2.1 : Subterrain objects removed

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Neckie
Peasant
Peasant

2.1 : Subterrain objects removed

Unread postby Neckie » 01 Feb 2007, 13:39

Well I'm pretty pissed that the 2.1 patch removed the "down" objects that create abyss like on my map :

Now here is the good news : you can get them back.

How? Well you have to delete files in the .pak file. Its a bit drastic but I tried to just create a mod that makes them visible but it doesn't work so you have to delete them from the a1p1-data.pak.

Here is what you have to do :
1- Backup a1p1-data.pak !!! very important!
2-Here are the files you should remove if you want to use those objects in your maps :
in a1p1-data.pak\MapObjects\_(AdvMapObjectLink)\Objects-Subterra :
Chain_01.xdb
Chain_02.xdb
Down_Bridge_Door.xdb
Down_Bridge_End.xdb
Down_Bridge_L.xdb
Down_Bridge_Segment.xdb
Down_Bridge_T.xdb
Down_Bridge_X.xdb

in a1p1-data.pak\MapObjects\_(AdvMapObjectLink)\Objects-Subterra\Dungeonwalls :
all the files with "down" in the name.

You have to know that this is optional and do this only if you want to use those objects easily in the editor (you can use them without deleting the objectlinks they just won't be in the Objects list with all the other objects.)

Neckie

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 01 Feb 2007, 16:58

Good to know :)

Nice job, Neckie.

meows
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby meows » 27 Nov 2007, 10:05

Yeeks, tried it the "the "down" objects " editing and it didn't work for me.. Must have done something wrong, evem though it looked real easy,

Neckie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Neckie » 27 Nov 2007, 14:16

See my post @ elrath :

http://elrath.co.uk/forums/index.php?s= ... ost&p=4357

Should work for HoF and TotE. If you can't make it work i'll make a mod that will make it work.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 09 Dec 2007, 08:33

data.pak\MapObjects\_(AdvMapObjectLink)\Objects-Subterra :

Down_Bridge_Door.xdb
Down_Bridge_End.xdb
Down_Bridge_L.xdb
Down_Bridge_Segment.xdb
Down_Bridge_T.xdb
Down_Bridge_X.xdb

and

data.pak\MapObjects\_(AdvMapObjectLink)\Objects-Subterra\Dungeonwalls :
all the "down" objects
--------------

Once extracted, you can uncheck the "read only" feature in the files properties . Then open them with notepad and change the line :
<HideInEditor>true</HideInEditor>
for
<HideInEditor>false</HideInEditor>

Then if you successfully followed the instructions, when you'll open the editor, you'll be able to select them in the subterrain object section.
I am confused. I extracted the data.pak and copied those first 5 files to my desktop and edited them as directed. Where exactly do I put them? When I put them in the data folder, it didn't work so I made nested folders in the data folder so the path to them was

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\data\MapObjects\_(AdvMapObjectLink)\Objects-Subterra

and that didn't work. I know I could just put the edited files in the data.pak that I extracted but the instructions seemed to imply leaving the original file unchanged.

Oh, this for TOTE.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Neckie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Neckie » 09 Dec 2007, 16:22

Don't know what you did that didn't work.... i have the files in
F:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\data\MapObjects\_(AdvMapObjectLink)\Objects-Subterra for the bridges and
F:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Heroes of Might and Magic V - Tribes of the East\data\MapObjects\_(AdvMapObjectLink)\Objects-Subterra\Dungeonwalls for the other ones and i see them fine in the editor dunno what went wrong for you ....

Added a pak file for you to download in my post @Elrath. It should work since it works here...

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 09 Dec 2007, 17:37

Thanks. :)

Well, looking at your comments at elrath and looking under dwarf objects (since I had your editor mod installed) they were there. But I deleted the folders I had made and installed your down objects mod instead.

Your two mods make it easy for us to get the objects back and have everything better organized. Thanks again. :)

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”