What maps do you prefer?

Maps and the art of mapmaking.

What maps do you prefer(most oftenly play)?

Single Player Maps with a storyline
48%
Single Player Campaigns
33%
Multiplayer Maps against a boosted AI(Ai players have better chances)
7%
Multiplayer Maps with Human Players(all players are equal)
12%

Total votes: 42

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

What maps do you prefer?

Unread postby okrane » 09 Jan 2007, 12:32

I would like to see what kind of maps the comunity desires from heroes games...

So please vote.. if you don't find your choice in those of the above please post your opinion

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 09 Jan 2007, 12:45

I chose single player maps with a storyline, though I could have just as easily chosen single player campaign.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

meows
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby meows » 11 Jan 2007, 08:02

Grumpy Old Wizard wrote:I chose single player maps with a storyline, though I could have just as easily chosen single player campaign.

GOW
Yes I agree with Grumpy Old Wizard. Singleplayer either one.

DeejMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DeejMaster » 16 Jan 2007, 05:08

I like to play Multi-player with my kids because I know I can kick their buns (14, 12 and 10) and it is nice in a 4-way because my oldest usually takes out the other two and I take him out (I don't have the heart to stomp on the little-ones). I have played against my oldest (25) and he does present a challenge. Sooo, multi-equal is good.
However, when I am by myself, I'm much like Grumpy...Single player Storyline or campaign, leaning to Storyline.

If Multi-player with boosted AI is anything like Heroes III AI (although you could fool them with handful of creatures spread out in a poorly defended castle garrison), I wouldn't want to give the AI an advantage. So I have to say "no" to that one.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 28 Jan 2007, 19:42

I like single player maps, because that's how I play 98% of the time. I also like them large, with room to develop. It's OK to have multiple starting positions, but there needs to be more to do than capture the other starting positions.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 28 Jan 2007, 20:54

What I play the most are single player maps, almost exclusively large and extra-large. I do prefer campaigns, though, getting a chance to develop your hero well is most rewarding. Multiplayer, I haven't even tried, not really sure if a lot of players are available.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 28 Jan 2007, 21:29

I love singleplayer maps, usually XL with at least several players, some uber treasure, lots of towns and interesting landscape. One of my all time favourite H3 scenario is "Pandora's box" which comes with the AB, I believe.

EDN
Scout
Scout

Unread postby EDN » 29 Jan 2007, 00:12

Single player og storyline... that rules!

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 13 Feb 2007, 21:18

I enjoy playing with (or against) human players. The AI just leaves alot lacking in this game.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 15 Feb 2007, 05:08

I usually play XL maps with a storyline. Othertimes I play an XL or L map without one. As long as the map holds my interest, I'll play it. Eye candy is really important. Nothing worse than playing an empty looking map.

Eolian Mage
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Eolian Mage » 28 Feb 2007, 00:09

L or XL single player maps with a storyline, definitely. However, the story should be "connected" to the map, and it should creative, interesting, and original, all of which are difficult to achieve. Oh, and I agree about the eye-candy. Exploration and the progressive uncovering of a new, fantastic land is part of the fun. But, I like open-ended play too, which can get in the way of a linear story. <deep sigh> A lot to ask, I know.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 28 Feb 2007, 00:25

ByteBandit wrote:Nothing worse than playing an empty looking map.
Amen and hell yeah!
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Lord FubarII
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lord FubarII » 01 Apr 2007, 05:28

At first I wasn't sure if "Multiplayer Maps with Human Players" meant as in online playing too. Not that I play online much, in fact my friend Tom had to bug me forever to play online.
Gosh, the game can take a long time if we add in a couple of AI players too. We skip that part now.

Then I read (most oftenly play). I'm with the masses on that one as that is the one I voted for.
There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Apocalypse
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Apocalypse » 03 Apr 2007, 13:59

I enjoy playing all types of maps :D
Hide, listen, watch, learn… And when the time is right, strike from the shadow.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”