Basic scripting resources

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 24 Nov 2006, 00:37

Another question. Can you show messages (a message box for example) in combat? I tried with MessageBox and FlyingMessage during prepare() function but looks like it didn't recognize them.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 24 Nov 2006, 11:38

Vitirr wrote:Another question. Can you show messages (a message box for example) in combat? I tried with MessageBox and FlyingMessage during prepare() function but looks like it didn't recognize them.
The first campaign maps with tutorials turned on show messages in combat and while in town. Check the respective script files. Not tried myself.

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 25 Nov 2006, 00:12

Looks like there's only a fixed number of different messages for tutorials, which are listed in the file uiconst.(UIGameConstH5).xdb in the tutorial option section. To add your own messages I think you have to edit this file.

I've tried to investigate with the messages in combat in the first map of the first campaign, but didn't get many results. Looks like the messages are shown only one time. If you replay the mission you don't get them, but I don't know how it's controlled.

All this is really too complicated to get just a simple message box.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”