H5 Editor map-objects

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Sarvi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

H5 Editor map-objects

Unread postby Sarvi » 17 Mar 2007, 02:31

Where are all the objects I've seen in peoples' maps? The underground statues of nude women, the Academy out-buildings, the walls and gates, etc., etc.
My editor does not show these objects in the lists under any of the categories, ie., sand, dirt, grass, subterrain, all-terrain, etc.

What am I missing?
Ach wie schoen das niemand weiss....

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 17 Mar 2007, 04:25

thats because nival had the incredibly brilliant idea of removing those objects from your menu.

nival decided that since those objects serve no purpose and were only used for decoration, then they must be removed, after all, who wants decoration for their maps.

this also for some reason falls into what nival calls "improving" the map editor by removing things from it.

well at least makrise came up with a solution, and here it is

http://elrath.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=569&st=0

follow the instructions and install the mod, you will then have all the "arena" and "conquest" objects that you mentioned back in your editor.
makrise's mod also organizes all your objects for you, and is incredibly useful.
funny how nival couldnt come up with something like this....

oh, make sure you go to the very last post on page two, there is a fix you should install.

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fiur » 25 Apr 2007, 06:58

need help it's urgent I've made a map with several "Arena Objects" on it......
but when I open up the map today all those Objects was gone ( I can see then in the Object list but not on the map......)
Can someone plz tell me what to do......??

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 25 Apr 2007, 11:28

fiur wrote:need help it's urgent I've made a map with several "Arena Objects" on it......
but when I open up the map today all those Objects was gone ( I can see then in the Object list but not on the map......)
Delete them from the object list and try to replace them. A few of the objects are "borders" that probably aren't really suited to placing in a map.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fiur » 26 Apr 2007, 20:09

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:
fiur wrote:need help it's urgent I've made a map with several "Arena Objects" on it......
Delete them from the object list and try to replace them. A few of the objects are "borders" that probably aren't really suited to placing in a map.

GOW
thank you for your reply GOW..... I does'nt know how to do what you explain ( I guess I must edtit the file... and delete then objects and put them back in.....)
the problem is:
I played the map (forgotten kingdoms) from a save last day....
just before the game I've installed H5+HoF all over again.. and then everything was back on tracks.. :)
but when we started the game all my "arena objects" was missing again.. :(
my opponent could see them all... this may be the problem: the h5tweak program.... (maybe)
I've done the whole thing over again today (without the h5tweak program)
now (so far) all works like it should... :) (none of my arena objects "borders")

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 27 Apr 2007, 23:52

fiur wrote:
Grumpy Old Wizard wrote: Delete them from the object list and try to replace them. A few of the objects are "borders" that probably aren't really suited to placing in a map.

GOW
thank you for your reply GOW..... I does'nt know how to do what you explain ( I guess I must edtit the file... and delete then objects and put them back in.....)
OK, just to make sure we're on the same page, you click on "view" and then on "Object List Panel" to bring up a list of the objects on the map.

Now to delete any object in the list, just left click on it to highlight it and hit the delete button on your keyboard. A confirmation question will come up so you don't accidentally delete something you didn't intend to.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fiur » 28 Apr 2007, 09:12

GOW[/quote]

[/quote]

OK, just to make sure we're on the same page, you click on "view" and then on "Object List Panel" to bring up a list of the objects on the map.

Now to delete any object in the list, just left click on it to highlight it and hit the delete button on your keyboard. A confirmation question will come up so you don't accidentally delete something you didn't intend to.

GOW[/quote]
Yes we are on the same page I've done that (several times) but none of the arena object shows up after I've done that... now I've reinstalled the game without the h5_tweak thing thats seems to work fine... :)

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”