Problem with the editor

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
hiv
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Problem with the editor

Unread postby hiv » 09 Nov 2006, 07:48

hey i have a problem with the editor,some features like ramp tile doesent seem to work,i cant set properties for heroes/castles and so on i was wondering if anyone has the same problem and any solutions,meanwhile ill try to uninstal it and reinstall it mayby something got screwed during instalation,i have the colectors edition game.Thank you in advance.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Problem with the editor

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 09 Nov 2006, 12:34

hiv wrote:hey i have a problem with the editor,some features like ramp tile doesent seem to work,i cant set properties for heroes/castles and so on i was wondering if anyone has the same problem and any solutions,meanwhile ill try to uninstal it and reinstall it mayby something got screwed during instalation,i have the colectors edition game.Thank you in advance.
I'm not sure what you mean by the ramp tile doesn't work. Do you mean you can't get one to display or that you can't access the water with it? I have used the ramp and it works for me.

When you place an object such as a heroe or a castle, hit escape to get the object off the editor cursor. Then click on the object once to highlight it and then hit your spacebar. The properties window should come up.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 09 Nov 2006, 14:54

he might mean putting a ramp up to raised terrain.

which i can understand why he thinks it doesnt work.

the ramp feature i myself do not understand the trick on making it work on the first click of the mouse. maybe there is no trick.
what i have to do is select "ramp" then hover the mouse over the even section of raised terrain i want a ramp, then click repeatedly over and over in various places, until maybe about fifty clicks later, sometimes just before ive decided ive wasted "enought" ( :D ) time on making a ramp and am about to move on to something else, poof, the ramp magically appears.
ive never yet had a ramp appear on the first mouse click.
so all i can suggest is be patient, and keep clicking, a ramp will eventually be made.
and make sure you have a smooth section of ramp that is wide/long enough to accomodate a three?? square raised ramp. its three right?

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 09 Nov 2006, 15:09

myythryyn wrote: ive never yet had a ramp appear on the first mouse click.
Isn't it written even in the manual that it is not someting you can "paste" by clicking. You have to drag it. Basically select a terrain tile from one height and drag it to lower/higher level crossing the level separating steep cliff on your way.
Last edited by Silence on 09 Nov 2006, 15:18, edited 2 times in total.

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 09 Nov 2006, 15:11

is that the secret? you have to click and hold the mouse button?

*runs to open map editor and check*....

edit -

nope, just tried that, i clicked and held the mouse button, then "dragged" over the raised piece of even terrain, no ramp.
(oh great, i gotta increase my post count, im now a "big nose". maybe this was some creature that never made it past the beta....)

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 09 Nov 2006, 17:23

OK, my memory didn't serve me too well. You have to click on the tile that consist the steep cliff in positions where the ramp should appear. Click on it, and without releasin the mouse button drag towards *lower* plane. Diagonal dragging does not work tough.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 24 Nov 2006, 10:54

Silence wrote:OK, my memory didn't serve me too well. You have to click on the tile that consist the steep cliff in positions where the ramp should appear. Click on it, and without releasin the mouse button drag towards *lower* plane. Diagonal dragging does not work tough.
I don't think so, have difficulites placing a ramp too ( first thought it'll be the same way as in the WarcraftIII Editor but nope)...
...actually i never really made it... but i didn't click 50 times in a row like myythryyn did... it should be easier than that 8| !
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”