dds files

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
meows
Peasant
Peasant

dds files

Unread postby meows » 15 Dec 2006, 19:46

Okies., boy do I have the dds tools now. PaintShopPro 5, PhotoShop5.5 and Gimp2.2.. they will all save dds files.. however. the picture I save is not what shows in the game screen thumbnails, either just the text shows or some washed out version of the picture.. how do you get the pretty pictures?

dds seems kinda like the anaminated gifs... but for the life of me i can't even get one pic to show properly.
example:
the JpgImage
and the dds all washed out.
how do you fix this?

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 15 Dec 2006, 20:37

dds files have several compression or whatever formats. Have you paid attention to them? In other words: have you played with the advanced options when saving into dds and have taken the 32 bit 8888 format?

meows
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby meows » 16 Dec 2006, 08:29

Pitsu wrote:dds files have several compression or whatever formats. Have you paid attention to them? In other words: have you played with the advanced options when saving into dds and have taken the 32 bit 8888 format?
well none of my programs seem to have the 32 bit 8888 format but they do have 32 bit ARGB so I will try that.. there are lots of formats to choose from and I thank you, as I have not found anything that shows what format to use in what situtation.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”