Razed peasant huts

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
meows
Peasant
Peasant

Razed peasant huts

Unread postby meows » 11 Jan 2007, 08:00

I can't seem to figure out how to place a razed pesant hut.
RazeBuilding("peasanthut1"); and it removed the pesant hut but will not replace it with a razed building.. How do you do this?

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 11 Jan 2007, 09:06

welll, isn't the only building with razed graphics inferno town? With everything else, what happens is that the structure is removed. Have you seen the graphics of a razed peasant hut somewhere (map or map editor)?

Edit. I can add that IMO the command is quite stupid to have with only 1 real target. And it (as well as some other things) demonstrate well that the game is build around (campaign) maps. It was needed to have razed infernos on a campaign map, therefore a special command was done. At the same time several usable and simple commands, like one that builds a structure in town do not exist. (Or it did not, when I tested and studied the editor capabilities)

meows
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby meows » 12 Jan 2007, 08:55

Pitsu wrote:welll, isn't the only building with razed graphics inferno town? With everything else, what happens is that the structure is removed. Have you seen the graphics of a razed peasant hut somewhere (map or map editor)?
Actually there are 4 razed buildings under
AdvMapStaticShared:MapObjects\RazedTowns\Fake_PeasantHut
AdvMapStaticShared:MapObjects\RazedTowns\RazedHeaven
AdvMapStaticShared:MapObjects\RazedTowns\RazedHeaven2
AdvMapStaticShared:MapObjects\RazedTowns\RazedInferno
Now how would you use the AdvMapStaticShared:MapObjects\RazedTowns\Fake_PesantHut
in a script where you remove the normal hut and replace it with the Fake one?

makrise
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby makrise » 12 Jan 2007, 12:36

Go to the ObjectsPropertiesTree of the Object you want to raze. Click on the "..." button next to the Shared-Field. Now you can use the field "RazedStatic" to look for an AdvMapStatic Object that will be used to replace the Object when the RazeObject function is used. But when using this in a real map you should make a new Object so that other maps aren't affected.
But with the Peasent Hut there it already says
AdvMapStaticShared:MapObjects\RazedTowns\Fake_PeasantHut ,
so I think there just is no model for this Object.
Drachenwald.Net
"Well, things just got simpler. And a lot more complicated."
My Current Project: Rappelz Character Database, a free character database for players of the mmog "Rappelz"

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”