my map (forgotten kingdoms)

Can you give more details? Which specific heroes did you disable that are showing up or enable that are not showing up (in the tavern?)

Did you place random heroes? Did you place prisons with random heroes?

Edit: You forgot to specify the heroe in the prison at 51,51 even though you checked the custom box. I have not tested to see what the result of that is when the prison is captured. You may want to check that.

GOW
ty for your time GOW......
here is the list of disabled heroes:
Biara (as Saint Isabel), Deleb, Findan, Isabel, King Tolghar, Markal, Maahir, Nur, Raelag, Sovereign, Wulfstan, Wyngaal and Zehir
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
but still Raelag shows up in the sel. screen and not Lethos....
and I tried to put Sovereign in the priston but same results.. arghh!

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 12 May 2007, 19:29

Biara (as Saint Isabel), Deleb, Findan, Isabel, King Tolghar, Markal, Maahir, Nur, Raelag, Sovereign, Wulfstan, Wyngaal and Zehir
How many of those heroes are showing up in a given playthrough to the game?

I see that the Prison is actually blocked off. You have the Instant Travel spell disabled and I could not get to it by boat so that would not be the problem.

Are you using any mods? I believe there is a mod that makes all heroes available on all maps. If you are using any mods remove them and try restarting the map in single player mode so you can quickly restart the mission. Restart a bunch of times and see if any of those heroes are available in the tavern.

While you are at it also move all other maps out of the folder since it is possible for a mapmaker to make changes that affect all maps if he tries to edit certain things and is not careful.

Other than that , I don't see how disabled heroes would be appearing. You have them unchecked in the heroes properties tab.

Edit: I just checked and I am unable to select those heroes from the tavern. I am suprised at some of the heroes that you disabled and some you left if you were doing that for balance reasons.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fiur » 12 May 2007, 20:30

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:
How many of those heroes are showing up in a given playthrough to the game?

I see that the Prison is actually blocked off. You have the Instant Travel spell disabled and I could not get to it by boat so that would not be the problem.

Are you using any mods? I believe there is a mod that makes all heroes available on all maps. If you are using any mods remove them and try restarting the map in single player mode so you can quickly restart the mission. Restart a bunch of times and see if any of those heroes are available in the tavern.

While you are at it also move all other maps out of the folder since it is possible for a mapmaker to make changes that affect all maps if he tries to edit certain things and is not careful.

Other than that , I don't see how disabled heroes would be appearing. You have them unchecked in the heroes properties tab.

Edit: I just checked and I am unable to select those heroes from the tavern. I am suprised at some of the heroes that you disabled and some you left if you were doing that for balance reasons.

GOW
well you are not suppose to get to the priston area.... :)
and no I'm not using any mods... and yes I only got that map in the /map folder....
and I'm talking about the screen where you select town/hero..... thats the problem.... Raelag is there but not Lethos...??!!!
I don't have any clue at all on this one...... (when I playtest somethimes Lethos shows up in the tavern....??!! but not when I select start hero.... this is really annoying!

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 12 May 2007, 21:33

Ok, I unchecked all the boxes and then rechecked them (for the heroes). Then Lethos became available.

I believe that one (or more) heroe boxes are mislabeled. I will leave the chore of finding out which of the boxes are mislabeled up to you. :)

GOW

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fiur » 12 May 2007, 23:17

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Ok, I unchecked all the boxes and then rechecked them (for the heroes). Then Lethos became available.

I believe that one (or more) heroe boxes are mislabeled. I will leave the chore of finding out which of the boxes are mislabeled up to you. :)

GOW
first of all GOW thank you for your time and effort!!!
I've done that too.... but no luck so far... (I've unchecked all.... checked all.... and reset... but still here is the result:

these heroes does'nt show up:

Haven: Klaus, Inferno: Alastor, Necro: Vladimir, Sylvan: Wyngaal, Dungeon: Lethos, Academy: Faiz and Fortress: Erling....

I still got no clue after several hours deep inside the map editor
(maybe there is a bug with my editor?..... :( )

(if you can get all "normal" heroes to show up in the hearo selection screen plz tell me.... then I may need to reinstall my game?
(if you try to "reset" heroes so they all shows up except the campaigns one)
:Edit... :
I made a new map and there everything works fine with the dis./enable heroes... ???? :(

:Edit2: Just uninstallesd/Installed the game (with all patches....)
Same result... :( bad bad thing... seems to me that I'm cursed here.... :(

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 13 May 2007, 00:30

This is what I got this time:
Klaus: there
Inferno: Alastor NOT
Necro: Vladmir NOT
Sylvan: Wyngaal NOT
Dungeon: Lethos (strange he showed up before) NOT
Academy: Faiz NOT
Fortress: Erling NOT

Quite strange. I really don't know what is going on at this point.

Have you always had this problem with the map or did it just start/just notice it?

If the problem was not always there, what did you do to the map prior to noticing the problem?

I looked at a couple of the problem heroes' properties and noticed no difference from the other heroes.

GOW

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

yes I found the error!!!

Unread postby fiur » 13 May 2007, 14:56

after spending several hours (as you already know) I found the "hero" bug
and as you can guess there was several entries like this... first I tried to delete them but then the whole map got *ucked up... so I just change the player id to PLAYER_1 instead of None.... and then open the map in the editor and delete them now everything works fine....
(I had 7-8 entries like the one below....)
I'm so glad now!!! yeahhh

error on my map here is what I found in the map.xdb file:

</AdvMapHero>
</Item>
<Item href="https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/8/6355?p=145285#n:inline(AdvMapHero)" id="item_6F74295B-9133-4320-A17A-F486C8645C9D">
<AdvMapHero>
<Pos>
<x>29</x>
<y>64</y>
<z>0</z>
</Pos>
<Rot>0</Rot>
<Floor>0</Floor>
<Name/>
<CombatScript/>
<pointLights/>
<Shared href="/MapObjects/Inferno/Sovereign.(AdvMapHeroShared).xdb#xpointer(/AdvMapHeroShared)"/>
<PlayerID>PLAYER_NONE</PlayerID>
<Experience>0</Experience>
<armySlots/>
<artifactIDs/>
<isUntransferable/>
<Editable>
<NameFileRef href="/"/>
<BiographyFileRef href="/"/>
<Offence>0</Offence>
<Defence>0</Defence>
<Spellpower>0</Spellpower>
<Knowledge>0</Knowledge>
<skills/>
<perkIDs>
<Item>HERO_SKILL_FRENZY</Item>
</perkIDs>
<spellIDs/>
<Ballista>false</Ballista>
<FirstAidTent>false</FirstAidTent>
<AmmoCart>false</AmmoCart>
<FavoriteEnemies/>
</Editable>
<OverrideMask>0</OverrideMask>
<PrimarySkillMastery>MASTERY_BASIC</PrimarySkillMastery>
<LossTrigger>
<Action>
<FunctionName/>
</Action>
</LossTrigger>
<AllowQuickCombat>true</AllowQuickCombat>
<Textures>
<Icon128x128/>
<Icon64x64/>
</Textures>
</AdvMapHero>

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 23 May 2007, 02:37

Rather than start a new thread, I'd thought I'd ask here:

Checking a 'campaign' hero in the 2.1 map editor does not guarantee that the hero will be offered on the game setup screen. Even with the Campaign Heroes mod and <AvailableHeroes/> I'm sometimes not seeing heroes like Findan/Heam or Rolf. However, on some maps checking these will cause them to appear. What's going on here? Is there some other control over campaign heroes?

Also, a few of the heroes are listed twice on the Heroes tab. What's with that?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”