Importing Downloaded Maps

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
celliottii
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Importing Downloaded Maps

Unread postby celliottii » 08 Mar 2007, 05:18

Ok...I'm feeling a bit ignorant here. I've always downloaded maps from other players during the entire HOMM series.

I've got HOMM5 (standard) and downloaded some standard maps from this site. I extracted the files and went to import them into the game, but couldn't find the folder to do so.

I'm following this track: C:Local Drive ->Program Files ->Ubisoft->HOMM5 -> Maps.

Now when I import into the Maps folder, the games do not show up when I load up the game...just the standard custom maps that came with the game.

Where should I import these maps to? If someone can give me the path, that would be great!

Thanks!

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 08 Mar 2007, 05:25

Welcome to the forums, celliottii! ;)

Well, you do have the correct path...I've downloaded some maps and placed them there; it works fine.

If you're playing singleplayer, make sure the show multiplayer maps button is checked.

Hope this helps!
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

windjaz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby windjaz » 24 Jun 2007, 21:43

Ok - this is really bizarre. I am able to play HOMM5 just fine, but for some reason I don't have a Maps folder. I have tried searching for the .h5m files and the only ones my computer can find are the 2 that i've downloaded for co-op play. Can anyone please help me??

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 24 Jun 2007, 23:01

windjaz wrote:Ok - this is really bizarre. I am able to play HOMM5 just fine, but for some reason I don't have a Maps folder. I have tried searching for the .h5m files and the only ones my computer can find are the 2 that i've downloaded for co-op play. Can anyone please help me??
Have you patched your game? The first game patch should have added a map folder.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

lonewolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lonewolf » 25 Jun 2007, 06:46

I having the same problems even though I have patched the game to v1.05.

I did not install on the default directory so I created a 'maps' folders in the Heroes V folders. But its still not showing up.

I dun know what I am missing here.. :tired:

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 25 Jun 2007, 07:51

Did you unzip the map before you put it in the map folder?

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

lonewolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lonewolf » 26 Jun 2007, 02:50

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:Did you unzip the map before you put it in the map folder?

GOW
Yeah of cos. The extension of the maps is h5m.

Same problem with celliottii. No other h5m files other than those I downloaded. This is strange.

OK. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly. You used 'Custom Game' to play a downloaded map right?? ;|

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 26 Jun 2007, 07:38

You can try what happens if you place the Maps directory not under Homm5 root directory but under Homm5/Data/.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 26 Jun 2007, 12:21

lonewolf wrote:OK. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly. You used 'Custom Game' to play a downloaded map right?? ;|
Yes and make sure you selected single player or multiplayer as appropriate for the map type. You can also play multiplayer maps in single player mode if you check the "show multiplayer maps" box.

GOW

lonewolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lonewolf » 26 Jun 2007, 15:32

Pitsu wrote:You can try what happens if you place the Maps directory not under Homm5 root directory but under Homm5/Data/.
Nope. Doesn't work too. :(

Thanks for the suggestion.

windjaz
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby windjaz » 28 Jun 2007, 20:41

I have patched, I've done all of the patches in fact. Once I went into the Map Editor and started a blank map, the Map directory was miraculously there. Once I did that, the maps have shown up for me to play. I've also been to that website that is being maintained by The_HyDrA (i think that's how to spell it) and downloaded the original maps so that I can change them into multiplayer. Thanks for the help!!

lonewolf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lonewolf » 30 Jun 2007, 04:12

Ok guys. I got it working now.

I decided to try what windjaz did too and its finally working for me. I think the problem I have previously was that I downloaded 'Heritage of Deleb' just to try and it was not showing up. I downloaded a couple more maps and after firing up the editor, the other maps I downloaded shows up.

So maybe there was a problem with 'Heritage of Deleb'. ;|

Anyway, the maps are working for me now so thanks all for your patience in answering all my queries. :-D

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”