Thelonious thread

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Thelonious thread

Unread postby Thelonious » 06 Jan 2006, 13:34

Hi,

We had the Kalah thread, the Scarlett thread and now it's time for the Thelonious thread.

A original idea can be posted here and I'll see if I can make it work in my campaign - which is called 'A Wish to Far' :creative:

It's about a djinni who's master has been murdered, what he doesn't know how ever is that a guy is trying to get hold off all genies in the land so he can make his ultimate wish .... :devious:

I planning on making it a 2 side playable map - so you play with the djinni and with the evil villain. The last map is the clash between the two :D - and there you can choose 1 of the 2 caracters you've developed :-D

The outcome will be the same - I'm making this campaign to link it to HoMM V, how I will do that - that's a secret for now. ;)

Anyway all input is welcome and will be in the credits ;) so I won't take off with YOUR originality.
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jan 2006, 14:27

Yay!A map about djinns!!I volunteer as a playtester :devil:

If you had some idea about putting in wishes with weird outcomes,I can help with that.I always liked that "wish" humor(turn me immortal=turning a guy into an indistructable statue,etc)

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 06 Jan 2006, 16:03

Ah, just the kind of idea I might use. Though the djinni is with out a master really - but that can all change because I have the beginning and ending of the story, though not the middle (yet)

Keep 'em coming! ;)
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 06 Jan 2006, 16:10

Well,you could always watch the wishmaster.Those were some pretty funny wishes :devil:

And remember the solmyrs hastly words about serving an immortal?

So if you want a wish not to backfire on you,you must hire a lawyer to word it for you :D

I remember once I gave an efreety botle to some of the players,and one of them wished to be able to go thrugh walls.The efreet turned him into an etheral and all of his equipment fell to the ground. :devil:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 08 Jan 2006, 10:45

When and were? I'd like to know.

I'm working on the wosh thing, but I've made him carefull not to do something like Solymr. He has got his bottle along with him, I could have someone steal that..

But at this moment the first map is still blank except for the hero and the others aren't there YET, I've just been writing text for day 1, 2 and 3 and I'm going to make a start on placed events and questhuts soon.
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jan 2006, 15:17

When and where...Hmmm...Well,itd be nice to deepen a bit the story from H4,so you could use a few (hundred) years after the original campaigns.So most obviously,hed start in great arcan.But somehow,I find it better if the lands were rough(barbarians).And,of course,there could be a whole plane of genies behind some hidden portal,where the game would end.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 08 Jan 2006, 18:53

The beginning is in a forest, but a rough setting is possible.

I think I'll use the wish-backfiring on the anti-hero -> I've done some teasure quest huts, AND made the ending for this map. I just need to make the quest huts to fill the middle up. The ending is at an oracle, so I think I'll have him search for that, and a 'robber' to annoy the player - the robber will be related to the anti-hero.

Oh anyone an idea how to name the anti-hero? And what class should he be?

The djinni is called Iaz, and I push the player into making him a wizard. His mother was an efreet.

And if you have something for the middle it'll be appreaciated.
Grah!

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 08 Jan 2006, 19:02

Iaz?... :-D That's Romanian for "pond". So maybe the anti-hero's name could be somerthing opposite to a pond... hmm... Something foul and wicked, perhaps? A swamp? Romanian for "swamp" is "mlaştină" (approx. 'mlaʃtinɘ' in the Interntional Phonetic Alphabet). Maybe you could switch some letters, add some vowels, do something and get a name you'll like?

Or you could just use English "Bog".
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 08 Jan 2006, 19:53

Antagonist could be named Iznogud :devil: .Or maybe Jafar would suit him better.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 09 Jan 2006, 08:35

@ Lucky Dragon - Oh it was just ment as a name, but it's quite funny, his former master had thrown his bottle into a lake... :)

@ Daemian - you can never watch to many cartoons :-D

I'm thinking, he's like a ghost-buster only then with genies... So maybe I'll can him Slimy :D , naw let's not do that..
Grah!

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 10 Jan 2006, 23:21

Anyone ever see the movies "Wishmaster"? The main villian was an evil djinn who always granted wishes in a way that made you wish you had never turned him loose.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 11 Jan 2006, 01:09

I watched just the first part.But I heard that the sequels suck,so I didnt bother watching them.If they fall into my hands,Ill watch,but I wont try to obtain them.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 11 Jan 2006, 15:34

Nope,

But I'll make the evil villain have his wishes forfilled in a way he doesn't want to - since he treats his djinni's bad.

I'm gonig to work on the quest huts just now. Then I'll try those out and see what comes of the story part.
Grah!

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 18 Jan 2006, 15:17

Should I call the villian Daemian? And make him a Witchqueen of Az Naruuk? :D Then I'll have to make other appear as well...
Grah!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 18 Jan 2006, 18:54

Yeah,you can have a summoner Kalah that was destroyed by Deamian while they battled for the same thing :devil:

You could also add a knight Gaidal Cain that tries to oppose Daemian,but is somehow always a step behind :devil: :devil:

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 18 Jan 2006, 20:12

The world doesn't turn around post counts you know...
Grah!

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Jan 2006, 21:22

Thelonious wrote:Should I call the villian Daemian? And make him a Witchqueen of Az Naruuk? :D
The first part is good, but you really ought to make your villain an Evil Eye :devil:
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 18 Jan 2006, 23:14

It's always fun to write your friends into your campaign. (And it's easier than making up names!)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jan 2006, 07:05

ScarlettP wrote:It's always fun to write your friends into your campaign. (And it's easier than making up names!)
Its even better to put your enemies in there so you can kick their a$$es :devil:

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 19 Jan 2006, 13:39

LOL! Well, if I ever get mine finished, you get to whip up on Rife, Pitsu, WildBear, Ethric AND Veldrynus. Others come and go, some are on your side, others aren't. Most CHANGE 'sides' at least once.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”